Ali McCann for next year?

Yeah looks the beat of the up-and-coming midfielders in the league, so worth a shot to bring in as the (eventual) replacement for Davis/Jack

We need to be looking at the best young players in our league. If we could make a deal to buy him them get him out on loan to a ball playing team for a season or so to build up his first team game time then great. If they want stupid money for him, it’s not going to happen.

I'd take both of them providing we still sign two upgrades in midfield in addition

People might think 4 in is too many but it isn't, we've been really light in midfield all season. You want at least 2 on the bench and we've struggled to have 1 for a big chunk of it

Campbell isn't good enough. Need to be technically good to play in our midfield and physicality is his main strength

Being saying for ages McCann would be a good fit. Has a higher ceiling than the others as he is technically sound

Looks like the type of players who would be developed around better players. As a midfielder if you come in and are beside Davis, Kamara, Jack and listening Gerrard and McCallister and don’t improve you don’t deserve to be playing.

Could be the next Jake Hastie. Exciting times.
No reason not to pick up as many young Scottish players as we can if they are cheap enough. It's low risk.

We have enough projects

We need a real quality established midfielder if not 2
We need some younger talents. Hagi and Patterson are the only u23 players we have playing much at all.

Although we should be looking further afield for the ones that can actually play now. South America and the likes.

I wouldn’t rule him out, get him cheap let him have a pre season and if need be loan him back to st Johnstone for game time, or have Davis mentor him for a season

Not sure he's got enough quality on the ball to play in our midfield.

Running about and tackling seem to be his main attributes.

I’d take him definitely a good prospect seen him play for NI as well and he definitely looks the part at a much higher level. Keeps the ball and gets stuck in harassing opposition players and can pick a pass very much like a young Steve Davis.

Stephen Kelly barely gets a start for Ross County these days and certainly wouldn't get in St Johnstone's midfield mate.

I don't think McCann is at the Davis, Kamara, Jack, Arfield or Aribo level at the moment, but he's a good bit better than Stephen Kelly currently.
I'll bow to your knowledge mate as I wasn't aware Kelly had dropped out the County team, although is he maybe a victim to their relegation dogfight?

Any time I've watched Kelly I've thought there is definitely a player in there as he has natural ability.

McCann never looks out of place in the NI internationals.

We could do a lot worse than get him in over the summer and develop him ourselves over the course of next season with a view to him becoming more of a regular 2022/23.

Bit like the way Scott Wright has been a work in progress this year to step up next season.

Not sure loaning out young players works that well for us when we have the best coaches here.

I'll bow to your knowledge mate as I wasn't aware Kelly had dropped out the County team, although is he maybe a victim to their relegation dogfight?

Any time I've watched Kelly I've thought there is definitely a player in there as he has natural ability.

He does look a player mate, but I don't currently see him at our 1st team level.

County try to play football and really should suit his style of play.

It's disappointing he can't hold down a place there.

We always have signed good players from other SPL teams. This lad seems to be a decent prospect. What we are bad for is missing the chance to buy potential.

This lad may be a £10m player in 3 years. Steven Kelly has done well at County but us significantly behind McCan.

We are trying to improve as a team , not regress back the way.
We still need to sign players with potential. We just can’t go splashing millions.

McCann would be a good project signing. Clearly has ability and an established first team player and international caps. Sign him and let him learn from his hero Steven Davis or loan him out down south. No brainer of a signing this

Back