Another partnership announced

You don’t know what your talking about. Completely uneducated hahaha. In 10 years every ticket you buy will be an NFT. Every contract you sign. The British government is making their first one currently. Your stuck in the past unfortunately.
giphy.gif

People really put money into this type of stuff?

Bisgrove must speak out and take the heat for this?
Bisgrove must speak out and take the heat for adults making decisions on how to spend their own money? We offered shirt space for advertising, we never ran the company.

I highly doubt anyone with half a brain would have bought NFTs just because Calvin Bassey wore a shirt with a tiny wee logo on the bottom.

Bisgrove’s job is to make the club money and now his job is to find another logo to take its place to the highest bidder.

Some laugh when the replica kits which are already made and have the logo on the back and ready to go are released.
What’s the expected release date of the new kits meant to be?

Absolute shambles again. Every year there’s something

Was actually wondering about the cup final as I’m fairly sure new kits used to be out by then years ago.

Think recent times have seen much later releases. Think last season was late June.

Hoping they’ll be earlier this year so wee man has his for his holidays.

Can see it being delayed if they all already have SporteMongo printed on them which I’m led to believe that they do.

You don’t know what your talking about. Completely uneducated hahaha. In 10 years every ticket you buy will be an NFT. Every contract you sign. The British government is making their first one currently. Your stuck in the past unfortunately.
If you are going to throw about accusations of people being uneducated at least use “you’re” instead of “your”.

Twice.

Utterly minor gripe in comparison to what's being discussed in the thread, but I'll be gutted if the new kit isn't worn for the cup final, was a staple for me growing up in 93/94/96.

As I recall there was an issue with wearing the new kit back in 2016 vs Hibs was there not?.
I genuinely don’t think we’ve done this in my time, then again we’ve only been in about 6 Scottish cup finals since then!

I genuinely don’t think we’ve done this in my time, then again we’ve only been in about 6 Scottish cup finals since then!
Last time I mind it being done was 96 vs Hearts. Actually I'm not all that sure if it's done very often to be honest, can't recall if other teams done it or if it was just us.

Adidas done it at least twice for us in 90s.
Done it three times I think.

92 v Airdrie when we switched from Admiral to Adidas.

94 v Dundee Utd

96 v Hearts

Tbh I can see arguments for and against. The Centenary Crest v Celtic in 73 is iconic. Would be nice to see the 150 years crest in the final v Hearts.

All that matters really

We’ve had our fingers burnt, like many other clubs. Lesson learned and we move on
Hibs were meant to receive 6 figures per season, so I imagine we’d be in that area too but obviously with a bit more than them.

How much we got, I imagine we will need to wait on the accounts?

Investing in betting and beer is fine but wasting money on crypto is satanic and therefore Bisgrove should be fired ?

Sure…
Whatever peoples thoughts are on betting and alcohol sponsorships, they are stable and guaranteed money makers for clubs. Crypto is severely volatile.
I know someone who “invested” £15k on Crypto that turned into £9k within a day.

That'll be Castore out a right few quid
I’d expect Rangers will be out of pocket, not castore. The kit manufacturer shouldn’t lose out because a partner of the club goes bust.

FWIW, I wouldn’t have a problem buying a kit with a tiny logo on the back thats not going to be on the players kits. Some people on here with all the drama ‘shitshow’ getting thrown around. It’s minor really

There's likely a story similar to this every week involving nfts. Companies throwing a lot of money at internet influencers or in this case football clubs to promote their nfts, the company makes plenty of money on people who want to support the individual or club and overnight the whole thing gets shut down and you're left with nothing to show for the money you put in. Unlike when they feel pressured to pull out of friendly tournaments or retail contracts, i wouldn't be surprised if you hear nothing from the club about this, the only people who are negatively affected from this are the ones who put money into it.

I’m sure all the fans on here who missed a Monday at work in the 90’s due to a Mcewans lager fuelled hangover will be in with a shout of some compo as well.
Have McEwans been found out as a fraud/ pyramid scheme?

Even the likes of Man City/ Barcelona have had to pull out of NFT deals a few months ago due to fraud.

The Football Index scam recently as well. Lot of young/ inexperienced "investors" in this stuff are getting ripped off

Bisgrove must speak out and take the heat for adults making decisions on how to spend their own money? We offered shirt space for advertising, we never ran the company.

I highly doubt anyone with half a brain would have bought NFTs just because Calvin Bassey wore a shirt with a tiny wee logo on the bottom.

Bisgrove’s job is to make the club money and now his job is to find another logo to take its place to the highest bidder.
Careful, that was a sensible reply.. fairly uncommon going by most of the posts.

Stay poor
NFTs/ Crypto/ Blockchain technology may be useful/ widely used in future.

That doesn't mean that any football club signing a sponsorship deal with any dodgy pyramid scheme is a good thing!

I'm shocked a company no one had ever heard of got a partnership with us. That seems to be a prerequisite to get on our kit nowadays

As for NFTs, a massive pyramid scheme that will collapse. Here's a link to a picture that you can own for hundreds/thousands/millions of £ but stops absolutely no one from just copying said imagine.

Not like that household name, BiowaveGo.

They'll all be boxed up ready to go on sale in a couple of weeks.

Will be tens of thousands of them with that sponsor on them.
I wonder if Castore will recall them. I was in the store at Buchanan Galleries about to buy my wee girl a ladies strip with DCP on it last April and literally as I was queueing a manager came out the back and instructed the boy on the till not to sell any more of them as it was being recalled due to that sponsorship being cancelled and Biowave being announced, then started to clear the rack of them.

Didn’t the SPFL do a deal recently with a NFT firm, that we weren’t included in because of this? Anyone have any clue at all what the difference is?

Liverpool just signed an £80m per season sponsorship deal. Can the person that negotiated that deal please get a summer job at Rangers

Didn’t the SPFL do a deal recently with a NFT firm, that we weren’t included in because of this? Anyone have any clue at all what the difference is?
It can't be used as a stick to beat our board with.

Yet.

NFTs like those sold by Sportemon and others are a load of shite. How the club can be blamed for an NFT company going out of business is quite a leap. Equally, the likes of that Motherwell tadger claiming some moral high ground cause the club did its due diligence and protected fans is bullshit. Football clubs are not responsible for where fans choose to spend their money. The due diligence aspect belongs to the individual before they part with their cash.

As for it being embarrassing - how? They paid to sponsor us, not us paying to sponsor them. If they have gone bust, then they no longer appear on our gear.
We seem to have an awful lot of people who are very easily embarrassed by anything our club ever does.

Dont win? Embarrassing.
Don't sign a particular player? Embarrassing.
Do sign a particular player? Embarrassing.
Don't get sponsors? Embarrassing.
Do get sponsors? Embarrassing.
Don't release a statement? Embarrassing.
Do release statements? Embarrassing

Back