Alex Thomson Ch4 - Investigating Celtic Boys Club

There are many kinds of silence.
The silence of the Scottish press and government following last nights expose by Alex Thomson is the silence of complicity, a silence that protects the abusers and the enablers, a silence that prevents justice by failing to speak out, a silence that is shameful.

Celtic failures must be kept silent.

The tactic so beloved of the abuser telling the victim to stay silent or they will be in trouble.

It appears Scotland does not care about the damaged lives that happened over 40 years of abuse by a number of paedophiles at Celtic/CBC.

Abuse that could have been stopped if the protection of the good name of Celtic was not placed before child protection.

The silence today's MSM in Scotland shows that protecting Celtic is still more important than helping victims.

Shame on you at BBC Scotland, STV and Daily Record etc.

Your silence is not silence but complicity in preventing truth and justice.

The maxim is "Qui tacet consentit": the maxim of the law is "Silence gives consent". If therefore you wish to construe what my silence betokened, you must construe that I consented.

Thomas More in 'A Man for All Seasons'. This applies without question to Celtic, the Scottish Media and the Scottish Government.

Whitewash.
Side note. The photo of mr Henry makes him look like he’s for the watching.

Watch the footage of him last night. He seems like everything you'd expect him to be.

The fact this guy is heading the inquiry is utterly shameful. And now he's trying to defend that club when by rights he should be serving them up on a plate to the victims.

Dangerous and shady doesn't even begin to cover it.

That's the recurring theme with this lot.

Rather than admit their clubs guilt and show remorse, they -

concoct vile lies about Richard Gough and John Chalmers.

indulge in "whataboutery" & go to great lengths to try "unmask" any beasts who were in our clubs employment.

accuse you of "point scoring" and being sick, for broaching the subject of the sordid goings on at their club.

They are not normal.

6IDfhye.png

"Hi Peter, Alex Thomson, Channel 4 News here. I know you're in there. Can you explain why none of the victims were interviewed during your secret investigation?"

Said it on a few other threads. Guys a mentalist mate.
He’s seriously obsessed with the point scoring aspect of their child abuse exposure, he’s obsessed with trying g to prove that rangers had a similar, if not bigger abuse ring and he’s out to expose it. The problem he has is, he keeps posting the same shite that everybody has seen and that everybody knows about, he’s not posting any new stuff. Just rinse and repeat for him.

he’s let everyone know his name because he thinks he’s untouchable. he might become unstuck with that one day though...
Actually asked him to post his proof .also the artical he continually posts has the word claims in it something in his twisted mind seems to take as a fact.

Is this Martin Henry guy now backtracking on comments made to Channel 4?
Have I missed something? There has been so much information coming out I’m finding it hard to keep track at times.

Ouch. That’s funny mate:))
He's got to be cuter than than. Linking the serious events of their sick past with a football result will come accross as crass.

It's way too serious an issue and gives rise to accusations of "point-scoring" as brought up on this thread.
It's important we do not use the abuse of children as a laughing matter. The victims deserve way more respect.

Actually asked him to post his proof .also the artical he continually posts has the word claims in it something in his twisted mind seems to take as a fact.
I don’t have twitter, I’d love to call him out.
Genuinely want someone to dig him out for being a bigot scumbag.
And to actually call him a mentalist. On my behalf of course!!!

he’s a mouth frothing fuckwit. He typifies their support perfectly

An abuse survivor has claimed that he was molested in premises used by Celtic Boys Club that were yards from Celtic FC’s stadium.

Gordon Woods was 13 when Jim Torbett, the founder of Celtic’s feeder club, sexually assaulted him.

He alleges that some of the abuse took place in a building used by the boys’ club in the Sixties.

Mr Woods, who has waived his right to anonymity, told Channel 4 News: “Immediately outside the main Celtic ground there was a building. It was painted in the same colours as Celtic FC. It was part of Celtic FC’s grounds. That’s where we trained. That’s where some of the abuse took place.”

The building has been demolished but photographs and Celtic publications confirm its existence.

Torbett was jailed for two years in 1998 and for six years in November 2018 for sexually attacking boys in his care. Celtic FC has expressed sympathy but continues to insist that the boys’ club was a separate organisation with which it had “historic contacts”.

Mr Woods, now in his sixties, denied this, saying: “We were very much part of Celtic FC.” He was backed by James Dornan, an SNP MSP whose son was on the books of Celtic FC and its feeder club.

