Andy Halliday and Barry Ferguson on Pedro

I like halliday, and he generally comes across quite well on open goal,but he let's himself down talking like that. Say you didn't like him, didn't agree with his management etc fine, but it's embarrassing hearing him talk like that about an ex manager, failure or not.

No one comes out of the Pedro debacle with any credibility. Not the board, Pedro himself, or the players.

Neither Halliday or Ferguson come out that interview with any either. Maybe if the players hadn't been such shitebags Pedro would have did slightly better.

Aye Barry is a proper bear?

Where was he when we were going through all the bad times. Did he attend any protests with the likes of John Brown or Novo? Did he %^*&

Barry was still playing for Blackpool in 2012. I despair at people who think he's not a 'proper Rangers man'

He plays it as down the middle as he can in the media but behind closed doors he's one of us.

As for Pedro it's an absolute scandal he ever wore our colours.

No matter who says what, some on here will always pick faults in Halliday Ferguson or Caixinha. The abuse we give our own is significantly worse than what Halliday says about Pedro

I’ll bite. No bother.

Andy Halliday played a massive part in us getting back to the Premier League and to call him a failure is absolutely scandalous.

Andy Halliday would’ve and still would run through brick walls for our club.

I won’t go into what exactly happened with Andy and Pedro, but the fact that Halliday came through it and earned a place in Gerrard’s squad for a short spell after it, it’s a credit to the guy.

I think you’ll find what Andy said in that interview to be quite respectful of Pedro. It’s a shame he didn’t treat Andy with the same respect.

Edit - And for what it’s worth, I do agree that we shouldn’t be slagging an ex manager off - but equally we shouldn’t be calling ex players failures either.

So again, Halliday gets a by because he’d run through brick walls for the club? Lol

So would 50,000 every second week but it doesn’t make them good enough

Championship he was okay for us

Spl level he was way out of his depth and played his part in some amount of embarrassing hammering from that lot hence the reason why the bheasts sang his name countless times in countless games

Thread full of absolute tits!

Andy and Fergie are proper bears and knew he was at it a mile off! At least we’re getting some insight!

Again, unsurprising a poster from around the Ibrox area making a defence of Halliday.

It’s a common theme on here

“But he’s wan ae us” is usually the defence when anyone criticised his ability.

Aye Barry is a proper bear?

Where was he when we were going through all the bad times. Did he attend any protests with the likes of John Brown or Novo? Did he %^*&

Barry a proper bear

I’d love to know when he last attended a Rangers game in person.

No matter who says what, some on here will always pick faults in Halliday Ferguson or Caixinha. The abuse we give our own is significantly worse than what Halliday says about Pedro

We’re not ex players and ex captains of the club, slagging a former manager on a live video ran by an ex mentally challenged though, are we?

Then again, Barry has always enjoyed the company of that lot

Reactions: VGM
Surely not? :D

The guy was a complete fraud and that was clear from the outset.
As soon as he stuck Jon Toral at CB I knew the game was over for Pedro.
Absolute disaster.
Rummaging in the bushes...FFS

pedrocaixinha.png

So again, Halliday gets a by because he’d run through brick walls for the club? Lol

So would 50,000 every second week but it doesn’t make them good enough

Championship he was okay for us

Spl level he was way out of his depth and played his part in some amount of embarrassing hammering from that lot hence the reason why the bheasts sang his name countless times in countless games
You think that was all down to Halliday?

The 5-0 hammering we had Martin and McCrorie at centre half. Dorrans and Holt in midfield and Cummings leading the line.

The 5-1 hammering when Halliday came off the bench to replace Kranjcar at half-time. That day we had Senderos and Kiernan at centre half. Barton in midfield and Garner leading the line.

You're placing all that at Halliday's feet?

As I said, in the game where Ryan Jack scored the winner, Halliday was immense.

Halliday was also brilliant in quite a few Europa League games under Gerrard.

It's quite ridiculous how quick some Rangers fans are so quick to get stuck into one of our own.

Also, who gives a fck if Celtic fans cheered his name.

Last edited:
It is funny to hear but at the same time, doesn’t sit right with me hearing ex players slaughter an ex manager regardless of his failings

If it was a legend that played under Pedro and had a clash fair enough but whilst Pedro failed with us, Halliday wasn’t exactly a sensation for us either.

