Ali McCann for next year?

If the price is right I'm all for it because he's clearly a good young player with a lot of potential but I'm not sure it would be the best move for either party right now. We probably need to go up a level in quality in preparation for the CL (or even to go further in the Europa) and I don't think he would represent that. Beyond that, while he might be a good rotation option with a view to developing him into a starting-calibre player, I'm not sure he'd fancy being something of a bit-part player when he will likely have offers to go down south and start every game. I'm also not sure we're in a position yet, especially in the post-covid world and the financial challenges that represents, to be going and spending 7 figures on someone who won't contribute at the level we need immediately and is one for the future. I might be being pessimistic in that regard, but I'm just not sure it would be a move that would make sense for both of us at this juncture.

He is comfortably good enough to be someone we should be considering IMO, but don't see it as a move best suited for either Rangers or Ali McCann this coming summer.

We still need to sign players with potential. We just can’t go splashing millions.

McCann would be a good project signing. Clearly has ability and an established first team player and international caps. Sign him and let him learn from his hero Steven Davis or loan him out down south. No brainer of a signing this
Yup.

I think he may have potential to be a good player. What he does have is a strong drive something in my opinion that we are missing at times.

It’s not all about silky football. Sometimes it’s needed to just get stuck in.

I still haven’t decided if he is for us but he could bring a different quality to the team.

Anytime there are rumours of us signing a player from our league there’s always the “not good enough patter” look at Scott wright now. A FF sweetheart. If the club go for McCann I would he happy as he clearly has potential

He also plays in a position where we are going to have to address in the near future. Davis has had a fine season. Hopefully he does as well next season, but we shouldn't take for granted at his age that he can play as often as he has. Arfield isn't a player that will be available for a full season, and the nature of chronic injuries is such that Jack isn't going to be either. Signing a good young player who has become a regular for his club, broke into his international side and won (at least) a cup medal this season doesn't sound like the terrible idea some in the thread think it is.

Apart from Zungu, which players have we got on loan that we've relied on to get us through this season? Caveat that with the fact we've not even relied on Zungu to get us through anything.
FFS. We require our directors to loan the club money to pay the bills. We are losing money every week. Over a million pound a month last year. they have been good enough to convert these loans into shares, meaning we have no debt. However that cannot go on forever we need to become profitable.

Not rocket science. We need to buy players with potential and improve them, just like we did with Kent, Jack, Morelos, Kamara, etc.

We have to assume players can be coached to improve and will improve playing with better players. The lad played very well both games against us. If he improves as Jack did we would have a decent player.

He also plays in a position where we are going to have to address in the near future. Davis has had a fine season. Hopefully he does as well next season, but we shouldn't take for granted at his age that he can play as often as he has. Arfield isn't a player that will be available for a full season, and the nature of chronic injuries is such that Jack isn't going to be either. Signing a good young player who has become a regular for his club, broke into his international side and won (at least) a cup medal this season doesn't sound like the terrible idea some in the thread think it is.
Exactly, Davis pulls a hamstring or strains ligaments he would find it hard to come back and be as assured as he is. He is a tremendous athlete and a great player but age catches up with everyone eventually.

He's a decent player but we need players for the here and now not someone who'll be ready in 2 seasons time may as well try and develop Kelly on another loan to see if he can kick on again. We need two midfielders who go right into the team next season and there none in Scotland who do that at the moment

He's a much brighter prospect than Ferguson.

Is he good enough for us? Time will tell. I suspect St Johnstone will already be looking for silly money for him though.

Not sure, but it's a wonderful situation to be in where we can genuinely believe that it's highly likely Ross Wilson's team already have huge amounts of analysis data on him.

FFS. We require our directors to loan the club money to pay the bills. We are losing money every week. Over a million pound a month last year. they have been good enough to convert these loans into shares, meaning we have no debt. However that cannot go on forever we need to become profitable.

Not rocket science. We need to buy players with potential and improve them, just like we did with Kent, Jack, Morelos, Kamara, etc.

We have to assume players can be coached to improve and will improve playing with better players. The lad played very well both games against us. If he improves as Jack did we would have a decent player.
I misunderstood your post. I thought you were talking about player loans, rather than financial ones.

I've not seen him enough to comment with any confidence really. He's looked ok against us with plenty of energy, reads the game quite well defensively and keeps it simple with passing. I've no idea what he's like when his team have 65% possession and there's more demands with the ball.

I fully expect Gerrard to be looking at a very significant upgrade in quality in a few key positions in the summer. No way is he going to stand still where we are at.

Young McCann is a fine player but as yet he's not that guy. The players who've really stood out v us unfortunately belong to that shower of shite from the Czech Republic. Guys like that Provod and Stanciu are almost certainly out of bounds now given the circumstances but that's the level we should be aiming for now.

Dinamo Zagreb have both Majer & Ivanusec in midfield, both very young.

They have done similar to Slavia. Majer looks as if he could be a young Steven Davis, while Ivanusec will get more goals.

Worth looking at IMO.

Watched his last 2 games, other than wee niggly tackles I really dont see how he would enhance our squad in the slightest.

Back