Andy Cole...Paul Elliott

Gogso

The only newspaper I purchase these days is the Sunday Times, in part for the sport coverage albeit their Scottish football guy, Douglas Alexander disappoints. His coverage during the period March, April & May was woeful and in the main consisted of printing the pish that Dungcaster spouted. No challenges or investigation.

In this weeks edition a large spread on Andy Cole with extracts from his book. The main article is focused on his kidney issues but another telling story relates to his transfer from Bristol City for £1.75m to Newcastle in 1993.
As would likely have been the norm at the time the clubs agreed a fee and left it to the player to sort out his own details.
He takes a call from Kevin Keggan (who calls him Adrian) inviting him up to Newcastle for talks. Andy puts off traveling a day until he gets his washing done!
While at home doing his chores he gets another call but from Paul Elliott congratulating him on his move and offering to put him in touch with an agent, Steve Waggott. Andy had never met or spoken to Elliott before and had never had used an agent but thought Elliott has been around, been transferred before so took his advice.
Waggott attends the meeting with him in Newcastle and according to Andy the deal sails through seamlessly and he's due a £30k signing on fee, a fortune to him at the time.
Then Waggott pipes up that the £30k is his for his role in the negotiations. Andy is of course gutted. The negotiations had been easy and he felt robbed.
He never heard from Waggott or Elliott again until about 20 years later he was at a dinner for Cyrille Regis (his hero) when Elliott bounds over 'Hi Coley!'. Elliott then realised Andy is still furious and big Cyrille is holding him back. Elliott says 'Come on Coley, its not as though I saw any of that £30k'.

Opinions have been expressed on FF before about Elliott. I may suggest that Elliott confirms some opinions in his shameful dealings with a young man making his way. I'd be shocked if Elliott tried to claim Andy was being less than accurate in recounting his story.

See 67 for an update on Waggott.

Last edited:
The only newspaper I purchase these days is the Sunday Times, in part for the sport coverage albeit their Scottish football guy, Douglas Alexander disappoints. His coverage during the period March, April & May was woeful and in the main consisted of printing the pish that Dungcaster spouted. No challenges or investigation.

In this weeks edition a large spread on Andy Cole with extracts from his book. The main article is focused on his kidney issues but another telling story relates to his transfer from Bristol City for £1.75m to Newcastle in 1993.
As would likely have been the norm at the time the clubs agreed a fee and left it to the player to sort out his own details.
He takes a call from Kevin Keggan (who calls him Adrian) inviting him up to Newcastle for talks. Andy puts off traveling a day until he gets his washing done!
While at home doing his chores he gets another call but from Paul Elliott congratulating him on his move and offering to put him in touch with an agent, Steve Waggott. Andy had never met or spoken to Elliott before and had never had used an agent but thought Elliott has been around, been transferred before so took his advice.
Waggott attends the meeting with him in Newcastle and according to Andy the deal sails through seamlessly and he's due a £30k signing on fee, a fortune to him at the time.
Then Waggott pipes up that the £30k is his for his role in the negotiations. Andy is of course gutted. The negotiations had been easy and he felt robbed.
He never heard from Waggott or Elliott again until about 20 years later he was at a dinner for Cyrille Regis (his hero) when Elliott bounds over 'Hi Coley!'. Elliott then released Andy is still furious and big Cyrille is holding him back. Elliott says 'Come on Coley, its not as though I saw any of that £30k'.

Opinions have been expressed on FF before about Elliott. I may suggest that Elliott confirms some opinions in his shameful dealings with young man making his way. I'd be shocked if Elliott tried to claim Andy was being less than accurate in recounting his story.
Elliot will no doubt recall clearly the time where he helped Andy overcome systemic racism and secure his £500m move to Liverpool. Its not as if he just makes stuff up.

Were there no Rangers supporters outside St James Park throwing bananas? If Elliott doesn't say there were, then he is obviously telling porkies.

Filthy rat liar and as much as he will love it to be the case, my opinion of him isn't due to him being an ex filth player or for being black. It's purely because he is a proven filthy rat liar. Would like a nice media tit for tat to bury Elliot and his disgraceful behaviour further

It's inconceivable to think that Elliott`s Jackanory behavior is not well known in the football fraternity and the newspaper/media industry. And despite this, he still appears on TV and in the rags as the go-to guy for an opinion of racism in football. I feel if he was challenged by any type of reporter the very first card he would play is the race card. And this is probably why he is allowed to continue spouting utter p1sh.

It's inconceivable to think that Elliott`s Jackanory behavior is not well known in the football fraternity and the newspaper/media industry. And despite this, he still appears on TV and in the rags as the go-to guy for an opinion of racism in football. I feel if he was challenged by any type of reporter the very first card he would play is the race card. And this is probably why he is allowed to continue spouting utter p1sh.
It would require a black reporter to pull him up on his lies.