Martin Henry, chairman of the Independent Review into Sexual Abuse in Scottish Football, told Channel 4 that there had been an “irrefutable” historical relationhip between Celtic FC and the boys’ club, which was later severed.

He said that Celtic FC and other clubs had an “inescapable” moral obligation to accept responsibility for the abuse that took place at feeder clubs. Offering compensation was “the right thing to do,” he added.

The Scottish Football Association, which commissioned the review, said Mr Henry was speaking in a personal capacity and that it did not endorse his views. The governing body stressed that it was not in the gift of the review to apportion any liability.

The review’s interim report, published in 2018, suggested that senior teams could not distance themselves from abuse at feeder clubs. The Times understands that this will be reiterated in the final report, which is expected to be published within weeks.

Celtic said: “Celtic FC is appalled by any form of historic abuse and has great sympathy for those who suffered abuse and for their families. The club is very sorry that these events took place.

“Although Celtic FC is a separate organisation, we take these [claims] extremely seriously because of the historic contacts between the two organisations.”

Me too mate, I know their situation is thousands of times worse than my own, with multitudes of more complex issues.

I know, well I've experienced the fall out and aftermath of these sub human bastards, it's a lifelong nightmare for the poor people who are at the receiving end and their families and friends.
Sorry to hear that mate. Its far too complex a situation to just say get on with it. I wont say I could imagine, because I cant and after reading your post mate, all I can say is I'm grateful it hasn't happened to me or people close to me. All the best to you my friend.

He's got to be cuter than than. Linking the serious events of their sick past with a football result will come accross as crass.

It's way too serious an issue and gives rise to accusations of "point-scoring" as brought up on this thread.
It's important we do not use the abuse of children as a laughing matter. The victims deserve way more respect.

Fair point.

for example how can you get just 6 years in Torbetts case for multiple sex crimes over decades including a sex crime against a 5 year old? Its disgusting and the Judicial system needs sorted or at least investigated. Why are we not seeing protests in the street regards why Scotland views these crimes so leniently?

over to you Humza Yousaf
You will have a long wait if your waiting on Humza to reply HB He will be too busy trying to find a way to get Copenhagen banned from Euro games at the moment and trying to whitewash the piggery scandals .

The points scoring jibe is one we hear a lot from the likes of Spiers to further demonise the Rangers support and deflect attention away from the refusal of Celtic FC (and by extension their fans) to accept ownership of this scandal.

And they do that, quite clearly, because they understand that to admit culpability could see compensation claims run into the tens of millions, so I ask you, in moral terms, who are the real villains of the piece here?

The collusion between Celtic FC and the political-media establishment in Scotland to douse the flames of this story is sickening, especially so when it is compared with the zeal that all and sundry attacked us with for what was, morally at least, a significantly less serious indiscretion, so it’s completely understandable therefore that Rangers supporters will take all of this on board and demand that the punishment must fit the crime.
Wait a minute. I'm against point scoring and I've said so on here. Not having a go at everyone by any means, indeed the majority of posts are fine. Just need a bit of decorum and seeing some of the posts on twitter especially are crass. My point is, we must always think of the victims first and foremost.

I understand eufa have been contacted regarding this matter and they could kick the paedo club out of European games for years or whatever, but what will the SFA do about it?
I feel eufa will pass the buck to the SFA for what happens regarding Scottish football. And we know what will happen regarding as to what the SFA will do about it,. Nothing probably.
We need to set the wheels in motion regarding everyone in Scottish football contacting the SFA to have this rancid club kicked out of the game altogether.
You know what the craziest thing for me is, why did these victims still go on to keep supporting the rancid club.
Personally, I would not have anything to do with them. Just can't understand that side to victims of child abuse at that den of iniquity.
We will see what happens regarding the eufa and sfa stances.

I understand eufa have been contacted regarding this matter and they could kick the paedo club out of European games for years or whatever, but what will the SFA do about it?
I feel eufa will pass the buck to the SFA for what happens regarding Scottish football. And we know what will happen regarding as to what the SFA will do about it,. Nothing probably.
We need to set the wheels in motion regarding everyone in Scottish football contacting the SFA to have this rancid club kicked out of the game altogether.
You know what the craziest thing for me is, why did these victims still go on to keep supporting the rancid club.
Personally, I would not have anything to do with them. Just can't understand that side to victims of child abuse at that den of iniquity.
We will see what happens regarding the eufa and sfa stances.

if there is anything in the cross border traffiking - you would think UEFA could take it out of individual hands

The silence coming from the SMSM is deafening but expected, its this silence that's enabled this to go on for so long. Does anyone know what happens from here? Will it be the same as after mark Daly report or can it get taken out of sfa hands?
Contrast the coverage from SMSM during the Tax case where we owed fvck knows how many millions,The cries of integrity,morality and justice were front centre and every back page for weeks,Special reports programmes and investigations but the worlds worst sporting peadophile ring nothing.

