Anya for the Bears? Yes or No?

Here’s an idea.

Bring in players that are better than we have. The players in our team that we already have then become squad players.

He's done pretty much %^*& all at club level, but he has been one of the better players in a mediocre Scotland squad over the last couple of years.

He has pace at the moment but how long will that last as he is 29 yrs old? What else is in his game?

Will he end up the proverbial headless chicken?

A player suited to counter attacking teams purely due to his pace. Lacks quality elsewhere in his game which is why he has always struggled at club level.

You not getting him confused with Chris Iwelumo?

1eh5uw.jpg

I think he would be good but obviously he's 29 so ... maybe a loan.

Best position: winger, unless he's able to play CAM which could be a possibility.

If the club sign Walker pre-contract then he might struggle to get a game if Walker and Candeias play well, but two of the current wingers are loans so I guess wingers needed.

He’s similar to MOH. Plenty of pace and effort but very little quality.

Great when you are playing on the counter but useless when you are playing against 10 men behind the ball. I’m out.

Anya would really only be a useful player for a team who play on the counter, dont think he is suited to a team having to play against dross with ten men behind the ball
Although I like him, I have to agree. We still have someone like that on the books in MOH

He’s similar to MOH. Plenty of pace and effort but very little quality.

Great when you are playing on the counter but useless when you are playing against 10 men behind the ball. I’m out.

Anya has far more about him than MOH. He's actually got a bit of composure about him.

He'd improve our squad no doubt and can fill in at fullback or on the wing. Would be a good signing but it would all depend on finance for me, I wouldn't be shelling out 7 figure transfer fee and big wages to get him.

He'd be an improvement.

As much as I don't really fuss over Scotland its unbearable watching them with no Rangers players in the squad. I'd like to see this addressed as we improve.

Absolutely. He would be an immediate upgrade for the starting 11. I'd like to think we could get him same sort of price as Graham Dorrans as seen as he was surplus to requires at an English championship team

Quite shocked at how many don't rate him -
To me he's exactly what we need - not afraid to take a man on - good positional sense - always looking for the ball - faster than most of our current squad -
For those not sure of his best position - well in my mind he could replace more than 2 or 3 of our current squad in multiple positions - I think it might be called versatility - we haven't had much of that in the squad for a while IMHO

He's not a good footballer at all but some pace on him. Unfortunately would walk into to our team at the moment so I'd take him based on that. Think his wages would be too much for the impact he would make, would be a half decent signing but wouldn't light the league up.

Supposedly he was on £22,000 per week at Watford, probably around the same with Derby County now.

I would take him. I think he is a very good player who would definitely improve us.

However I have only ever seen him play for Scotland so not sure if he is consistent at club level

Similar to Adama for Middlesborough, got pace to burn but got no end product. Even for a wing back he can't defend. Definitely not.

Back