Another `honest mistake`

Andre55

SFA have explaining to do as embarrassing Bobby Madden admission could cost Rangers in Scottish Premiership​

Celtic were once again helped by the officials in the Scottish Premiership as they beat Livingston on Sunday, keeping them three points above Rangers.

Our fierce rivals were given a corner despite no clear touch from the defender, and of course, they opened the scoring from that.

David Martindale admitted that Bobby Madden [fourth official] and the linesman both told the referee that it was a goal-kick, but they were ignored and overruled for no clear reason.

rangers

Speaking after the game, as shared by The Sun, Martindale revealed his conversations with officials that leave us scratching our heads.

“I think there’s a refereeing decision that leads to the corner, I think it’s our by-kick,” he said.

“I spoke to the linesman and Bobby (Madden), Bobby was the fourth official and they both had told the referee it was a by-kick. But it’s just disappointing when the decisions go against you and it leads to goals against.”

rangers

Embarrassing.

This is yet another big red cross over the officiating in Scotland, and it is getting to the stage where the SFA must break their silence.

What on earth is the point in having your assistants, who are in a much better position, if you won’t listen to them?

It was the clearest goal-kick we have ever seen, yet the referee had the audacity to put himself in the spotlight rather than the game.

This comes after shocking decisions against the Bears in the draws with Motherwell and Dundee United, it makes no sense.

Do we really want one of the tightest Scottish Premiership title races in years ruined by the officiating? Of course not, and there has be consequences for shocking decisions such as this one.

Martindale being told this after the game makes it even worst for him, as he will have been left bewildered, just as we are now.

These shocking pieces of officiating have to stop, or it will get to the stage where Scottish officials just aren’t trusted anymore.

It’s actually disturbing and quite sinister that Nick Walsh overruled two of his supporting officials to make an incorrect call that led to a filth goal. And just minutes after awarding them a dodgy penalty as well.

That simply cannot go unanswered.

Madden can’t talk either though. He somehow missed two stonewall penalties for us at Dundee Utd two weeks ago, including Sakala being decked by a shirt pull to stop him scoring. Easy for him to come out with the statement he did yesterday, but he’s just another shitebag / cheat in the heat of the moment.

Our entire referee set-up are utterly petrified of the filth.

It’s actually disturbing and quite sinister that Nick Walsh overruled two of his supporting officials to make an incorrect call that led to a filth goal. And just minutes after awarding them a dodgy penalty as well.

Madden can’t talk either though. He somehow missed two stonewall penalties for us at Dundee Utd two weeks ago, including Sakala being decked by a shirt pull to stop him scoring. Easy for him to come out with the statement he did yesterday, but he’s just another shitebag / cheat in the heat of the moment.

some of the decisions against us and for them this season defy logic and cannot be passed off as mistakes or poor refereeing! It is happening too often.

Refs and their assistants just won't give game-changing decisions against Celtc which costs them points. I'm struggling to recall even one incident this season. However, the conveyor-belt of big decisions which have went in their favour has been almost non-stop. Its embarrassing for Scottish football.

And all we are hearing in the scottish media as usual is endless whinging about our goal against the sheep scum ( which was a perfectly good goal), whilst silence about their goals .two of theirs shouldn't have stood but barely heard a peep about it.
We are getting absolutely fck all in this run in and they are making sure of it.
If it costs us the league and the club still sit in silence until season tickets to go back on sale I'm done with it

the referee who used VAR to wrongly deny our goal v Dortmund has been dropped from the UEFA list for the rest of the season, according to reports online!
I'd say that is a bit harsh. He wasn't shown the camera angle that would have made the correct decision a simple one. On the evidence he had though, he should still have let the goal stand.

Apart from that decision, I thought he had a pretty good game. I'd be happy to have him regularly reffing the SPFL if UEFA don't want him!