That's the right way to deal with him. Dont go on shouting abuse, that leads nowhere.

Just keep asking what evidence he has to corroborate his accusations. Maybe an idea to let arsenal and their fans know that hes firing accusations around about them too.

He definitely lurks on here, so dont give him any excuses to rise one inch above his gutter level. Look up whataboutery in the oxford dictionary, you'll probably find his name in the explanation of this new word.

To be honest mate I don,t think he is paid at all .Think he is just a typical obsessed mentally challenged.also think he is mentally ill.

He is part of Celtic’s paid online propaganda machine. It is the same accounts peddling the same lies and diversions. Same can be seen on online article comments sections. Celtic are the masters of dark arts and this profile is just one cog in the wheel.

I'd love Alex Thomson to do another follow up piece,surely ch4 news had a viewer surge and him as a journo could be the one who finally exposes it. It only scratched the surface and to people across the uk it would have been an eye opener. But there is so much more to expose starting with the cover up and how many were aware

Very interesting that he's so open about this.

Making things even more clear (if it wasn't already obvious) that the SFA and CFC's only goal here is to avoid the manky båstards having to pay any money.
I took great interest in the Celtic bloggers last week. Not one of them mentioned the victims. All they were interested in was the club were well insured. They have no shame.

I took great interest in the Celtic bloggers last week. Not one of them mentioned the victims. All they were interested in was the club were well insured. They have no shame.
That's the thing I'm taking from it. Not one bit of compassion. Notice one on twitter pulling thomson about when will there be a report on man city. Well here's an exclusive as he's obviously been lying in his bed for about a year, the lazy assed mentally challenged. They put their hand up along with chelsea without trying to drag everybody else into it. A thing called morals. Sadly lacking with ronnie and his little piglets.

Last edited:

This is something I don't understand. It's been a similar reaction in the RC Church. No concern or sympathy for victims, an immediate denial or damage limitation exercise.
I can honestly state that had these crimes been committed at RFC, both myself, and any Rangers supporters I know, would be wanting a full inquiry, clean house, justice for the victims and prosecution for all those involved in the crimes and subsequent cover up.
I wouldn't be supporting a club that harbored 8 # pedophiles (that we know of) and didn't deal with it appropriately. I wouldn't be back until they did.
What goes on in their heads and what is wrong with Scotland that we are not meeting this head on at every level. Do the authorities not realize that a failure to do so, in combination with these ridiculously lenient sentences, will only lead to the abuse of more kids. I'm becoming more ashamed of my country with every passing week. Wake up FFS.

This is something I don't understand. It's been a similar reaction in the RC Church. No concern or sympathy for victims, an immediate denial or damage limitation exercise.
I can honestly state that had these crimes been committed at RFC, both myself, and any Rangers supporters I know, would be wanting a full inquiry, clean house, justice for the victims and prosecution for all those involved in the crimes and subsequent cover up.
I wouldn't be supporting a club that harbored 8 # pedophiles (that we know of) and didn't deal with it appropriately. I wouldn't be back until they did.
What goes on in their heads and what is wrong with Scotland that we are not meeting this head on at every level. Do the authorities not realize that a failure to do so, in combination with these ridiculously lenient sentences, will only lead to the abuse of more kids. I'm becoming more ashamed of my country with every passing week. Wake up FFS.
I share this view completely.

Hibs actually recommended Neely to us and said he was a great guy.

Which should be amplified.

A club that knew what was going on and ignored it and allowed him to go elsewhere. (That elsewhere being us)

A club whose top kiddy is the present head honcho of the SFA as far as I'm aware.

So we had McGinn, president of the SFA and now Petrie, present President of the SFA, and their rancid clubs.

What is the common denominator here?

Rumour is they’re moving to adidas in the summer.

I know that's who their scummy fans want, but NB are their sponsors for a short time yet.

I've been chasing these cants up for ages with the hope they would pull out before their contract ends. It doesn't look as though they will (just emailed them with updates a few mins ago), but even if they don't, it will surely stop them renewing the contract.

Back