As I said, funny story but part of me doesn’t feel comfortable watching former players slag off a manager in that manner especially given how dignified Pedro has been since leaving
Andy gets us tho and ran through brick walls for every manager he played under I give him every right to slate Pedro

We’re not ex players and ex captains of the club, slagging a former manager on a live video ran by an ex mentally challenged though, are we?

Then again, Barry has always enjoyed the company of that lot
Wasn’t necessarily picking you out. Your initial post was on the money. It doesn’t sit well with me either slagging ex managers. We can’t criticise people though when Actually we are the worst for it or else it becomes double standards.

There’s a theme on here that means people don’t change there mind and hold grudges. No matter what BF says or does he will get slaughtered on here. Similar with Halliday, every thread turns into this kind of argument.

I never got the personal hatred and never will. He was a horrific appointment but he didn’t fùck it up on purpose and he didn’t appoint himself.

Second paragraph rings true sadly. I think a few are a baw hair away from lighting a candle for Van Dijk too.
I get your point but I think, rightly or wrongly, us not being in the league when Van Djik played for them probably means there isn’t as much dislike towards him on this forum.

Loved Barry the player. He had the ability and the swagger. But as Rangers Manager there are certain standards we’d expect - shooting your mouth off about what was surely a confidential interview at the Club you love for a few laughs is about as desirable as standing in a bush after an embarrassing defeat. Doesn’t diminish his status as a player one bit but think he’d lack the maturity to ever manage the club.

Too busy recording pods with beggars and writing articles about "Lenny"

Did this board exist when he abandoned a CL campaign to play for Blackburn?
Wasn’t Ferguson sold to Blackburn the day after we got put out of the CL? Played the game knowing he was leaving the next day. Said it when he was on Open Goal two weeks ago.

Loved Barry the player. He had the ability and the swagger. But as Rangers Manager there are certain standards we’d expect - shooting your mouth off about what was surely a confidential interview at the Club you love for a few laughs is about as desirable as standing in a bush after an embarrassing defeat. Doesn’t diminish his status as a player one bit but think he’d lack the maturity to ever manage the club.
This is spot on without having a go at others. No one can disagree with this

Wasn’t Ferguson sold to Blackburn the day after we got put out of the CL? Played the game knowing he was leaving the next day. Said it when he was on Open Goal two weeks ago.
Left the day after we beat Copenhagen mate, A) he wanted to try the PL and could see were downsizing B) David Murray at the time was never rejecting £7.5M.

I don’t hold any grudges against him leaving, that money (even though we really only got £3m after he came back) helped the club. Also if he hadn’t tested himself then it would have always been over his head.

Left the day after we beat Copenhagen mate, A) he wanted to try the PL and could see were downsizing B) David Murray at the time was never rejecting £7.5M.

I don’t hold any grudges against him leaving, that money (even though we really only got £3m after he came back) helped the club. Also if he hadn’t tested himself then it would have always been over his head.
That the game Shota scored?

You think that was all down to Halliday?

The 5-0 hammering we had Martin and McCrorie at centre half. Dorrans and Holt in midfield and Cummings leading the line.

The 5-1 hammering when Halliday came off the bench to replace Kranjcar at half-time. That day we had Senderos and Kiernan at centre half. Barton in midfield and Garner leading the line.

You're placing all that at Halliday's feet?

As I said, in the game where Ryan Jack scored the winner, Halliday was immense.

Halliday was also brilliant in quite a few Europa League games under Gerrard.

It's quite ridiculous how quick some Rangers fans are to get stuck into one of our own.

Also, who gives a fck if Celtic fans cheered his name.

Not once have I said all of our hammerings were solely Hallidays fault but he was part of them. It’s really not difficult to understand.

You cherry pick some games yet forget others where he was shocking.

The Hampden game he stupidly got booked after a few minutes and ended up hooked before HT.

Tynecastle hammering under Warburton where he was utterly woeful.

As I said, he couldn’t cut it at spl level and played his part in countless awful results. Some need to take the blue tinted specs off when it comes to Halliday. If it were up to many on this board, he’d still be here because he’d run through a brick wall for us, bleeds blue etc etc

Not once have I said all of our hammerings were solely Hallidays fault but he was part of them. It’s really not difficult to understand.

The Hampden game he stupidly got booked after a few minutes and ended up hooked before HT.

As I said, he couldn’t cut it at spl level and played his part in countless awful results. Some need to take the blue tinted specs off when it comes to Halliday. If it were up to many on this board, he’d still be here because he’d run through a brick wall for us, bleeds blue etc etc

What are you on about mate?

