Anybody Figuered out how to watch BBC WC in 4K

Could be me but I struggle to see a huge difference between HD and UHD if being honest

Could be slight but hardly noticeable

Been on iplayer and the beta version - can’t see a UHD button.

If folk can’t see the difference between HD and UHD they should go to Specsavers. :p

If folk can’t see the difference between HD and UHD they should go to Specsavers. :p

Got a new tv the other week, mine was needing replaced and took up the sky offer they had do it’s an LG 43” thing

I have no idea what the best settings are so you’re probably right I’m probably getting no benefit out of it!

As soon as I log into iPlayer and choose the game it came up with the options available. Streams perfectly on my tv.

Could be me but I struggle to see a huge difference between HD and UHD if being honest

The difference isn’t particularly significant, and the source plays a huge part in it. The variations in “4K” content is considerable, depending on provider. For example, satellite 4K is less compressed than streamed/internet based 4K, so the picture will be better.

The big change is HDR, which is closer to the difference between SD and HD

Last edited:
Wa
Yup Optus TV working great for me and nice to see something on the Sports channels for a change.
Im loving watching it with British commetators though. Seems familiar.
And SBS really need to spring for a Co-commentator for Martin Tyler - listening to him drool on yesterday was brutal

Got it no problem via app on Samsung tv.
Few minutes behind which isn’t ideal in a group chat.

Family_watching_television_1958.jpg

Watching via iPlayer app on my LG tv. wasn’t overly impressed with the champions league final UHD stream but the BBC UHD stream of the Portugal game is phenomenal.

I was thinking the same mate. I can see a clear difference between SD and HD and that's about it. Certainly not enough to splash out on a high end TV.

Only for certain TVs with something called HLG. I have the Sony Bravia 65” KD something with 4K HDR and it works.

Watched it through iPlayer Beta and you almost forget to watch the game because you can see someone eating a packet of sweets in the crowd. Fantastic but it was a wee bit dark for some reason.

I’ve got Fibre broadband and I think it’s needed.

Saw the BBC were supposed to be doing this, been in the iPlayer but cannot see anything.
Anyone direct me please?

I’m getting it through the iPlayer app on my TV.

When I click on the football it gives me the choice of UHD or HD.

Back