Antonio Colak

Two questions;

1) If we had kept him and didn't sign Lammers would we have won the league?

2) Considering he's not getting a game for Parma this year would you resign for say 2m?

For me both are yes. Could have easily seen him and Dessers getting 15 goals a piece and complement each other; Dessers having better overall play but Colak being a natural finisher.

If he's not getting a game in Italy then you would imagine there would be less interest and probably cheaper than Shankland.
1) We will never know.

2) Are you insane? He's scored 3 goals in 22 games.

Two questions;

2) Considering he's not getting a game for Parma this year would you resign for say 2m?

For me both are yes. Could have easily seen him and Dessers getting 15 goals a piece and complement each other; Dessers having better overall play but Colak being a natural finisher.

If he's not getting a game in Italy then you would imagine there would be less interest and probably cheaper than Shankland.
No and No............

He may have been a big handsome B and by the sound of it gave you a bit of a semi but he was a pretty limited player who wouldnt take us forward.

We need better than colak

Strikers aren’t the problem. It’s having a midfield who can score and assist. It’s the major difference between ourselves and the scum
Not saying the midfield point isn't valid, but how the f**k can you say strikers aren't a problem? What Rangers team have you been watching? A goalscorer would have covered a thousand sins for this team and would have seen us crowned champions by now.

Jesus H Christ. Is this where we're at now?

OP wants us to spend 2m on a guy who wasn't good enough before and is now older and not getting a game where he is.

Yes & No. Only because I wouldn't pay £2M for someone who will be surplus to requirements. Even more so now that Parma have got promoted and will be looking for a better more expensive replacement. I'd pay 750k. He is nearly 33 now, is he not?

So, buy him for £2m, sell him for £1.5m because he wasn’t good enough then - buy him again for £2m?

If we have that as a budget for a striker, I would be signing Shankland
Problem here is he was good enough at sticking the ball in the net, Beale was negligent. Still wouldn’t sign him back now as we need to move on but he shouldn’t have been let go when he was

Yeah let's continue to run around in circles. Our squad needs freshened...not bringing back old players. Fwiw he is a far superior striker than Dessers.

Two questions;

I'd have kept him but I don't think we can go for him now after him not getting a game for Parma.

Two questions;

Jesus Christ

Why aren't people saying that was a good transfer for Rangers?

Bought for £1.8 and sold for £2.5 million.

Especially when he can't get a game now.

It's not as if he became a 40 million pound player and we lost out!

The system we play requires a different type of player which is so evident in our play and partly why we play long mostly the midfield is far to slow and passive to play this system with the players we have he should play 442 in the final and we would have a better chance but he won’t do it.
The problem with 4-4-2 is that our wing options are still awful with current injuries and our midfield will still get overrun

Strikers aren’t the problem. It’s having a midfield who can score and assist. It’s the major difference between ourselves and the scum

Correct. I can't understand why people can't see this. We could have pre-injury Mols up front and still wouldn't lay a glove on them because our midfield is no better than the Murty era.

Kamara was chased by Beale without looking at a replacement (I'm not embarrassing myself by counting Cifuentes), Jack has been out for long periods and Davis received a career ending injury.

Raskin was supposed to be Jack's successor but hasn't lived up to expectations. Lundstram likewise with Davis and after relying on him carry the midfield

Diomande still raw and yet to be seen if he fills the void left by Kamara.

Then there's the attacking midfielder/wide areas which have been massively downgraded. Aribo, Kent, Tillman & Airfield replaced by Lawrence, Lammers & Cantwell. It's that bad Scott Wright is still getting game time. McCausland and Cortes have been good but it shows how much that area was mismanaged.

Our summer transfer window was a disaster, and now it'll need fixed at the same time as now having to address the defence. We're lucky the young lad signed as backup to Tavernier has performed really well at the right of midfield. Need to try and build the team around him and Diomande, but we need our main signing to be a Barry Ferguson type player in with them, not a striker.

Two questions;

Does the fact he's not getting a game for Parma tell you the answer to your first question.

He was a tidy finisher but his all round game was poor. There's a reason he's had more clubs than Tiger Woods.

Two questions;

God stop talking about this guy. Its as bad as Candeias chat

Two questions;

No and fn No.

Couple of questions - in what way is Desser better overall and if he's cheaper than Shankland what's a reason

He's a slightly less frustrating Dessers. Take from that what you will. I've said before that it would come down to the OF matches - that's proved to be the case - Colak failed to demonstrate he was a difference-maker in those games as has Dessers. Having both would have made little difference, also, Beale never saw Lammers as a striker, Dessers was Colak's replacement.

Possibly, we'll never know. I think the issue for us is more goals throughout the team is needed.

Was surprised to see a stat this morning that Victor Boniface of Leverkusen has scored 13 goals (not sure if that's only counting the league) and is their top scorer. They must have goals coming from all over the team if they're that far on top and their main man is only on 13.

We don't get enough goals from Lawrence, Cantwell, Silva, Matondo, Wright, McCausland etc

I'm still upset we got rid of him, but I doubt he'd be effective in this team. When he was here he was the kind of striker that doesn't do much but you just get the ball to him in the box and he'll make something from it.

How our midfield is unfortunately playing it would mean he won't get any service.

Two questions;

Why spend £2m on a striker who isn’t scoring goals?

Two questions;

1) No
2) No

Two questions;

No and no. He's no where good enough.

Two questions;

£2m for a player who can’t get a game for Parma?

Two questions;

1) No

2) Dessers has scored 21 on his own

3) If he isn't getting a game for Parma, why would we be after him?

Think he’s only scored 7 goals since he got injured against Hearts on the 9th of November 2022.

He hit a purple patch and never got back into it post injury.

Two questions;

I think it was criminal that we sold him tbh. Great finisher and would have thrived on all these balls into the box.

Back