SFA have explaining to do as embarrassing Bobby Madden admission could cost Rangers in Scottish Premiership​

Celtic were once again helped by the officials in the Scottish Premiership as they beat Livingston on Sunday, keeping them three points above Rangers.

Our fierce rivals were given a corner despite no clear touch from the defender, and of course, they opened the scoring from that.

David Martindale admitted that Bobby Madden [fourth official] and the linesman both told the referee that it was a goal-kick, but they were ignored and overruled for no clear reason.

rangers

Speaking after the game, as shared by The Sun, Martindale revealed his conversations with officials that leave us scratching our heads.

“I think there’s a refereeing decision that leads to the corner, I think it’s our by-kick,” he said.

“I spoke to the linesman and Bobby (Madden), Bobby was the fourth official and they both had told the referee it was a by-kick. But it’s just disappointing when the decisions go against you and it leads to goals against.”

rangers

Embarrassing.

This is yet another big red cross over the officiating in Scotland, and it is getting to the stage where the SFA must break their silence.

What on earth is the point in having your assistants, who are in a much better position, if you won’t listen to them?

It was the clearest goal-kick we have ever seen, yet the referee had the audacity to put himself in the spotlight rather than the game.

This comes after shocking decisions against the Bears in the draws with Motherwell and Dundee United, it makes no sense.

Do we really want one of the tightest Scottish Premiership title races in years ruined by the officiating? Of course not, and there has be consequences for shocking decisions such as this one.

Martindale being told this after the game makes it even worst for him, as he will have been left bewildered, just as we are now.

These shocking pieces of officiating have to stop, or it will get to the stage where Scottish officials just aren’t trusted anymore.

The title is misleading. Madden didn't make any admission. The piece only quotes Martindale who described what Madden apparently said to him. That is different to what the headline of the article conveys.

I'd say that is a bit harsh. He wasn't shown the camera angle that would have made the correct decision a simple one. On the evidence he had though, he should still have let the goal stand.

Apart from that decision, I thought he had a pretty good game. I'd be happy to have him regularly reffing the SPFL if UEFA don't want him!
That’s how it works at top levels though

Get the decision right as a team, or be punished as a team. It’s pretty unforgivable to get it so wrong when the technology is there

This is also why this idea that VAR in Scotland would still be the same bad refs making the same poor calls isn’t quite right

UEFA and fifa will almost certainly have an eye on these things, meaning top international refs regularly making poor calls will see their international careers disappear

SFA/SPFL can’t afford us to win the league, these referees know what they are doing and are empowered by the authorities and media to do so.
Cinch not being on the winning trophy will activate a breach of contract. We need to keep fighting them on this front and if this act doesn’t bankrupt the corrupt bastards then hopefully we can find something else that will.

agree as he was not shown the view from behind which is crazy as it was the clearest view of it not being a foul.

The title is misleading. Madden didn't make any admission. The piece only quotes Martindale who described what Madden apparently said to him. That is different to what the headline of the article conveys.
Martindale says Madden told him/admitted he and another official advised it was a bye kick not a corner! Unless you believe Martindale has just made the whole thing up I fail to see your point.

Refs and their assistants just won't give game-changing decisions against Celtc which costs them points. I'm struggling to recall even one incident this season. However, the conveyor-belt of big decisions which have went in their favour has been almost non-stop. Its embarrassing for Scottish football.
They had a player sent off recently. Maybe Bitton? They won the game with 10 men.
Outside of that, there is literally nothing. Their yellow card ratio and timing continue to be a footballing mystery.

Good example here in the League Cup Final. For Beaton it's just easier and safer to not blow the whistle for a blatant penalty. This incident has all but been forgotten this season.

giphy.gif

SFA/SPFL can’t afford us to win the league, these referees know what they are doing and are empowered by the authorities and media to do so.
Cinch not being on the winning trophy will activate a breach of contract. We need to keep fighting them on this front and if this act doesn’t bankrupt the corrupt bastards then hopefully we can find something else that will.

