Alkass U17 Cup - Rangers Youth Win the Cup

As prestigious as they come at this level. Doubt you'll get many other tournaments competing when it comes to media coverage & facilities they had as well. Real Madrid, Bayern, Roma & Spartak all in it this year.

First British club to win it. Man United, City, Tottenham, Arsenal & Celtic all been in it previous years.

Great information Baku ;)

Need to give a mention to the programming. Brilliant of them to bring the team into the studio. I have no idea who the guys were in the studio, but very complimentary of The Club, the youth set-up and all aspects. Seemed to be having a great time watching The Gers win this.

This raised profile is absolutely part of the benefits of having an English footballing legend as our manager.

Loved the youngsters ending with "Glasgow Rangers Champions........", though I did notice a couple not singing. (tim alert) :D

How prestigious is this tournament at -17 elite level ?

Just check out the teams that have been invited not only this year but in the past.

Rangers the first British Club to win the tournament.

The fact that under 17s is a level we don't have in Scotland (I think) with this team made up mainly with under 16s and a few under 15s.

The youngsters were brilliant throughout the tournament. Massive credit to them and the coaching staff. Some really skillful players amongst the group. Really hope we see many of them progressing to the first team a few years down the line.

As a random aside, I have met tonight's referee on a couple of occasions. She took charge of a couple of friendly matches that I helped to organise in Pyongyang about ten years ago. Thought she had a decent game today.

Reactions: L_D
As a random aside, I have met tonight's referee on a couple of occasions. She took charge of a couple of friendly matches that I helped to organise in Pyongyang about ten years ago. Thought she had a decent game today.
Blast from the past. Did you also produce the "Pyongyang chosun few" polo shirts?

I only caught the last 10 minutes and the penalties, but my nerves were shot. Really proud of the youngsters, they showed some bottle against a team who looked so much more physically developed. What an experience for the kids and one that can only fuel their desire for future success.
First British club to win this tournament, cap doffed to the coaching staff for the way they have the kids playing.
I'm not going to get carried away just yet, I think it'll be 3 or 4 years before these players bring us the Champions League.

Congratulations young team
A superb performance - you've done us all proud
A massive thank you to each & every player, coaching & backroom staff - well done

Once a Ranger - always a Ranger - here's wishing you all a very successful future

So proud of the young boys, got so many great young talented players for our future. Coombes especially. You can see how confident the young boys are and they're well composed. Playing against teams like this and winning only lifts their confidence and to be the FIRST British team to win it, and was it their first time entering the competition? Just marvellous!

Had a wee laugh when they mentioned other British teams who had taken part previously and included the filth. Sniggers in the studio at that with a throwaway comment from Mark Hateley off camera/mic.

That was brilliant watching that earlier.
Took a skive from work to watch the last 10 mins that turned into quite a long break :)

Was nervous as feck watching the pens to the point i was turning the sound down when we were taking ours in sudden death as i didn't want to hear them cheering if we missed :) :) :)

Well done boys

Hugely impressed by this.
Watched it with my son-in-law a Bristol City supporter.
He was wowed by our young lads...very impressed.

The guys in the studio were very complimentary.
Amazing that you have to get out of Scotland before you hear something nice said about the club.

Well done to these young Rangers players.
They were impressive, professional and determined.
Winners all.

Thoroughly enjoyed watching the young Rangers team in this tournament. Everybody involved did Rangers proud. You have met the standards required to represent the Rangers. Another 1st for the World's most successful team!:))

Back