Andre Gray

If we're wanting a Premiership striker, that's what we should be doing.

Bags of talent from around the world go to the Prem after tearing it up in their leagues and don't get enough opportunities in the PL.

Currently there is:
Mbwana Samatta
Florin Andone
Jurgen Locadia
Sandro Ramiez
Yoshinori Muto
Albian Ajeti
Rafa Mir
Leo Bonatini
Patrick Cutrone
Moise Kean
Islam Slimani
Luis Suarez
Cucho Hernandez
Isaac Success

All completely out of favour, all have bags of talent, majority still young. Some maybe out our reach, but some very good options that are available. Andre Gray on more wages than 80% of them and less ability than about 80% too.
An interesting list. Realistically Possible?

Mbwana Samatta - Villa use him a lot. NO
Florin Andone - badly injured sadly. YES
Jurgen Locadia - on loan in US till Jan. NO
Sandro Ramiez - could work. In Spain last I saw. YES
Yoshinori Muto - who? NO
Albian Ajeti - going to Celtic. NO
Rafa Mir - plyer. Small but talented. YES
Leo Bonatini - fine player - YES
Patrick Cutrone - excellent finisher, bad choice to go to Wolves, will be starring back in Serie A - NO
Moise Kean - I don't rate him, but thats just personal opinion. Unlikely unless a swap with Morelos. NO
Islam Slimani - YES
Luis Suarez - YES
Cucho Hernandez - don't know much about him but got a cool name. - YES
Isaac Success - YES

Gray's record in the championship and premiership is far superior to Vydra.

Yet a lot of people seem to think that he is a good option and Gray isn't?

Similar ages as well.

It was 8 years ago and has apologised loads for it.
I’m sure a gay Rangers fan would forgive him if he fired us to league title

Well not for me to say how a gay supporter would feel. I wasn't personally affected by his comments, just stating my opinion - the club would face a lot of backlash if we signed this guy & there would rightfully be questions asked of how it fits in with the everyone anyone campaign.

If they're prepared to face that & think they can handle it then fair enough sign him. I'm not personally set against the signing, just questioning how it fits in with our policy and wondering what it means for the campaign we've been making a lot of noise about.

Last edited:
Whether we sign Gray on loan or something similar, it would be a sensible move. Gives us cover regardless of how prolonged the Morelos situation is.

The guy went for 18 million and FF have him as a complete dud
Aye because the quality of a player is dictated by transfer fee, and there have never been any examples of over priced shite in the market, ever.

Solanke went to Bournemouth for approximately £20 million having scored 0 goals for Chelsea with 0 appearances, 7 goals in 25 for vitesse, before banging in an almighty 1 goal in 21 appearances for Liverpool.

On recent form, Andre Gray at 29 years old is absolutely not what is required and after struggling badly with injuries the jury is out on whether he has anything left in the tank given that his biggest attribute was pace which is now absolutely non-existent.

I think we'd be a bit mad to turn our noses up at Gray, especially on loan. His recent record for Watford isn't great but he is playing in one of the strongest leagues in Europe.

As someone pointed out, he's been more prolific than Vydra over his career.

Would definitely prefer Roofe though if given the option.

The guy went for 18 million and FF have him as a complete dud
Oliver Burke went for £12m twice and he's minging tbf. Can't judge anything on transfer fees.

Gray would be a fantastic signing if we could get him up here on any kind of deal though. Not so sure it's affordable however.

Well not for me to say how a gay supporter would feel. I wasn't personally affected by his comments, just stating my opinion - the club would face a lot of backlash if we signed this guy & there would rightfully be questions asked of how it fits in with the everyone anyone campaign.

If they're prepared to face that & think they can handle it then fair enough sign him. I'm not personally set against the signing, just questioning how it fits in with our policy and wondering what it means for the campaign we've been making a lot of noise about.

Can he play.
Can he score goals.
Will he improve the side.
Is he fit.
Will he pass a medical.
Whats his attitude like.

Did he tweet something offensive like 10 years ago?

Get a grip.

Your over reacting tbh

Can he play.
Can he score goals.
Will he improve the side.
Is he fit.
Will he pass a medical.
Whats his attitude like.

Did he tweet something offensive like 10 years ago?

Get a grip.

Tweets like those directly call into question his attitude even if they're old. Only a complete idiot would write something like that. We can only hope he has matured greatly and learned since then if we do sign him.