I think this is why King made reference to Park's "personal agenda", it's f*cking us

Don't think VAR would have ruled out 2 of the tims goals yesterday , I think there is some sort of timing on it, maybe someone can explain it?

That bit is the most concerning bit....out of all the officials that saw the "corner", Walsh was in the worst position to see what happened.

Also, the handball by Ralston was identical to that for what they got their penalty for.

In order, it was firstly a handball and a free kick to Livingston. If it's not a free-kick then it's a by-kick. It was NEVER EVER a corner.

Question is, why did Walsh ignore his team of officials who were advising him?

That bit is the most concerning bit....out of all the officials that saw the "corner", Walsh was in the worst position to see what happened.

Also, the handball by Ralston was identical to that for what they got their penalty for.

In order, it was firstly a handball and a free kick to Livingston. If it's not a free-kick then it's a by-kick. It was NEVER EVER a corner.

Question is, why did Walsh ignore his team of officials who were advising him?
Let me think.................maybe because he's a cheating bastard

the referee who used VAR to wrongly deny our goal v Dortmund has been dropped from the UEFA list for the rest of the season, according to reports online!
We need similar punishments in Scotland!
Drop them to the Championship or lower!
Let them get the juniors.
Let them feel the fear of getting a decision wrong.

Nick Walsh appears to have a deity complex. He is the star, the centre of attention. Never wrong.
He’s certainly came down a bit in the estimation of Rangers supporters.
Many said, including myself, that he was the best referee we had.
Not that he didn’t make mistakes, just that they weren’t all against us, and some he gave us when a number of refs wouldn’t have.

Absolute fucking joke it's every week now this same shit is happening even with our own %^*& ups we would still be sitting clear at the top, the club need's to do something before this slips out of our hands through corrupt officials.

Martindale says Madden told him/admitted he and another official advised it was a bye kick not a corner! Unless you believe Martindale has just made the whole thing up I fail to see your point.
My point is that the headline misleads in that you are expecting to see a statement by Madden to the press, or perhaps a report of an interview with Madden.

All that is reported is what was already widely known in Martindale's claim about what Madden had said to him. (And FWIW I believe Martindale).

The headline includes the wording "embarrassing Bobby Madden admission" which definitely gives to me the impression that something new on the matter has been said by Madden. And that appears not to be the case. Tabloid clickbait.

My point is that the headline misleads in that you are expecting to see a statement by Madden to the press, or perhaps a report of an interview with Madden.

All that is reported is what was already widely known in Martindale's claim about what Madden had said to him. (And FWIW I believe Martindale).

The headline includes the wording "embarrassing Bobby Madden admission" which definitely gives to me the impression that something new on the matter has been said by Madden. And that appears not to be the case. Tabloid clickbait.
I get your point and agree it is misleading to a degree but does not change the core issue.

I get your point and agree it is misleading to a degree but does not change the core issue.
Oh I agree about the issue we have with corrupt / inept referees (see other current thread).

My complaint is about the cynical tabloid misrepresentation of the body of an article by its headline.

You
Yeah Madden and the other joker should keep their trap shut and let the main guy get on with manipulating it to make sure Celtic win.
You ignore the point completely.
There is no way that Madden, or superman for that matter, could see who last touched the ball from the dugout area.
The linesman however is another matter.

Oh I agree about the issue we have with corrupt / inept referees (see other current thread).

My complaint is about the cynical tabloid misrepresentation of the body of an article by its headline.
I have no problem with it if it brings attention to a wider audience and helps expose `poor refereeing`

You

You ignore the point completely.
There is no way that Madden, or superman for that matter, could see who last touched the ball from the dugout area.
The linesman however is another matter.
No you are so desperate to defend refs you continue to talk rubbish.

Hes not that far away mate its possible he had a better view from that side of the pitch. Can Gio not claim or speak about decisions cos hes not 10 yards away sitting behind the goals ?

Why do you think the ref told not one but both of them to piss off ?

