Any Bears at Hampden today?

I never said it was covid related mate.. ??
I know mate, I originally asked why there was a staggered arrival and not exit. The reason for the staggered arrival is obviously covid related as it never happened previously, but not staggering the exits makes it pointless.

You then said the staggered arrival was because there was extra cordons and bag checks etc. This had never been a thing, allocating people arrival times purely to check their bags. So I'm wondering what the authorities are thinking

Every other game you see fans getting beers etc. In Glasgow you get water ffs.

Why have Uefa let them host a game if thats the product on offer?
Is the dump the only place that you cant have a beer??

What were your experiences. We’re going to the Scotland v Croatia game and have to be there 3 hours before ko!
What happens on arrival? What happens in Hampden (for 3 f’n hours) Are any kiosks open? Are the toilets open? (That’s really important to an old Bear) Any advice appreciated.
We were due 11-00 to 11-30 and arrived at 12-25.
excellent access with the stewards through the railings.
still outside the ground we milled around taking pics of ourselves with the murals behind,
entry through the turnstiles was put your mobile face up into the qr code reader and in. Easy.
enjoy.
will be there as well.

Alot of points covered in previous posts.

Had an arrival time of between 11:00 and 11:30 and my entrance point was A which is behind the East Stand. Arrived just before 11:00 and plenty of fans milling about.

There was 5 queue lines to get in and they moved quickly. They scan your phone on the way in and then you scan the QR code at your appointed turnstile. No-one checked my bag (only had a sandwich and a packet of crisps:))) or asked for ID.

Inside, there's nothing to do except sit in your seat or go for a walk about the concourse. They'll play music and show football highlights from previous Euro competitions on the big screens.

No kiosks are open, and they will have cups of water placed out on tables. Toilets are open.

No need to wear a mask when at your seat if you don't want to. During the 2nd half there was a few tannoy messages asking fans to wear a mask at all times, but not enforced by stewards.

Don't know how strict they are with entrance times, but 2.5 to 3 hours is too long, as they allow all fans to leave at the same time when the game finishes. Also, going to the Croatia game and have a entrance time of 7pm - 7.30pm thankfully.

Despite the result I enjoyed being back at a game for the first time in 15 months.

Enjoy the game OP.:)

Last edited:
Alot of points covered in previous posts.

Had an arrival time of between 11:00 and 11:30 and my entrance point was A which is behind the East Stand. Arrived just before 11:00 and plenty of fans milling about.

There was 5 queue lines to get in and they moved quickly. They scan your phone on the way in and then you scan the QR code at your appointed turnstile. No-one checked my bag (only had a sandwich and a packet of crisps:))) or asked for ID.

Inside, there's nothing to do except sit in your seat or go for a walk about the concourse. They'll play music and show football highlights from previous Euro competitions on the big screens.

No kiosks are open, and they will have cups of water placed out on tables. Toilets are open.

No need to wear a mask when at your seat if you don't want to. During the 2nd half there was a few tannoy messages asking fans to wear a mask at all times, but not enforced by stewards.

Don't know how strict they are with entrance times, but 2.5 to 3 hours is too long, as they allow all fans to leave at the same time when the game finishes. Also, going to the Croatia game and have a entrance time of 7pm - 7.30pm thankfully.

Despite the result I enjoyed being back at a game for the first time in 15 months.

Enjoy the game OP.:)
We’re you allowed to take your own food and juice?

We’re you allowed to take your own food and juice?
According to the UEFA guidelines just food allowed, however, I don't know how much the stewards would enforce any rules about juice if they found it in your bag, if searched.

given the smaller capacity, is there much scope for moving to a better seat without much hassle from stewards?
Not between stands, but loads of people were moving about the east stand today.

Was also at the game today. Thought everything was fairly relaxed. Was expecting it to be a strict sit in the seat you were allocated type event.

Instead, people we sitting right beside each other, standing for the full 90mins, very few masks being worn at seats, I never took food but some people had taken tonnes of food in and the exit strategy at full time just made a farce of the entry slots.

Just delighted to be back at football really. Have tickets for the remaining 3 games at hampden too

Edit, there were no id checks either and security searches were very basic.

Last edited:
I appreciate for some people it was an important day but given the restrictions and 3 hour wait, I'd really have just preferred watching it in a pub. Fair play to those who felt it was worth it.

If that's what it's

If that's what it's going to be like getting back to Ibrox I doubt I'll be back regularly.
It just sounds shit and defeats the purpose surely? Sitting about outside empty kiosks drinking free water and eating sweaty sandwiches you brought from the house?

I still find it completely alien that you can't buy pints at half time inside stadiums in Scotland, but adding this extra layer of absurd shitness in where you're ferried I to the gaff 3 hours ahead of kick off to sit there like youre waiting for a flight home from a dry state is just mind boggling.

No chance.

According to the UEFA guidelines just food allowed, however, I don't know how much the stewards would enforce any rules about juice if they found it in your bag, if searched.
Trying to think how you’d sneak drink in if it’s just food.

Was also at the game today. Thought everything was fairly relaxed. Was expecting it to be a strict sit in the seat you were allocated type event.

Instead, people we sitting right beside each other, standing for the full 90mins, very few masks being worn at seats, I never took food but some people had taken tonnes of food in and the exit strategy at full time just made a farce of the entry slots.

Just delighted to be back at football really. Have tickets for the remaining 3 games at hampden too

Edit, there were no id checks either and security searches were very basic.
I remember going to Spain v Japan at Hampden during the 2012 Olympics. Me and the now ex wife got a quick pat down by security. My 4 year old daughter however must have either been on a security services watch list or mistaken for Carlos The Jackal. The security woman was round her waist band round the hems of her trousers in her collar. Didnt help that the wee yin was roaring with laughter cause she was ticklish. The security woman was raging. At that stage I took my daugters hand and pushed past the security. The male that was there rolled his eyes and apologised as we passed him. Gie folk a hi-vis vest and a baseball cap on with G4 on it and thats them power mad.

Trying to think how you’d sneak drink in if it’s just food.

Take some giant sandwiches or wraps in with cold beers stashed inside ? :))

You'd have thought they could have relaxed the rules on alcohol for this tournament. Football fans in Scotland are treated like shit. I only go to MLS games for a piss up.

I worked today, had to be there for quarter to 9 this morning (met at Asda at Toryglen), started at half 9, got put in position at 10 to 11. Turnstiles opened at 11 and I was toilet/covid marshalling was crazy but loved everything even the second goal when I saw it at 7.

Take some giant sandwiches or wraps in with cold beers stashed inside ? :))

You'd have thought they could have relaxed the rules on alcohol for this tournament. Football fans in Scotland are treated like shit. I only go to MLS games for a piss up.
Capri suns full of vodka stuck inside a crisp packet:)

Just checked my tickets for the Wales / Turkey game and the same need to be in the ground 2 1/2 hrs before kick off, must be Uefa rule as said all leaving at same time makes it kind of silly ?

Just checked my tickets for the Wales / Turkey game and the same need to be in the ground 2 1/2 hrs before kick off, must be Uefa rule as said all leaving at same time makes it kind of silly ?
Pretty sure they've already said they won't enforce the entry times, so I'd just arrive later at a more sensible time.

Zero points from 2 home games.
A draw with England.
I'm only gutted I never put money on it sooner.
Glorious failure.
I put £10 on an England win. tried to put a bet on for Scotland to finish bottom of the group and England to win by at least 3 clear goals sadly the wifey on there till couldn't grasp what I was talking about so, settled for a straight £10 on England to beat Scotland

Back