Algerian player dies on pitch

Theres been a report posted a few times in the covid conspiracy thread in the lounge, which shows that this isn't actually happening more than normal. It was conducted by Fifa, before covid was even a thing, and it these kinds of incidents were happening with similar frequency pre covid.

Football is the most popular sport in the world. It's clearly going to have more incidents like this than other sports due to the sheer volume of professional players.

There is also virtually zero drug testing, players at top level will be taking all sorts of performance enhancing supplements.
Interesting regarding pro player numbers. It didn’t seem to be as much of an issue in times gone by.

I suspect you are close to the mark with supplements. Caffeine gels might seem harmless on the face of it but they can play havoc with your system. If there are more intrusive treatments going on which aid recovery and there’s pressure from the environment that it's an accepted norm, then the prevalence of young guys keeling over isn’t going to fall away.

Interesting regarding pro player numbers. It didn’t seem to be as much of an issue in times gone by.

I suspect you are close to the mark with supplements. Caffeine gels might seem harmless on the face of it but they can play havoc with your system. If there are more intrusive treatments going on which aid recovery and there’s pressure from the environment that it's an accepted norm, then the prevalence of young guys keeling over isn’t going to fall away.

In times gone by you didn't have crackpots scouring the Internet to find and share these stories almost instantly in order to further their conspiracy theories.

The physical demands on footballers compared to even just 20 years ago is ridiculous now.

Look at some of the guys in the 90s who played top flight football. Look at somebody like Matt Le Tissier, or even Hagi Snr for example. They were genius with the ball but just 20 years later they wouldn't get a look in with those physical attributes, what would modern fitness regimes do to guys like that?

Plenty players all round the world who will be super talented footers but their bodies can't cope with the physical demands, and this is just one way of their bodies displaying that.

Myocarditis ( inflamation of heart tissue) appears to be a possible side affect to the vaccine, especially in younger people, there does seem to have been an unusually high number of football players collapsing and/or leaving the field of play with breathing issues. I've had what I can only describe as heart flutters since being vaccinated which I had never experienced before.
Hopefully the 4th booster sorts this out ..

In times gone by you didn't have crackpots scouring the Internet to find and share these stories almost instantly in order to further their conspiracy theories.

The physical demands on footballers compared to even just 20 years ago is ridiculous now.

Look at some of the guys in the 90s who played top flight football. Look at somebody like Matt Le Tissier, or even Hagi Snr for example. They were genius with the ball but just 20 years later they wouldn't get a look in with those physical attributes, what would modern fitness regimes do to guys like that?

Plenty players all round the world who will be super talented footers but their bodies can't cope with the physical demands, and this is just one way of their bodies displaying that.
Its not just football though is it

True with regard to guys like Le Tissier and physical demands with regard to the number of games being played, but you would like to think that clinicians would be able to spot such inherent physical weaknesses though wouldn’t you?

Come to think of it, I guess that they probably do when you consider hearing about guys like Kun Aguero and Daley Blind who obviously played knowing the risks. Doesn’t really detract from the shock of hearing young guys losing their lives over their jobs which are essentially promoted as being a healthy lifestyle.

As for crazies on the internet? You’ll get no arguments from me on that one mate, but rough with the smooth and all that, eh? :)

The problem is, and I only found this out due to my father in law who is a doctor, Myocarditis is also a symptom post-covid.

So you get the jab and your risk increases, you don’t get the jab and your risk increases. That pretty much explains why we’ve seen huge increases in athletes falling ill.

The Chinese have well and truly fucked us.
Yep. My brother has an enlarged heart, and he got myocarditis post covid. He then got it again post Moderna (2nd dose).

Both cases were thankfully manageable and he got over them after around 3 weeks of treatment and rest, but it feels you’re stuck between a rock and a hard place if you’re prone to myocardial events.

Never had covid but have taken both vaccines. My breathing and heart rate have definitely changed while playing seeing these reports are making me think about hanging the boots.

Yep. My brother has an enlarged heart, and he got myocarditis post covid. He then got it again post Moderna (2nd dose).

Both cases were thankfully manageable and he got over them after around 3 weeks of treatment and rest, but it feels you’re stuck between a rock and a hard place if you’re prone to myocardial events.
Having enlarged organs as a result of being an athlete, natural or otherwise, must have myocardial implications. Look at cyclists for instance. Their aerobic and anaerobic capacities would trump most athletes, footballers included. But in the grand scheme, load on the body of footballers by comparison to other physical sports must be pretty severe.