No you are so desperate to defend refs you continue to talk rubbish.

Hes not that far away mate its possible he had a better view from that side of the pitch. Can Gio not claim or speak about decisions cos hes not 10 yards away sitting behind the goals ?

Why do you think the ref told not one but both of them to piss off ?
There we go again. Making shoite up now. Show me where I defend the REF??

Why is this not being widely reported?

Why is this not being widely reported?
UEFA keeps these things quiet. It came from an ex-FIFA/UEFA ref during an interview about our disallowed goal. With so much money and prestige at stake and with the aid of VAR there is virtually no excuse for such a bad decision.

I never seen it at the time.
Livingston manager talked about the possible hand ball by Rogic in the lead up to the Celtic (OG) goal.
However, on Sportscene, to my absolute surprise they showed an unbelievable `honest mistake` by the nearside lino. Starfelt lets the ball go out before hoofing it up to Rogic, its right in front of the official who is level with the ball and looking straight at it?

Maybe @Edweird could work his magic and put a clip up? ;)

(Its the same Lino who chalked two of Alfies goals off i think)

I think this is why King made reference to Park's "personal agenda", it's f*cking us
Park's personal agenda is our fight back. The gifting of league titles, match fixing with their refs, changing of substitute rules and fixtures mid season needs to stop and the only way is to bankrupt the cunts.

The sheer amount of mistakes that go in favour of Celtic is out and out corruption. It is cheating and it is giving Celtic the upper hand over everyone. It cannot go on but it will, because all the boards are shit scared to speak out against Celtic. That as well should have everyone up in arms but no, they're still happy to accept it.

What annoys me the most is just how scared and willing to let it happen our board are. Nothing, no work put in for them to do anything about it. They just let it happen and it will ultimately screw us over and I am not happy to just let them do that. Sad thing is, there is nothing I can do.

Absolute fucking joke it's every week now this same shit is happening even with our own %^*& ups we would still be sitting clear at the top, the club need's to do something before this slips out of our hands through corrupt officials.
I would say it’s all ready slipped ……
Every 50/50 has went their way. Not one game changing decision has went against them during which they won lots of their games by 1 goal. If I’m doubt give decision to Celtic seems to be the way Scottish referees officiate our league.

It's interesting that 2 officials are trying to tell the correct answer but after the DUFC game we were advised they didn't have a say in matters. It's a crock of sh1t and heads should roll. The whole referee and disciplinary Dept isn't fit for purpose. Throw in the SPFL and their commercial nous and their Dundeegate and you see Scottish football is run by amateurs paid fortunes. This is our national sport and it's an absolute farce that it's impossible to get rid of the rubbish running it. I'd seriously jump at the chance of joining the English 3rd division.

We aren't playing well at all but we aren't being afforded the opportuties to put extra points on the board the way Celtic are.

Celtic miss a penalty and need a goal? Overrule your two officials and award a corner. Celtic are drawing with Hibs? Play 8 minutes added on time - same with Ross County.

We are looking for goals against Motherwell and there are two handball incidents in the box? No penalty play on. On several occasions I've seen us getting a corner in the dying seconds only for the referee to blow for full time, where up at County we were about 30 seconds after added on time had finished and still the corner was allowed to be taken. Leave all the stuff about McGregor aside, that corner shouldn't have been taken.

If we were behind in this title race due to both teams playing to the same sets of rules, then fine you hold your hands up and say the best team is leading the race. The decisions that have gone for them and against us since the winter break is ridiculous.

Has he? He is listed for on of the Champions League games tomorrow night.

The mhedia narrative today is more about Jim Godwin’s imaginary foul at Rangers goal than it is about yet another referee making a catalogue of honest mistakes, all of which benefited Celtc.
Go figure, it tells you all you need to know.

Walsh was centre stage of the pitch to witness rogic play basketball during the play of their second goal after half time .
What these decisions indicate to Celtic players is that they have the game sewn up no matter what occurs in the match.

Back