Alfie to Everton?

I don’t get why we automatically assume Morelos would have to go to a mid level team either.

He is a full international, his goal scoring record is phenomenal, not just in Scotland but in Europe too, and against very good sides.

I was slagged off for pointing this out last season, I think having watched both Alfie is every bit as good as Jovic who ended up at Real Madrid for 52 million.

I’m not saying he’d get a move as good as that, or that we’d get anywhere near that fee playing in Scotland as opposed to the Bundesliga where Jovic played, but a struggling Man Utd isn’t so far fetched a destination for Morelos.

I’d hate to see him go to Palace or somewhere, he deserves a bigger stage.

I agree, some club out there is going to get very lucky investing in Alfie. I just hope its a club that does him justice and not some mid table premiership jobber team.

Probably, but I'd say he's going to have to prove it at a higher level for a while before he gets that sort of move.

Everton would be a great move for him. I'd also love to see him and Richarlison fighting for huffiest-looking expression.

If he moved to a pish club like Everton I'd be gutted for him.

I don’t get why we automatically assume Morelos would have to go to a mid level team either.

He is a full international, his goal scoring record is phenomenal, not just in Scotland but in Europe too, and against very good sides.

I was slagged off for pointing this out last season, I think having watched both Alfie is every bit as good as Jovic who ended up at Real Madrid for 52 million.

I’m not saying he’d get a move as good as that, or that we’d get anywhere near that fee playing in Scotland as opposed to the Bundesliga where Jovic played, but a struggling Man Utd isn’t so far fetched a destination for Morelos.

I’d hate to see him go to Palace or somewhere, he deserves a bigger stage.
IMO Man United would be the perfect team for Rangers. Sell to them with a sell on fee and we would be laughing our way to the bank, they're pish these days so we would get paid twice and United would be a 'stepping stone' so to speak.

Rich, big club - We can rinse them for £50m fairly easily. Include a 5-10% sell on fee for when he goes for 80m+ to a better club.

Then when he's at United he will bang the goals and reach the true potential in prem league, which will attract interest of bigger teams who will come in with even bigger offers and we get paid handsomely twice.

IMO:

Best club for Rangers: Man United
Best club for Morelos: Atletico Madrid

Morelos under Diego would be a sight to watch and there's the falcao links too but I don't think we would get as much money from them ( assuming they'd even be interested)

Last edited:
Oh aye, I can imagine Gerrard and co won't be able to sleep on the back of a fanny posting a tweet and then a group of folks wasting time during their lunch hour at work talking about what a daft tweet is.

Not exactly what I said though was it?

Speculation isn't helpful to players.

These virgins have taken over the social media coverage of football nowadays, the kind of folk that still watch wrestling. I absolutely include CJ Novo in that group.

Who is that absolute weirdo that does Man United stuff? Goldbridge or something?
[/QUOTE
A Man Yoo fan from Nottingham who followed Forest ( yes that one) till he was 20 , more money in ManU Tubing I suppose.

Not exactly what I said though was it?

Speculation isn't helpful to players.

You said rumors shouldn't be allowed on here..

Players don't give a %^*& what is posted on here, or actually know what is being posted on here even exists to be bothered by it.

I should be clear - I wasn't suggesting Morelos isn't good enough for the current Man Utd squad (that's a fair debate either way I'd say).

Only that goals up here and in the Europa League won't be deemed even as high as the likes of Daniel James doing what he did in the Championship down there. It should be, but evidence suggests not.

If anything, recent signings not working out would make Man Utd less prone to taking what many would deem as a risk.

It's fair to say some are just putting all the teams in the Epl on a dartboard and picking whichever one the dart hits.
someone will get lucky and say they had the scoop.

I should be clear - I wasn't suggesting Morelos isn't good enough for the current Man Utd squad (that's a fair debate either way I'd say).

Only that goals up here and in the Europa League won't be deemed even as high as the likes of Daniel James doing what he did in the Championship down there. It should be, but evidence suggests not.