Just think it makes an absolute mockery of the everyone anyone campaign. I can't imagine how a gay Rangers supporter would feel if we signed someone who once said he wanted gays to burn & die - and btw, disgusting comments like that go beyond just a daft wee mistake.

If the club want supporters to take the everyone anyone campaign seriously they have to as well. IMO it loses all credibility if we sign this guy and give him £20+k a week. Not for me to say what's right and wrong, but they'd get absolutely laughed at/slaughtered for it.
Well I am a gay rangers fan and have been reading this thread on the guy Gray being a possible signing, wasn't personally going to post anything because I think he's a bang average footballer and for what his wage demands etc will be I'm positive we will get better elsewhere, however whatever he's said or done in the past is exactly where it should stay and if the gaffer feels he is a suitable replacement for Alfie then that's good enough for me.

An interesting list. Realistically Possible?

Mbwana Samatta - Villa use him a lot. NO
Florin Andone - badly injured sadly. YES
Jurgen Locadia - on loan in US till Jan. NO
Sandro Ramiez - could work. In Spain last I saw. YES
Yoshinori Muto - who? NO
Albian Ajeti - going to Celtic. NO
Rafa Mir - plyer. Small but talented. YES
Leo Bonatini - fine player - YES
Patrick Cutrone - excellent finisher, bad choice to go to Wolves, will be starring back in Serie A - NO
Moise Kean - I don't rate him, but thats just personal opinion. Unlikely unless a swap with Morelos. NO
Islam Slimani - YES
Luis Suarez - YES
Cucho Hernandez - don't know much about him but got a cool name. - YES
Isaac Success - YES
Isaac success is worse than Andre Gray and puts in less effort, big no for me.

Tweets like those directly call into question his attitude even if they're old. Only a complete idiot would write something like that. We can only hope he has matured greatly and learned since then if we do sign him.

Like you have already said who are you to judge on others behalf. Such rage and seems to me like you are and are taking offense for someone else. If you want society to move forward then people need to be allowed to change, otherwise whats the point. Why don't you just call the daily record and get in the wee timmy phone in column about how upset you are?

Like you have already said who are you to judge on others behalf. Such rage and seems to me like you are and are taking offense for someone else. If you want society to move forward then people need to be allowed to change, otherwise whats the point. Why don't you just call the daily record and get in the wee timmy phone in column about how upset you are?

I'm not upset or raging & I never said he couldn't change. Just stating my opinion that I think the club will be called into question a bit over it will have to deal with a lot of backlash especially by the media and supporters of other clubs.

I personally don't think we should sign him but if we do I'll give him a chance like any other player we sign.

What standard of player are people that don't want either expecting?
There is a world of them. I listed a lot that are out of favour at English clubs (if we're wanting UK based players) and most within reach.

Has anyone else backed this “loan offer” up or are we all jumping on the ITK bandwagon.

Would absolutely take him on a loan deal with the option to buy, and for the people mentioning Shankland I honestly think he can be Rangers material.

It was 8 years ago and has apologised loads for it.
I’m sure a gay Rangers fan would forgive him if he fired us to league title
Pretty wild to be tweeting that as a 21 year old to be fair. Had he been early teens id understand more.

Just think it makes an absolute mockery of the everyone anyone campaign. I can't imagine how a gay Rangers supporter would feel if we signed someone who once said he wanted gays to burn & die - and btw, disgusting comments like that go beyond just a daft wee mistake.

If the club want supporters to take the everyone anyone campaign seriously they have to as well. IMO it loses all credibility if we sign this guy and give him £20+k a week. Not for me to say what's right and wrong, but they'd get absolutely laughed at/slaughtered for it.

I take it you don’t go to games?

also does no one deserve second chances?

As in Maja, Roofe and Gray? Then answer is yes, I know they are not good enough. I would take Roofe and Gray as squad players but certainly not for the money they would command, and certainly not as the answer to replace Alfredo.

It would be like going out with Liz Hurley then getting dumped and going out with Susan Boyle.

Roofe as a squad player?

You not seen much of him im gona guess?

Roofe is a cracking player and if we can get him over here he will 100% start if fit.

That said id prefer him in one of the wide striking roles with hagi playing as a 10 and another striker brought in as a 9.

Morelos central with kent and roofe wide and hagi as a 10 against 95% of teams in scotland would by dynamite and would give us a proper chance of wrestling this league from the mentally challenged.

Back