Alex Rae - what is he bringing ?

If the manager is giving them instructions to up the tempo, as he said he did, and the players don't up the tempo, what is it we are expecting Alex Rae to do here? Run onto the pitch and start slapping people about the head?

I brought up this very question in the post-match inquest in the local.

I'd presumed Alex Rae provided that vital link between his passionate knowledge of the club as player and supporter and the manager's initial, natural ignorance of the same.

I'd have expected that personal experience would have exploded into life during the half-time interval and that a very differently motivated Rangers team would have appeared for the second half.

If Rae indeed did say his tuppence worth, alongside Clement, it obviously had no effect.

Before the game's kick-off the fans exhorted the players to "Fight for these Colours".

How on earth did this message not get through to the manager, staff and players?

I'd presumed Alex Rae provided that vital link between his passionate knowledge of the club as player and supporter and the manager's initial, natural ignorance of the same.

I'd have expected that personal experience would have exploded into life during the half-time interval and that a very differently motivated Rangers team would have appeared for the second half.

If Rae indeed did say his tuppence worth, alongside Clement, it obviously had no effect.

Before the game's kick-off the fans exhorted the players to "Fight for these Colours".

How on earth did this message not get through to the manager, staff and players?
That’s what I was getting at, Alex won the league and knows what it means but there just wasn’t any passion or fight yesterday.

So do we question the goalkeeping coach for the old firm? This isn’t on Alex or anyone else.

It’s on Phil and the squad.
It's not even on Phil. It's the same core of failures every single time. That's the common denominator. Once we're out- of touch watch us batter 5 past folk when the pressures off.

Reactions: TQ3
Were we not told, Rae would be kept on until the end of season, then a decision would be made either to retain or restructure the coaching side?

It's not even on Phil. It's the same core of failures every single time. That's the common denominator. Once we're out- of touch watch us batter 5 past folk when the pressures off.

I agree to an extent for sure. He’s made mistakes though.

Every manager always does, this isn't him getting off scot free. It's just amazing how.many can't make the connection between the same players giving us the same results year after year after year. The performances from said players have been threatening yesterday for weeks now.

Indeed mate.

Just hope Clement sees it, because they’ll cost him his job like they have done those before him.

If the manager is giving them instructions to up the tempo, as he said he did, and the players don't up the tempo, what is it we are expecting Alex Rae to do here? Run onto the pitch and start slapping people about the head?
With a boot up the arse at the same time, that is not a bad shout

According to a bbc report a fan in Saudi used a whip on a player when he was unhappy with the performance. Anything’s worth a go if it works.

Reactions: TQ3
Scatter gun loaded in true Rangers fan style, he probably brings his Uefa A Licence, languages, good bridge between our Belgian manager and players, knowledge of the game, grounds and opponents, years of coaching experience, English Premiership and Rangers captaining experience to the table.
We lost a game of football, put the scatter gun away and let's support the team on Wednesday!

Dundee (maybe Perth) Hamilton, Celtic Park and the Vatican

On the contrary, I think Clement will cost them their jobs. I don't get the feeling g he suffers hit like this for long, at present he's hamstrung with them.

I hope you’re right. It’s been a long time coming, they’re stinking the place out.

Clement was assistant to Preud'homme at Club Brugge at the same time Rae was assistant to McLeish at Genk in 2014-15. There is every possibility they knew each other from then.
No mention of that when Clement arrived nor through his own comments on their working relationship.

Scatter gun loaded in true Rangers fan style, he probably brings his Uefa A Licence, languages, good bridge between our Belgian manager and players, knowledge of the game, grounds and opponents, years of coaching experience, English Premiership and Rangers captaining experience to the table.
We lost a game of football, put the scatter gun away and let's support the team on Wednesday!

Dundee (maybe Perth) Hamilton, Celtic Park and the Vatican

Aye, but apart from that.

0*BLFPxOQ7qDT1EZ8X

The manager and staff are well aware of the demands from the support. So are the players, most of them have been here for years. Football teams lose form and hit bumps. You can't dismantle every facet of the club's backroom staff just because we lost a game. It's lunacy.

As far as Alex Rae instilling passion and fight in the players, he can say it until he's blue in the face, but the buck stops with the players. They're the ones who have to carry out the tactical instructions and game plan set out by the coaching staff. They're the ones who have to match the fight and intensity of the opposition.

It's a fair question when before he was hired a lot of folk on this forum were posting about how he gets it and will bring a winning mentality, which was enough to overlook his entire coaching CV.

Come on broxi strolls about that pitch like he doesn't want to be there, what length of contract is he on? if another club comes in for him he has to be let go. Sick of it
Well if lundstum and Matondo get 30.000 then Broxi should be on more. He makes more people happy.

Now there is a thing! :))

I'm sure I must be misremembering but I thought there were loads of posts on here when the manager came on board saying we should expect bumps on the road and we need to be strong and support the club through them
The first sticky spell with a few bad results (and Sunday's was very bad) and performances and we have people wanting to get rid of more or less the whole team and the management team.
I sometimes wonder if there are posters on here who have just started watching football this season.
Every manager and group of players has delivered bad results and performances in all the years I have been watching Rangers. They happen.
We need to be capable of taking longer term view of things. As an absolute minimum Clement needs another two transfer windows

As soon as the second goal went in on Sunday I thought I am not going anywhere near FF as it will be full of stupidity . Clement , Tav, Goldson, Barasic and Scott Wright will be slaughtered. I did log in and wasn’t far wrong but didn’t see Scott Wright get a mention.

Thought it was safe to log in this morning and the first thread I seen was this one.

Holy fck, June can’t come fast enough.

Iam sure I heard the Gaffer tell him one of his Scottish coaches told him he couldn't go out with that wee wank Strachan for a five guys.

This thread is mental.

There's been mention of Broxi & family, the bog cleaner, the tea lady, the ball boy, the security guy, Bisgrove, Andy Cameron, and the Vatican.

And there's someone telling us Alex Rae has a huge cock.

Never change FF, tremendous.

Looking at yesterday where our midfield were non existent I was wondering is Alex Rae bringing anything to the table. You never hear him speak, just nods when Phil is talking to him. Alex might have been a limited player but he knew how to put the boot in and mixed it with anyone yet our team don’t seem to do either. Does anyone know what he does as I don’t see him doing much on match days. To be fair to Alex, I don’t see anyone else from the back room team doing that much either.
Rae getting it now, ffs.

Tbh if there’s one backroom staff member where any questions are merited I’d say it’s at the goalkeeping coach. Boy on my bus made a valid point the other week. When Butland first arrived he came for every cross ball and collected it.

Now he barely comes for cross balls. Is this being coached to stay on his line?

I expected him to be more animated on the sidelines. I am not sure what he is offering but I am certainly not going to blame him because I have literally no idea if he is doing anything wrong or right.

Were we not told, Rae would be kept on until the end of season, then a decision would be made either to retain or restructure the coaching side?
Yes that's the case. He doesn't know if he's being kept on next season or not, there's talk of Buffel possibly joining.

Back