If anything, recent signings not working out would make Man Utd less prone to taking what many would deem as a risk.

I think that's a fair summary.

Whilst I think Morelos would be a good signing for Man Utd, I think for that club to get back to anywhere close to where they were 10+ years ago, and quickly, they need to be going for a Harry Kane level type striker and spend the money to do so which probably means upwards of £70/80m.

Just took a quick look at the twitter account being referenced and fair to say, I'm not too concerned that they have any insight at all.

Just shows you how important European football is to the club that Morelos can showcase his talent to a wider audience inflating his value significantly. 11 goals on the continent is good enough to get in any club in England out-with the Champions league participants.

Just a thought, but suppose Rangers don’t win the league this season?

That’s possible, isn’t it?

Is Morelos still ”staying for 55”? I assume not. And from a seller’s POV, how much should his price be then?

That indykalia just tweeted about it.
YTXs4g4.gif

Probably, but I'd say he's going to have to prove it at a higher level for a while before he gets that sort of move.

Everton would be a great move for him. I'd also love to see him and Richarlison fighting for huffiest-looking expression.

Yes, I agree I think he will make another step in his career by going to the Epl before he get's a big move if he does well.

It's fair to say some are just putting all the teams in the Epl on a dartboard and picking whichever one the dart hits.
someone will get lucky and say they had the scoop.
That's true as every big club will be watching Alfie with a vested interest, to think otherwise would be daft. I honestly think he will have a good few to choose from when the time comes, let's hope that's a while yet though

Will be interesting whenever an EPL tables an offer in terms of how others around them react. I suspect more than 1 EPL side is watching him.

Thought that page was quite reliable in the past. Seem to remember they reported Rodgers going to the scum before it happened. Only big money would mean Alfie departing; don’t think Everton would be willing to spend big at this current time.

Thought that page was quite reliable in the past. Seem to remember they reported Rodgers going to the scum before it happened. Only big money would mean Alfie departing; don’t think Everton would be willing to spend big at this current time.

Everton have spent big in the summer and they are struggling. The manager might not even be there in January.

This article, from FIVE YEARS AGO, says it all.

“It's quite clear that @Indykaila is a parody account. It can't be a deluded person devoting their life to making up fake stories and posting them in an effort to resemble some form of credibility, can it?

Some people seem to think it is. The blog 'Indy Liar' was set up to "expose the fraud", and features a long winded post aiming to prove that he is not in-fact a credible transfer story source with detailed arguments such as:

Has anybody noticed how he gives multiple options to a transfer then retweets the one he gets correct? For example I think he has tweeted Ronaldo might stay at Madrid, sign for Chelsea, United, PSG, and Monaco. My 88 year old grandmother who hasn’t watched a game since the 1966 final would be able to predict that.
He claimed in a Tweet (Indyliar has saved it) that he worked for The BBC. Just called BBC sport and that is not true.”

“Fair play to him. In a social media obsessed society he has found a platform where people ARE interacting with his content, regardless of how ridiculous it is, so we aren't trying to knock him. We do worry for the naive who are not experienced with the internet enough to see right through his tweets, but ultimately posting twitter rumours are a victimless crime. It's not even a crime. It should just be ignored, but instead this guy's tweets are retweeted all over the place, so again, he must be doing something right.”

:D :D

LOL

The bloke has done exactly what I did when I was working out who could be interested in him, hardly rocket science. Alfie has stated he wants to try the EPL, and there are three Columbians playing there. One at Bournemouth, he doesn't fit their style and they couldn't afford him anyway, one at Spurs, would he get game time unless they sold Kane, doubtful? The other is at Everton and they would pay big money on, for the EPL, a gamble, whereas Man Utd would still want to go for a bigger name than Alfie is at the moment. But I am confident Alfie will go nowhere in jan unless the bid is stupidly high.

Back