Incidentally, is myocarditis an issue with long distance runners or sprinters? If it is, the underlying support structures of sports science for the respective disciplines might have an impact.

Regardless of the whys and wherefores, reading about people dropping dead - athletes or not - is a sobering thing.

It could be down to Covid infections.
. We just don't know.

It does seem to be happening a lot
I seen someone put that to bed with stats saying that cardiac arrested were actually higher in sport pre covid.

The amount of caffeine and strong over the counter supplements footballers take needs to be looked at because surly that's not healthy

Yes I did actually, their verdict is a lot of s.hite probably funded by Bill Gates or the likes

OK, where is your fact checked data from the opposing side of the debate.

It says that nearly 1/3 of the incidents in the video were proven to be related to something other than vaccines. The others at that point didn't have enough information available to make any determination.

The cardiac group they spoke to said in their 2018 report that more young people in the UK had undiagnosed heart problems than initially thought, and that 12 seemingly fit and healthy young people (under 35) die from cardiac issues every week. Note that this is just the UK, how many is that going to be worldwide? Quite a significant number.

Is their opinion a lot of shite as well?

Its also 6 times more likely to suffer from myocardial issues post covid than it is post vaccine.

Many of the countries these incidents take place have terrible vaccine roll outs.

The initial story in this thread is a guy in Algeria, which has a 12.7% vaccine rate. Are we to assume that they have given the vaccine to a young and healthy footballer rather than their elderly, vulnerable, population just to further this theory? Because he will be getting added to the statistics to further this theory (even though it seems to be from a collision with the keeper)

Waiting for all your research and evidence

Anybody who still reads or gets their facts from the corporate media needs their head read. Whats CNN saying these days?

Clearly you have zero idea about Reuters. One of, if not the, most neutral and unbiased news sources available.

OK, where is your fact checked data from the opposing side of the debate.

It says that nearly 1/3 of the incidents in the video were proven to be related to something other than vaccines. The others at that point didn't have enough information available to make any determination.

The cardiac group they spoke to said in their 2018 report that more young people in the UK had undiagnosed heart problems than initially thought, and that 12 seemingly fit and healthy young people (under 35) die from cardiac issues every week. Note that this is just the UK, how many is that going to be worldwide? Quite a significant number.

Is their opinion a lot of shite as well?

Its also 6 times more likely to suffer from myocardial issues post covid than it is post vaccine.

Many of the countries these incidents take place have terrible vaccine roll outs.

The initial story in this thread is a guy in Algeria, which has a 12.7% vaccine rate. Are we to assume that they have given the vaccine to a young and healthy footballer rather than their elderly, vulnerable, population just to further this theory? Because he will be getting added to the statistics to further this theory (even though it seems to be from a collision with the keeper)

Waiting for all your research and evidence
I've none mate its completely normal all these footballers having heart issues etc on the pitch. We are all just conspiracy theorists

I wonder if today we are pushing our bodies too hard and too far hence a lot of hearts failing? Either way, utterly heart breaking.

I keep seeing anti-vax crackpots trying to claim that it’s down to Covid jabs.
I’m assuming that it’s down to underlying health issues and nothing more. Either way it’s bloody tragic for all concerned.
You can understand why people are linking them though. There are strong links to heart inflammation, especially amongst young men and boys linked to certain Covid jabs. Whether they are linked to the increased spate of sportsmen dying is related to that isn’t clear.
I’m double jabbed but people pointing out pointing out that there is actually a serious side effect of what is a reasonably large scale experimental health drive doesn’t alway make them “anti-vax crackpots”.

Can remember as a boy watching on live TV when entertainer Tommy Cooper collapsed on stage and sitting thinking it was just part of his act, but sadly not the reaction from the audience changed so much with the realisation before the theatre crew could intervene very surreal to be honest.

Had it happen to me about 10 years ago, last few minutes of the game guy I was marking in midfield went to go past me and he just stiffened up and hit the deck, at first I thought it was just a seizure but then realised it was more, we done cpr and unfortunately at that time defibs weren't readily available, ambulance came and he died on his way to hospital. He was early 40s. I've dealt with a lot of death in my job but this hit hard.

