Ali McCann for next year?

These players would do well in this league,but in terms of our European aspirations we need to improve on what we have, I don't mean wholesale changes but two or three match winners that can turn games for us in Europe. I think that will be the Gaffer's focus as well in terms of kicking on in Europe.

I don't watch any other Scottish football so cant judge him but I'm sure our scouts and Wilson will be aware of him and at 21 if they think he has enough raw potential that they can develop and improve him ala Scott Wright then it wouldn't be a big gamble

I fully expect Gerrard to be looking at a very significant upgrade in quality in a few key positions in the summer. No way is he going to stand still where we are at.

Young McCann is a fine player but as yet he's not that guy. The players who've really stood out v us unfortunately belong to that shower of shite from the Czech Republic. Guys like that Provod and Stanciu are almost certainly out of bounds now given the circumstances but that's the level we should be aiming for now.

Dont see much between him and Greg Docherty.

Hes good at SPl level but not quite Rangers good.

Maybe with development he can become better, look at Wright and Kamara. But I then look at Stewart.

Surprised the scum are not in for him that was how they worked over the last few years by taking all players with potential from the other clubs in the league. Most didn't work for them though.

Dont see much between him and Greg Docherty.

Hes good at SPl level but not quite Rangers good.

Maybe with development he can become better, look at Wright and Kamara. But I then look at Stewart.
Stewart was 29 when we signed him to be fair mate, opposite end of the spectrum.

We wouldn’t be having a debate on this if he wasn’t from Northern Ireland.

He’s a better than average SPL player. That’s not good enough for Rangers. It probably was a couple of years ago.

Improve the squad by improving your first team. He’s not a first team player

We need better than him to take us to the next level, which is the champions league. We need a couple of first team ready midfielders, that will cost a decent amount of money, I don’t imagine we will be looking to his level the now. He needs to improve a lot to play for us.

Anytime there are rumours of us signing a player from our league there’s always the “not good enough patter” look at Scott wright now. A FF sweetheart. If the club go for McCann I would he happy as he clearly has potential
If his name was Alibaba Macandinho there would be riots if we weren't interested!

Anytime there are rumours of us signing a player from our league there’s always the “not good enough patter” look at Scott wright now. A FF sweetheart. If the club go for McCann I would he happy as he clearly has potential

Not good enough if they’re Scottish and it’s only being discussed cause he plays for NI if he happens to play for NI.

Thinking back to Davie Cooper, Bomber, Ian Ferguson, Andy Goram, Neil McCann, Glenn Kamara and so many more we’ve done quite well signing players in Scotland over the years but you’d never know any time the idea is raised on here!

Ali McCann is going to be a top player.

Loads of people in here weren’t keen on Ryan jack for many of the same reasons and that turned out all right

If he is to be signed then it should be purely on his merit asa player - signing players and employing staff based purely on the team they support is partly why C*ltic are in such a mess.

In terms of SPL level signings then he looks a decent prospect. I think SPL wise you just need to look at Wright.

Showed glimpses at Aberdoom few injuries and in and out the team, he comes here and for me in the games he has played he has looked very handy, we have already raised his level.

Kamara, although he is at the top end of the scale similar trajectory.

So is he McCann or McCant?

International player who looks respectable at that level, part of a cup winning squad that has punched above it's level in the league.

I don't think he is a Hastie, not quite a Kamara. But definitely a player in there worth a close look at.

Rangers raises players levels if they have it in them to go up, we always have and always will.

This lad will be a quality player in a couple of years, would be a good signing in my opinion.

If we can get him for a decent fee we can loan him back to St Johnstone for another season with Middleton aswell.

McCann looks a good prospect to me. Signing the best young players from the Scottish league has been a good strategy for us over the years. Not all will work out, but if the fee is OK then it's worth a chance.

Not sure about McCann but I would take Jet from Livi great big player and like Kamara schooled at Arsenal.

He is only 21 so plenty of time for improvement under a good coach.
I'm sure Steve Davis, who sees him at International gatherings will keep the Gaffer briefed.

Not sure about McCann but I would take Jet from Livi great big player and like Kamara schooled at Arsenal.

atT4xDW.gif

Scratches chin in interest...

Outstanding tonight. Workrate wise there's few better in the league. The question is would he offer enough creatively?

This. Hastie was the last straw. It has to be an exceptional SPFL player to get us to buy now. Quality quality quality from now on.
Where you getting the money from? Get realistic. We are still needing loans to get through the season. Need quality but also need it at a price we can afford. Sometimes we will punt on potential. Lad showed tonight he has potential.

Runs about a lot, which he is good at.

Wouldn't get away with the kicking and diving playing for Rangers.

Nor is he good enough enough on the ball.

I think the only way we get through the Champions League qualifiers next season is with a midfield 3 of Lewis Ferguson, Allan Campbell and Ali McCann.
Finding better quality midfielders than we already have is going to be difficult.
But we do need to beef up the numbers available to the midfield.
I will leave that to Steven Gerrard and the staff at Ibrox.

Heard a lot of people saying we should look at him, but honestly never really agreed until tonight. Thought he played well and should be a consideration

Should have been booked earlier tonight. He had a good game against our pedestrian midfielders.

We should be aiming far higher.

Where you getting the money from? Get realistic. We are still needing loans to get through the season. Need quality but also need it at a price we can afford. Sometimes we will punt on potential. Lad showed tonight he has potential.
Apart from Zungu, which players have we got on loan that we've relied on to get us through this season? Caveat that with the fact we've not even relied on Zungu to get us through anything.

Thought he played very well tonight, lots of energy and not afraid to get stuck in, gave Davis & Kamara a tough night.
Perhaps there's a deal to be done involving Middleton.. his value is only going to rise, especially being a regular for N.Ireland already and he suits our current model of buying young potential.

Apart from Zungu, which players have we got on loan that we've relied on to get us through this season? Caveat that with the fact we've not even relied on Zungu to get us through anything.
He meant financially, we aren’t flush with cash and are living off directors loans so we can’t afford to spend ££££ on proven players.

I wasn't overly impressed with him tonight, and he should have been sent off. Maybe others have watched him on a more regular basis and better to judge but doesn't appear to be someone who would improve us.

Jack improved dramatically under our coaches . I think there is potential there to improve. We could do some for of deal with Middleton as part of it. We will still need more midfield players as Zunga will be off Jack injury prone and Davis and Arfield being older and possibly we will get a bid for Kamara.

Back