Another scout leaves Rangers

Bomber Brown was scouting for us as far back as 2000 or 01. Reason I know is I once cleaned his windies while helping a mate out for a while and he had a wee video room at his house with video cassettes scattered all over the floor
He still is

FF Logic

Scout recommends player, manager signs him. Scout gets credit when player does well

Scout recommends player, manager signs him. Manager gets blame if player fails

The thing is, it is not as if he has been booted, or going to a smaller club, he is leaving to go to what looks like a prestigious position.

I've often wondered how people get into scouting and what kind of salary they'd be on. Must be a decent wee number going to games and making reports on players.

Obviously the bigger the club the better the deal. Must do some miles in the motor though!!!!

Utter nonsense.

Borna, and colak in 4 years
FFS. As I have now said in 4 different posts, it was a joke mate.

Also, in those 4 years you would need to add Lawrence, Kamara, Mclaughlin and Bassey (youth bounce game). Not to mention Jack before then.

Either way, it was a tongue and cheek joke.

I suspect in this day and age the idea of Scouts going out and discovering untapped talent is a thing of the past at First Team level. Agents are the guys pushing things these days, they are the ones getting the names of their Clients into the hands of Directors of Football and Heads of Scouting.

Of course, Scouts will then be dispatched to run the rule over any that appear to fit the bill, but I think actually unearthing brand new talent is more a thing for Scouts at Youth and Schoolboy level. In parallel with that, of course, is personal recommendation from Managers, Coaches etc.
Its all you tube videos these days

Back