This is actually normal.

I've only had the internet since 2003 but apparently this happens all the time.

Was nosing through flashscores to see who actually played on Christmas, and an Algerian match caught my attention as it was abandoned. Unfortunately through tragic circumstances.

MC Saïda football player Sofiane Loukar died on Saturday during his team’s game on the ASM Oran pitch, a game played as part of the 10th day of the second League of football and this, after a few minutes after colliding with his goalkeeper Bendoula in the 26th minute of the first half.
Aged 28, Loukar had yet resumed the game after undergoing first aid on the field, before collapsing on the field in the 35th minute. The player suddenly fell on the field during the match, and medical staff rushed to try to save his life, but he breathed his last.
However during the break, the bad news broke. The player is said to have died of a heart attack on his way to the hospital.

A warning for anyone going searching, there is footage out there (that I didnt click on, but seen the still pictures) of him getting CPR on the pitch, and another of the players crying in the dressing room. What sick fk videos that man.

Was nosing through flashscores to see who actually played on Christmas, and an Algerian match caught my attention as it was abandoned. Unfortunately through tragic circumstances.

MC Saïda football player Sofiane Loukar died on Saturday during his team’s game on the ASM Oran pitch, a game played as part of the 10th day of the second League of football and this, after a few minutes after colliding with his goalkeeper Bendoula in the 26th minute of the first half.
Aged 28, Loukar had yet resumed the game after undergoing first aid on the field, before collapsing on the field in the 35th minute. The player suddenly fell on the field during the match, and medical staff rushed to try to save his life, but he breathed his last.
However during the break, the bad news broke. The player is said to have died of a heart attack on his way to the hospital.

A warning for anyone going searching, there is footage out there (that I didnt click on, but seen the still pictures) of him getting CPR on the pitch, and another of the players crying in the dressing room. What sick fk videos that man

A warning for anyone going searching, there is footage out there (that I didnt click on, but seen the still pictures) of him getting CPR on the pitch, and another of the players crying in the dressing room. What sick fk videos that man.
Sadly the same thing happened to a young Bear playing football in Coleraine the other day. 27 years old with a young family, absolutely tragic.

You can understand why people are linking them though. There are strong links to heart inflammation, especially amongst young men and boys linked to certain Covid jabs. Whether they are linked to the increased spate of sportsmen dying is related to that isn’t clear.
I’m double jabbed but people pointing out pointing out that there is actually a serious side effect of what is a reasonably large scale experimental health drive doesn’t alway make them “anti-vax crackpots”.

Yes it's understandable why they are being linked

However here is an article from early 2020, before covid was a thing, detailing alarming heart related issues in footballers detected over a 20 year period.

Here's another article with a cardiology expert who states they know for a fact that several of the high profile incidents were nothing to do with covid or vaccines, as they have insight into the people involved medical history!

Here's another article with a cardiology expert who states they know for a fact that several of the high profile incidents were nothing to do with covid or vaccines, as they have insight into the people involved medical history!
Aye but Bill Gates an aw that

Vaccine related??

This guy posted an interesting Video on heart risks after vaccine. Bit indecisive though but it's happening far too often now.

Seeing almost every few games I watch now , luckily if I seen it once a year before the vaccines but yeah its Completely normal

Yes I am lol

Every few games? Really?

Do you spend all day watching football?

There has been several high profile incidents in England over recent weeks. Being related to covid or vaccines pretty much ruled out in all cases, as per the Professor in the article

Every few games? Really?

Do you spend all day watching football?

There has been several high profile incidents in England over recent weeks. Being related to covid or vaccines pretty much ruled out in all cases, as per the Professor in the article
No I don't spend all day watching football and never said I did.

Matthew le tissier is right and more should be telling the truth

just a couple of article from medical organisations about the increased risk of heart problems in athletes.

Its not a new phenomena. Perhaps there may be some link to covid and vaccines, however the medical professionals don't seem to think so at this time.

So you arent seeing it happen in every few games you watch then?

As it would need to be pretty coincidental that you just happen to be watching when these players have chest related issues considering they are pretty rare in relation to the number of games of football played everyday worldwide.

Le tissier will know more than any of us about football and hes said its abnormal and needs investigated. He’s getting plenty grief for speaking out maybe thats why more havent.

Back