What did the crackpot claim again? That we'd racially abused him?
He made his debut for Celtc against us. He had bananas thrown at him and he stopped, bent down to pick one up. Ate it then ran off.

He scored the equaliser in a 2-2.

The only aspect being true was that he played for them.

Last edited:
Maybe things that i don't know but i quite like Dion Dublin.

Maybe things that i don't know but i quite like Dion Dublin.

on football focus 2/3 weeks ago talking about the old firm game experience . He stated that he played twice in the fixture (once coming on as a sub ) that whilst walking past the Rangers support at Ibrox he was subjected to all sorts of abuse and coins and other missiles thrown at Him from the stands , including cups of pish.....absolute lies . Even if it were remotely true why would he be walking past any Rangers supporters ? furthermore I'm sure our media would still to this day telling us about it.......

The guy is a prized cûnt. Anyone who fabricates stories of racism is.

Should face the same charges as those sho do dish it out imo.
He made his debut for Celtc against us. He had bananas thrown at him and he stopped, bent down to pick one up. Ate it the ran off.

He scored the equaliser in a 2-2.

The only aspect being true was that he played for them.

Did we even have a 2-2 draw with them, during his time at Celtic?

I can remember two goals he scored. Skol Cup Final and the '92 New Year Game. We won both although he did score their equaliser in the New Year game. Given it was after the Cup Final it definitely wasnt his debut.

The shameful thing is, it takes a few of us 30 seconds to point out his lies yet, football journos who have been in the profession for decades cant or wont do the same. Absolute joke.

Rangers fans racially abused him during a game he never played in I'm sure

There was also some fabrication about him (Elliott, a centre-half) taking a corner kick or something like that. My recollection is sketchy (just like Paul's), but someone like Sir Dunc should be able to clarify.

Another who accused us of racism
on football focus 2/3 weeks ago talking about the old firm game experience . He stated that he played twice in the fixture (once coming on as a sub ) that whilst walking past the Rangers support at Ibrox he was subjected to all sorts of abuse and coins and other missiles thrown at Him from the stands , including cups of pish.....absolute lies . Even if it were remotely true why would he be walking past any Rangers supporters ? furthermore I'm sure our media would still to this day telling us about it.......
Thanks lads,didn't know that.

He is a high heid yin in one of the racism organisations

So it turns out after all that the lady's front bottom was perfect to play for the mentally challengeds........
Mmmm I wonder if at the time there was any dodgy dealings around his signing.

Should face the same charges as those sho do dish it out imo.

Did we even have a 2-2 draw with them, during his time at Celtic?

I can remember two goals he scored. Skol Cup Final and the '92 New Year Game. We won both although he did score their equaliser in the New Year game. Given it was after the Cup Final it definitely wasnt his debut.

The shameful thing is, it takes a few of us 30 seconds to point out his lies yet, football journos who have been in the profession for decades cant or wont do the same. Absolute joke.

Add the simple fact that nobody in the Rangers support racially abused him - never mind the bullshit he makes up.

Those who lie about acts of racism do nothing for the real victims.

There was also some fabrication about him (Elliott, a centre-half) taking a corner kick or something like that. My recollection is sketchy (just like Paul's), but someone like Sir Dunc should be able to clarify.
Found the following from a BBC interview transcript.

https://web.archive.org/web/2012062.../projects/SocialCapital/PaulElliottSpeech.pdf

Can't copy and paste as it's a pdf but

Says he was racially abused by 67,000 Rangers fans on his debut despite playing his debut against Motherwell. He then goes onto say Rangers fans showered him with monkey chants and bananas, he even picked 1 up and took a bite.
A story easily corroborated by the other, 21 players, officials, fans, journalists, photographers, TV cameras...shameful he held relative positions of power on racism and equality. Can trust a thief but you can't trust a liar!

He obviously got a cut if he knew how much the signing on fee was.
Liar and a thief
Yes, if he knew this, you suspect he got his share, no one makes a phone call like this without expecting a finders fee usually.
I wonder how many other young footballers out there have a similar story about Elliott?

I am sure that sometimes agents do get a better deal for footballers, but they have driven a huge wedge of disruption into the industry and it often smacks of the very worst elements of the market and capitalist behaviour.
They remain a tumour in the body of what was once the most egalitarian of sports, it is, however, difficult to determine if the tumour is benign or malignant.

Elliott is the sort of cvunt I think Roy Kean refers to when he talks about bullshitters in the game.

FFS what an absolute lying scumbag Dublin is if he's said that.

With the amount of families and women that attend Ibrox, you would be huckled for indecent exposure before you got anywhere near the cup launching stage.

Back