Ange : I dont rest players if they want a rest they can get one when they are 45

I thought clubs had these sports scientists now?
Youd imagine injury after injury someone would tell Flange this is the Campsies not Bondi Beach!

Noticed in their last few games they run their arses off for the first half then seem to be blowing out of them the second. Think their injuries are going to get worse. Shame.

Noticed in their last few games they run their arses off for the first half then seem to be blowing out of them the second. Think their injuries are going to get worse. Shame.
Been evident all season. Gung-ho to try get ahead then drop off. If we box clever at the glue camp we can absolutely destroy them on the counter. Infact, we should be going there to doninate them like we can. Weve gone to far more difficult venues away in Europe and controlled it. No reason why we shouldn’t be goinv there and doing the same.

It’s why in every game under GVB we have went through spells where it looks like we’ve taken the foot off the gas. We were 2-0 and comfortable v St Johnstone and let them have the ball and the closest they got was a couple of corners. You simply can’t go full pelt for 90 mins. Scottish football is 100mph as it is never mind making the team expend extra pointless energy.
Mind in José Mournho’s book, he said at Chelsea he would encourage his team to take a an in-game rest by passing it about at the back for a while.

His players will know he is instrumental in them getting injuries.

If you are playing for him and watching your teammates dropping like flies all around you, what is going through your mind?

How long before his players question his tactics and prioritise their own well being? A player with no emotional attachment to the club is not going to put his own career in jeopardy.

I think the tide is turning with Ange. Not long until they’re against him. “We’re your friends not those upstairs”

Yesterday was coming.

Narrow victories courtesy of flukes, blatant offside goals and 7th minute injury time winners is a streak of luck that just isn’t sustainable.

If Angeball is to effectively run players into the ground, it might explain why this greasy oaf has been plying his trade in two bob leagues on the other side of the world all this time.

Yesterday was coming.

Narrow victories courtesy of flukes, blatant offside goals and 7th minute injury time winners is a streak of luck that just isn’t sustainable.

If Angeball is to effectively run players into the ground, it might explain why this greasy oaf has been plying his trade in two bob leagues on the other side of the world all this time.
He’s a fraud, they should be beating that team last night, but it’s great they didn’t! He wants the high press and intensity for 90min, even the top EPL teams don’t do for 90min, they take their moments and you can’t do it when you’re to play 50 to 60 games a season in the conditions we can play in. His inability to change things in a game was shown up last night, he’s got away with it up till now. While they are all deluding themselves and baw deep in Ange, he’s getting slowly found out!

This has been a recurring theme all season with them. They tend to fly out the blocks but teams that stay within a goal after about an hour always get chances as they tire massively in the final third of games.

All well and good trying to play a high octane game but if you don’t have players with the legs to play it for 90 minutes consistently without getting injured it’s probably time to adapt your approach.

Quite incredible quote from him! "I don't rest players...". Etc.

No problem then nature will do that for you!

Their players will be pleased that they can look forward to turning 45. Wonder how many of them will actually have their careers cut short with his insane sports science of running them into the ground.

Yeah mate
I said that to a mate the other day
Most teams just need to contain them for 39 odd minutes as they come out all guns blazing hoping to get the game over quickly.
If they don’t score early they struggle as they are dead on their feet by the 2nd half and teams will have a chance to beat them.
Pretty much that’s what we did earlier in the season with a COVID hit squad, kept it tight early on the hit them with a sucker punch.
Technically they really aren’t that good

That's madness I've never heard any manager make a statement like that it's usually we play fair to many game or we need to manage so and so

A couple of seasons under greaseball they’ll be lucky to see 35 never mind 45

Last edited:
The convict is a parody manager who will be back in Oz before the summer. A naive fool who has sussed out that this nonsense will keep him in his dream job a little bit longer.

I don't know (or really care) how many games they play in Japan or Australia but I bet it's not as many as here.

38 league games
League Cup
Scottish Cup
European
International

The body needs time to recover too.

TBH it is ridiculous that Scotland switched back to only using three subs when every other league in Europe kept the five sub rule.

You’d think after seeing what happened with Erikson it would have been mandated by UEFA for all leagues to have 5 subs.

Imagine how hard these comments will bite his fat arse if one of the Celtic players collapses on the pitch.

I thought clubs had these sports scientists now?
Youd imagine injury after injury someone would tell Flange this is the Campsies not Bondi Beach!
Lennon did not put much faith in new fangled technology so I doubt there was much investment in that area under his 'leadership'.

Hilariously their old sports science guy joined them under Rodgers from Real Madrid (and left for RB Leipzig in the summer) while their brand new Head of Sports Science joined from... Morton.

Last edited:
Lennon did not put much faith in new fangled technology so I doubt there was much investment in that area under his 'leadership'.

Hilariously their old sports science guy joined them under Rodgers from Real Madrid (and left for RB Leipzig in the summer) while their brand new Head of Sports Science joined from... Morton.
I was going to say I thought they binned that whole department since iStrachan had it covered.

Everyone needs to remember Angeball requires more than 1 season to get the style going properly... :shh:

This is shaping up to be a cataclysmic meltdown, this weaselling out of the 2nd is only delaying the inevitable for those bomb chuckers.

Great to hear that Scotland isn't the only country that produces pig-headed dinosaurs that refuse to listen to experts.

I honestly think Celtic are their own worst enemy. They lap nonsense like this up and hold the belief they are the only attacking team in the world. They want to believe it so much they completely ignore their shortcomings

And long may it continue!
Best bit is, they're an attacking team that's shite at attacking. Bar one game against a woeful Dundee United, they've scraped single goal victories in the majority their matches for months now.

Pretty sure John Barnes won the League Cup then went into pure meltdown. Can the big Aussie rap incidentally?
It is going to be good watching this you can see it each week he is starting to get rattled honeymoon period is over and this guy is going to have a breakdown and explode, wait until the sharks are back but aimed at him as the song goes "There may be good times ahead"

I think it was a good point by Craigan he has known Turnball for what 10 years I think it was and said the boy was always physically fit and never recalled having a hammy before

I can’t believe he hit out with that.

But if one thing can be guaranteed, it’s that their horses will ignore it. That guy gets away with murder with them.

Best bit is, they're an attacking team that's shite at attacking. Bar one game against a woeful Dundee United, they've scraped single goal victories in the majority their matches for months now.
They only have a plan A. Teams have worked that out and so almost every game is a slog for them meaning more effort and more injuries.

Worse still for them is that they are completely reliant on Kyogo who has played 52 games in the last 10 months, without any breaks other than for injuries, who is now struggling with persistent soft tissue injuries due to load.

Back