Algerian player dies on pitch

just a couple of article from medical organisations about the increased risk of heart problems in athletes.

Its not a new phenomena. Perhaps there may be some link to covid and vaccines, however the medical professionals don't seem to think so at this time.
Exactly, athletes die all the time.

just a couple of article from medical organisations about the increased risk of heart problems in athletes.

Its not a new phenomena. Perhaps there may be some link to covid and vaccines, however the medical professionals don't seem to think so at this time.
Sort of good to hear that it’s been a thing for a while. A lot of experts are linking vaccinations to myocarditis as well. I guess it’s just too early just now to determine if there is a solid link. Personally, I wouldn’t be doing any serious excercise in the couple of weeks after getting any jab.

So you arent seeing it happen in every few games you watch then?

As it would need to be pretty coincidental that you just happen to be watching when these players have chest related issues considering they are pretty rare in relation to the number of games of football played everyday worldwide.
Aye mate so rare. I've seen more heart related problems, players cutching chest watching in last year than I have 20 years before that. Ur in denial

Aye mate so rare. I've seen more heart related problems, players cutching chest watching in last year than I have 20 years before that. Ur in denial

I've posted articles from the professor responsible for running the cardiac monitoring program in footballers thats been on the go since 1997 in England.

They have given plenty reasons for the recent heart related issues, and covid vaccines are not mentioned.

Are you just ignoring that person for a laugh or what?

Seeing almost every few games I watch now , luckily if I seen it once a year before the vaccines but yeah its Completely normal

Across the world, how many football players do you think die on the pitch or within one hour of a game in average year (before either covid or the vaccine)?

I've posted articles from the professor responsible for running the cardiac monitoring program in footballers thats been on the go since 1997 in England.

They have given plenty reasons for the recent heart related issues, and covid vaccines are not mentioned.

Are you just ignoring that person for a laugh or what?
Like a said I've seen more players dropping on pitch with chest issues in last year than I have 20 years before that but ok its completely normal

Myocarditis ( inflamation of heart tissue) appears to be a possible side affect to the vaccine, especially in younger people, there does seem to have been an unusually high number of football players collapsing and/or leaving the field of play with breathing issues. I've had what I can only describe as heart flutters since being vaccinated which I had never experienced before.
I get those flutters you're on about, also sometimes it's a bit more of a flutter, at times it's enough to stop me in my tracks for a second, or if I bend down, I'm stuck like that until the chest pain goes away.

Only had since I've had the Pfizer Vacs.

Apparently his first injury was a head injury after colliding with his goalkeeper but was deemed fit to continue, and then he collapsed 9 minutes later.

Maybe points to the fact that head injuries have to be taken far more serious in football ? I've seen it several times this season where players basically get KO'ed due to a collision and then are said to be fine to play on.

I get those flutters you're on about, also sometimes it's a bit more of a flutter, at times it's enough to stop me in my tracks for a second, or if I bend down, I'm stuck like that until the chest pain goes away.

Only had since I've had the Pfizer Vacs.
I'm pretty sure there are more people with similar experiences, I've decided not to get the booster as I feel there are just too many unanswered questions regarding the vaccines, to be honest I find the whole push to get everyone regardless of age/health etc entered into a vaccine program a bit sinister.

Across the world, how many football players do you think die on the pitch or within one hour of a game in average year (before either covid or the vaccine)?

Averages around 8-10 association footballers a year

It has slowly increased by 1 or 2 a year since the 60s, but Im guessing thats maybe to do with reporting of the issue or maybe amount of games(?)

think its 18 so far this year

I have no clue how the 18 died, just that thats the number of association footballers, not all footballers

Apparently his first injury was a head injury after colliding with his goalkeeper but was deemed fit to continue, and then he collapsed 9 minutes later.

Maybe points to the fact that head injuries have to be taken far more serious in football ? I've seen it several times this season where players basically get KO'ed due to a collision and then are said to be fine to play on.

youd think you would see alot more players in proper contact sports dying than in football then, Rugby, American Football etc etc

I'm pretty sure there are more people with similar experiences, I've decided not to get the booster as I feel there are just too many unanswered questions regarding the vaccines, to be honest I find the whole push to get everyone regardless of age/health etc entered into a vaccine program a bit sinister.
The Mrs is the same, heart flutters and her arms intermittently go numb at times, same with her fingers. Few mates have said the same, one went to docs and without checking they said his breast plate is probably running against the sternum.

These heart problems are definitely more common.

We've also both had covid last year though, so maybe could even be complications from that.

Sad to see so many young players affected though.

youd think you would see alot more players in proper contact sports dying than in football then, Rugby, American Football etc etc
Perhaps, but they're built differently or train differently I assume.

Also American football has a massive issue with players dying after retirement due to head injuries sustained while playing.

According to 2017 study on brains of deceased gridiron football players, 99% of tested brains of NFL players, 88% of CFL players, 64% of semi-professional players, 91% of college football players, and 21% of high school football players had various stages of CTE.[5]

Perhaps, but they're built differently or train differently I assume.

Also American football has a massive issue with players dying after retirement due to head injuries sustained while playing.

According to 2017 study on brains of deceased gridiron football players, 99% of tested brains of NFL players, 88% of CFL players, 64% of semi-professional players, 91% of college football players, and 21% of high school football players had various stages of CTE.[5]

they are definitely built different, some are absolute monsters!

(in rugby) training is a mix of contact and high intensity running, mostly done in small sided training games

skill based stuff is probably the least worked on aspect of training.

the head injury stuff is one of the reason Im having second thoughts about returning to playing, I got out with only a few head knocks

Averages around 8-10 association footballers a year

It has slowly increased by 1 or 2 a year since the 60s, but Im guessing thats maybe to do with reporting of the issue or maybe amount of games(?)

think its 18 so far this year

I have no clue how the 18 died, just that thats the number of association footballers, not all footballers

Out of interest, where does the 8-10 association footballers figure come from? The statistics FIFA have produced are across the whole game.

Out of interest, where does the 8-10 association footballers figure come from? The statistics FIFA have produced are across the whole game.

Ive taken that from wiki and a quick look through the numbers, the Algerian guy from the thread has already been added (who the fvck is updating wikipedia on christmas day?)

the 8-10 number was me having a quick glance tbh, average is actually 10 per year from 2011 to 2020

in the last 10 years

2011 - 3
2012 -10
2013 - 11
2014 - 8
2015 - 15
2016 - 13
2017 - 11
2018 - 9
2019 - 10
2020 - 3
2021 - 18

they mention the FIFA sudden death report in the first few paragraphs also

To further understand the scale of the problem, a study, commissioned by FIFA and carried out by Saarland University, named the FIFA Sudden Death Report (FIFA-SDR) was published in 2020.[7] The report recorded worldwide deaths attributed to Sudden cardiac arrest or other unexplained sudden death while playing (or shortly after playing) football between 2014 and 2018. There were 614 cases during the four-year period. In the majority of cases where an autopsy was carried out, the cause of death was Coronary Heart Disease.

Im guessing the above report will have included all football from grassroots up?

Theres been a report posted a few times in the covid conspiracy thread in the lounge, which shows that this isn't actually happening more than normal. It was conducted by Fifa, before covid was even a thing, and it these kinds of incidents were happening with similar frequency pre covid.

Football is the most popular sport in the world. It's clearly going to have more incidents like this than other sports due to the sheer volume of professional players.

There is also virtually zero drug testing, players at top level will be taking all sorts of performance enhancing supplements.
If you think there's a Covid connection, you're probably too stupid to understand that.

Back