Any risk to the Euros?

With all the talk of behind closed doors games, whats the chances of the euros being jeopardised? The fact that its all over means more fans travelling all over Europe.

Last edited:
Can’t see it going ahead , especially with the fact it’s being played over several different European countries.

UEFA would probably prefer it all to be played behind closed doors. Get to display the logos of the sponsors to the millions of TV viewers without having to deal with those pesky matchday fans.

Don't see it going ahead, the F1 is going ahead behind closed doors, six nations have all been cancelled till October.

Hadn’t thought that far ahead. I’ve got two pairs of tickets. Won’t chase Rangers for a refund if spl games are cancelled but I’ll move heaven and earth to get my money back from those crooks at UEFA

They'll hold that for ages mate, till it's 100% cancelled - absolute filth. Got £400 worth myself.

Hope so. I was more successful than I had hoped for in the ticket ballot and ended up forking out a good few hundred euros on tickets for Hampden.

The political pressure may be too great for them to go ahead.

If the Italian League gets cancelled like some Italian politicians are pushing for then this will get interesting.

In the US the Indian Wells tennis tournament has been cancelled.

Funnily enough, just listening to the young lads in the office chatting about trips to Germany etc for the games they got tickets on. Completely oblivious, hasn't dawned on them

It depends how quickly the outbreak slows I reckon. Seems to be slowing in china etc. They won’t cancel the euros unless a last resort. The crooks at the top will try every trick in the book.

It better not get cancelled I've just somehow managed to get tickets for the final!

Just can't see it happening and they won't have any choice - the various governments will step in, its not like this is a problem affecting just one country.

Maybe be put back to 2021?

At what point do they cancel it, assuming it’s not taken out of their hands by governments first. If it peaks in April do they call it off even though it’s months away and it might slow down considerably by mid June. Or do they leave it until much closer to the tournament.

I've no idea if scientifically this reduction in cases come spring / summer / warmer weather is likely or not -
It seems the medical world is pinning a lot of hopes on this happening

If they're right then I'd expect the Euros to go ahead
If they're not - then no chance
Somewhere in between - I'd expect them to err on the side of caution

Given the co-location gimmick, why wouldn't they just cancel the tickets of those going to games out with their resident city? Keeps show on road with minimal travel need.

Scotland qualifies and it gets cancelled, would not surprise me in the slightest, then another 20 years without qualification

I've no idea if scientifically this reduction in cases come spring / summer / warmer weather is likely or not -
It seems the medical world is pinning a lot of hopes on this happening

If they're right then I'd expect the Euros to go ahead
If they're not - then no chance
Somewhere in between - I'd expect them to err on the side of caution

This seems like the right approach.

If it doesn't go ahead then it mostly likely be delayed for a year

Too big an event to cancel outright

Back