Anya for the Bears? Yes or No?

finners

For me, every time I see I am impressed. Always full of energy and looking to go forward. From what I heard on the commentary, he is not playing much like C.Martin at Derby. Could he be a good addition for the Bears.

I have always liked the wee man.
A real 100% player, who doesn't leave anything on the field.
Would fit in well at Ibrox.

That’s not a bad shout tbf. Has never set the heather alight with Scotland but nobody has! Quick, direct, why not?

Yes, yes, yes.

Suspect even at Derby he'll be on silly wages though.

Anya would really only be a useful player for a team who play on the counter, dont think he is suited to a team having to play against dross with ten men behind the ball

Unsure. Would depend on wages. I'd worry that he'd be a one decent game in five type guy. Not an Aluko that's for sure.

Would be like a left sided O'Halloran. Has a lot of pace but not a lot else and would struggle in a dominant side who have to be patient and try and break teams down. Need to have wide players who can beat a man with skill and not rely on pace. Terrible decision making as well.

His cross yesterday in injury time that went out for a bye kick sums him up for me. If he can't get in the Derby team at 29 years old then that would be a worry. Not an up and coming player any more.

I think he's poor. The amount if times he seems to make the wrong decision is unbelievable.

Yes from me. We need international class players and Anya could be available, no brainer.

Perhaps a loan would be OK in January , with an option to buy summer 2018. Anya doesn't produce an end product enough for me and as other posters suggest his decision making at times is poor. I would not be happy investing in Anya based upon his recent performances and the fact that he can't get in to an average team.

Would be like a left sided O'Halloran. Has a lot of pace but not a lot else and would struggle in a dominant side who have to be patient and try and break teams down. Need to have wide players who can beat a man with skill and not rely on pace. Terrible decision making as well.

His cross yesterday in injury time that went out for a bye kick sums him up for me. If he can't get in the Derby team at 29 years old then that would be a worry. Not an up and coming player any more.

Agree with this... his touch to try and go past the defender down the wing before that cross was dreadful decision making, he should have played an early ball into the box or cut inside. Sums up his game for me.

Is he not right sided?

We need more left sided players. Anya is decent but he's never progressed much at club level.

He can play either side but is right footed, same as Windass.

I agree it would be better to have that balance with a left footed player but we could possibly get a cheap loan deal for Anya and see how it goes.

Back