Do you think that there is a fondness for Andy Halliday because people rate him as a true talent in our history?

He’s respected and thought well of because of his attitude and what he was the antithesis of that, at times, played on the same park as him.

Im not sure what your point is tbh. That being there and sticking by your team when the going is tough and there’s a shitshow all around doesn’t matter?

The Greatest Living Ranger doesn’t have that title because he played like Franz Beckenbauer.

You can almost taste the jealousy ripping out of some posters about Barry, it's always the same with local players. These guys lived the dream and we all lived it vicariously through them, woe betide those who fall short of their idea of what a true Bear is.

I've been hearing the Pedro stories that Halliday has told and find them funny and immediately after the sadness floods that we actually went there in the first place.

Such a bonkers appointment.
The money that experiment must have cost would be frightening, it was all in the learning curve to get us to where we are at the moment

You’ve done exactly the same but the opposite way around.

We’ll have to agree to disagree on this one pal, no bother - I respect your opinion.

What are you on about mate?

Do you think that there is a fondness for Andy Halliday because people rate him as a true talent in our history?

He’s respected and thought well of because of his attitude and what he was the antithesis of that, at times, played on the same park as him.

Im not sure what your point is tbh. That being there and sticking by your team when the going is tough and there’s a shitshow all around doesn’t matter?

The Greatest Living Ranger doesn’t have that title because he played like Franz Beckenbauer.

My original point was I find it distasteful hearing a bang average player like Halliday slagging off Pedro, as much of a failure as he was

Others then piled in claiming Halliday was within rights to etc hence why debate has now erupted as IMO Halliday wasn’t exactly a success with us and had very limited ability so I find it rather laughable that he’s having a pop at Pedro for all to see online

My original point was I find it distasteful hearing a bang average player like Halliday slagging off Pedro, as much of a failure as he was

Others then piled in claiming Halliday was within rights to etc hence why debate has now erupted as IMO Halliday wasn’t exactly a success with us and had very limited ability so I find it rather laughable that he’s having a pop at Pedro for all to see online

Fair enough.

I happen to think anyone is within their rights to call another out for ineptitude at the club provided it has foundation regardless of status.
Ultimately, we have the right to know wtf sort of stuff has gone on. IMO of course.

This in spades.

"Nice guy who did his best" "It wasn't his fault he was out his depth". The chancer knew what he was doing from that first interview and didn't care if he ran the club into the ground. It was all about getting his own name in lights.

It's no doubt been a sore few weeks for the poster on here who still maintains that he would have done just as good a job as Gerrard if given time.
Agreed a total fraud who bulsh*tted his way to the job. You could tell immediately it was going to be a disaster albeit hoping against hope he would somehow succeed. Mental how much Pena & Herrera have cost us.

We’ve finally got a bit of representation on these type of shows with Halliday and somehow FF is siding with the guy who presided over our worst European result in history

Folk falling over themselves to have a pop at Halliday and Ferguson on the back of a great weekend.

It's what happens on Podcasts in 2020, folk moan that players are too distant from the average fan these days.

I can understand folk having issues with things Ferguson did in the past but not for having a go at Pedro.

Pedro was a clown, he punted Halliday to Azerbijan but he's got to just keep a 'dignified silence' . No bother!

I’ll never forget or forgive the wee cuddle he got from Strachan when we played those 19th Century Terrorist bastards. Maybe you didn’t get offered the coaching gig Barry because you’ve got a habit of slagging former Rangers managers in public.

Just a point on Pedro ... yes he wasted millions on the Mexicans but that money will be recouped when we sell Morelos

“Ah but Morelos was a JJ signing” ... well he may have been recommended by JJ but Pedro was the man that sanctioned the signing and took the gamble on JJ’s word so ultimately he was a Pedro signing as much as some on here won’t like to admit

Here’s another point...

We should have been in the position where the Morelos money would be an bonus, rather than a recoup of unnecessary losses.

The entire circus should never, ever have happened

Is it really? The guy who tried to engineer a move away behind the clubs back and then threatened legal action against us, vs a dud who came in did a shite job and left.
Done a shite job & left. More like set us back years, cost us millions upon millions on duds, an absolute fraud.

Warburton helped push the club in to the 21st century, gave us a fantastic season & helped the club massively off the park. I’ve no idea what went on behind the scenes, and neither do you.

Back