Algerian player dies on pitch

julescotia

Was nosing through flashscores to see who actually played on Christmas, and an Algerian match caught my attention as it was abandoned. Unfortunately through tragic circumstances.

MC Saïda football player Sofiane Loukar died on Saturday during his team’s game on the ASM Oran pitch, a game played as part of the 10th day of the second League of football and this, after a few minutes after colliding with his goalkeeper Bendoula in the 26th minute of the first half.
Aged 28, Loukar had yet resumed the game after undergoing first aid on the field, before collapsing on the field in the 35th minute. The player suddenly fell on the field during the match, and medical staff rushed to try to save his life, but he breathed his last.
However during the break, the bad news broke. The player is said to have died of a heart attack on his way to the hospital.

A warning for anyone going searching, there is footage out there (that I didnt click on, but seen the still pictures) of him getting CPR on the pitch, and another of the players crying in the dressing room. What sick fk videos that man.

Tragic people are dying playing football in this day and age thoughts are with all the families who have suffered

Horrible for everyone involved. Brings back some horrible memories of witnessing O’Donnell (in person) and Eriksen (via TV) You do see it happening more and more unfortunately. Absolutely tragic.

I don’t know if it’s due to social media or easy access to other/random leagues out with the big ones but I don’t remember this being such a prevalent thing 5-10 years ago. Unless I lived in a bubble

I had a seventeen year old youth player die at my feet. I was playing last man and he was at centre-half. We had a corner and I said to him to move into the space just outside their penalty area and if the ball was cleared he may get a shot at goal. His answer was slurred and not understandable and he just collapsed. we tried to resusitate him but we later found out his main artery to the heart had blow'n up like a balloon and burst. I stopped playing shortly after that.

I had a seventeen year old youth player die at my feet. I was playing last man and he was at centre-half. We had a corner and I said to him to move into the space just outside their penalty area and if the ball was cleared he may get a shot at goal. His answer was slurred and not understandable and he just collapsed. we tried to resusitate him but we later found out his main artery to the heart had blow'n up like a balloon and burst. I stopped playing shortly after that.
Wow , heartbreaking .

3 footballers dying of heart attacks this week, plus others in recent months having heart attacks.

What the fucks going on? Or is it as above and it's just we have more access to more information and it looks like it's becoming a trend?

But it's happening more and more frequently.

That’s awful…

3 footballers dying of heart attacks this week, plus others in recent months having heart attacks.

What the fucks going on? Or is it as above and it's just we have more access to more information and it looks like it's becoming a trend?

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
A phrase I’ve often repeated, quite often to myself, when something I’ve no idea of occurs.
Basically, it means you need a helluva lot more information before forming a credible opinion.
(Yes, I’m aware the dictionary definition of “opinion” states that you don’t need to know anything or have factual information to have an opinion, therefore note that I’ve added “credible” and, even then, there’d be doubts.)
For example, is this happening in other athletic fields like Rugby, American Football, Aussie Rules Football, Gaelic Football, Hurling, Shinty, Tennis, Squash or running?
Why just Association football?
There is just so much more information needed before we blame anything like Vaccinations or even just competitive pressure.

Perhaps purely coincidental however a sharp rise in blood clots as cause of death isn't something you read about in the MSM.
Undertakers may however be more willing to shed some light on the stats!

Covid vaccine and professional footballers are dropping like flies. It is happening every week unfortunately. Could it be linked?
Condolences to the families.

I suspect it's a combination of simply having access to more information. Realistically 15-20 years ago you'd hear limited info on the likes of French or Belgian football unless you really knew where to look. Now you can easily access info on much more obscure leagues and nations, so therefore it's only natural that everyone's scope for this is wider.

There have also been a few high profile deaths or incidents on the pitch recently, so I suspect everyone's radar is a bit more attuned to incidents like these. In addition, I think that social media has led to a growing trend for people to express sympathy/shock in events like this. It's pretty common to see an article like this shared around even from just someone commenting "RIP". It's not a bad thing that people do this, it just leads to more sharing and more exposure of the story.

I do also wonder if there is an element of professional footballers, even at a lower level, putting their bodies through so much strain to maintain the physique and fitness now required to play at that level. Players are now athletes 24/7, playing way more matches and whilst it maintains their fitness, you can't help but wonder if some folks bodies simply aren't cut out for it.

Myocarditis.

The problem is, and I only found this out due to my father in law who is a doctor, Myocarditis is also a symptom post-covid.

So you get the jab and your risk increases, you don’t get the jab and your risk increases. That pretty much explains why we’ve seen huge increases in athletes falling ill.

The Chinese have well and truly fucked us.

Such a shame!

Our young lad that we signed from B’mth was noted as having heart problems - Ofoborh.

I don’t know why we are seeing more heart problems in players now when you would assume the fitness levels, diets and lifestyles of the players are so much better than what they would have been of the past.

The problem is, and I only found this out due to my father in law who is a doctor, Myocarditis is also a symptom post-covid.

So you get the jab and your risk increases, you don’t get the jab and your risk increases. That pretty much explains why we’ve seen huge increases in athletes falling ill.

The Chinese have well and truly fucked us.
My exact sentiments too. It's unbelievable that the world has not held them accountable. They need to pay for their malfesence.

Are a lot of these heart defects undetectable then?

i remember 10-15 years back with the death of Marc-Vivien Foe and the collapse of Fabrice Muamba, we were told that all players were going to get regular checks, but we're still seeing players having heart attacks etc.

I appreciate it could be a cost thing, but surely a club like Inter, for example, would be able to afford to have their players checked, ie Eriksen?

It's a worrying trend, if it is in some way related to covid this could get alot worse. Year's ago we never imagined heading a football would cause brain disorders but the evidence seems to be playing out that way.

I attended a match back in 1990 between York & Lincoln City when the York player David Longhurst collapsed and died. The game got abandoned at half time. Horrible experience.

It could be down to Covid infections.
. We just don't know.

It does seem to be happening a lot
Myocarditis ( inflamation of heart tissue) appears to be a possible side affect to the vaccine, especially in younger people, there does seem to have been an unusually high number of football players collapsing and/or leaving the field of play with breathing issues. I've had what I can only describe as heart flutters since being vaccinated which I had never experienced before.

Myocarditis ( inflamation of heart tissue) appears to be a possible side affect to the vaccine, especially in younger people, there does seem to have been an unusually high number of football players collapsing and/or leaving the field of play with breathing issues. I've had what I can only describe as heart flutters since being vaccinated which I had never experienced before.
Have you got that checked out?

So sad to hear of these young guys passing.

This stuff is happening far too often these days. I thought medical advances would’ve reduced prevalence of this. If vaccines are to blame? Jeez that doesn’t even bear thinking about.

Theres been a report posted a few times in the covid conspiracy thread in the lounge, which shows that this isn't actually happening more than normal. It was conducted by Fifa, before covid was even a thing, and it these kinds of incidents were happening with similar frequency pre covid.

Football is the most popular sport in the world. It's clearly going to have more incidents like this than other sports due to the sheer volume of professional players.

There is also virtually zero drug testing, players at top level will be taking all sorts of performance enhancing supplements.

Back