Anyone else think this last Old Firm might not decide the title?

Is it just me that thinks either us or the scum will drop points outside of that game at the piggery and that’s what will be the killer blow? There’s another twist coming and hopefully in our favour.

No, i can see it happening too. Due to both teams already dropping daft points in games outside of the OFs and also both sides showing huge failings on Sunday that could see either side trip up unexpectedly in just about any game between now and the season end.

Would absolutely love it if St Mirren rolled into their midden and stole a point.

For me both teams will drop points outside of the final old firm or both teams will win every game outside the obvious big one.

The statistic that not one team has ever won every game post split is incredible but I think you have to consider how often the winning league team has just took their foot of the gas. I can see us or them doing it this time.

Is it just me that thinks either us or the scum will drop points outside of that game at the piggery and that’s what will be the killer blow? There’s another twist coming and hopefully in our favour.
You're not alone in thinking that,

Most of the games where they've dropped 3 points have been against teams in the top 6,
Mainly Kilmarnock and Hearts,

If Shankland starts v them and Killie are able to start their first 11 I'm confident they will drop points,

We scored 4 goals against them in 45 mins on Sunday even though one was chopped off,
Their defence is poor this season

For some reason I only see them dropping points at home, they won't lose but maybe a draw, I don't think they do too well facing a low block team, which the encounter at the hovel

Both teams will do well to take maximum points outside the OF Game imo

Leagues on a knife edge and why im still annoyed at Sunday’s result which i think would have given us 1 foot over the line

No said after we dropped points to Motherwell that whoever took a min 4pts out of those two games would win it and I can’t see that changing.

I think it will and I think the poets will be utterly shiting themselves in front of 60,000 rabid and angry mutants and we will get a result

Would absolutely love it if St Mirren rolled into their midden and stole a point.

For me both teams will drop points outside of the final old firm or both teams will win every game outside the obvious big one.

The statistic that not one team has ever won every game post split is incredible but I think you have to consider how often the winning league team has just took their foot of the gas. I can see us or them doing it this time.
I saw that posted on here the other day but it isn’t true. The mentally challengeds won every game post split in 2003 and 2008. Unsure if there are any other examples but they two spring to mind.

It’s in our hands. Yeah we need to go to parkhead ,but it’s not impossible for us to take at least a point there while we take care of the remainder of our fixtures.
Other than Gerrard’s title win, we usually like to take it to the wire :D

I don’t think we can afford to lose the game but I believe both us will drop points along the way. Massive tomorrow and Sunday
^This^
If we lose the last old firm game, that'll be the game that decided the league. We win it, it doesn't decide it but, sees us sitting very pretty. But, huge games to take care of before that.

Yep, agree there's a real chance points are dropped outside of the last Old Firm. Celtic in particular must be at least a bit apprehensive about both Hearts and Killie. I think they are going to go for the jugular against all these other teams and try to kill games early - I hope that they slip up in at least one by bursting themselves energy-wise without putting the game to bed.

Also expecting last minute goals galore. And honestly, I'm terrified of the outcome of this league being tilted their way by a VAR decision. We have to do everything in our power to not even let that be a factor.

The difference is once the split happens and top 6 are safe then the other 4 have nothing to play for. This means all out defending at every game just to spoil them and us, they have no desire to cross the halfway line.

Also the rhabids in the other teams will not try a bit to win if anything they will under perform.

The difference is once the split happens and top 6 are safe then the other 4 have nothing to play for. This means all out defending at every game just to spoil them and us, they have no desire to cross the halfway line.

Also the rhabids in the other teams will not try a bit to win if anything they will under perform.
Bit tinfoil hat here mate. Celtic fans in other teams will sacrifice thousands in win bonuses for them or their families wont try vs celtic? Professional footballers dont think like that. If you believed that then the same would surely apply to the rangers fans in these teams?

Maybe it's me being bias but I think they are more likely to falter than us. They are spluttering on despite, a few wins against the poorer sides doesn't convince me thyley will take 6 points from Killie and Hearts. I'm convinced they will drop more points in they 2 fixtures.

Make no mistakes, they are the ones clinging on at the minute.

Bit tinfoil hat here mate. Celtic fans in other teams will sacrifice thousands in win bonuses for them or their families wont try vs celtic? Professional footballers dont think like that. If you believed that then the same would surely apply to the rangers fans in these teams?
Do teams give a win bonus v the old firm? There's no monetary gain for them winning an old firm in isolation so I doubt they are paying a player thousands in bonuses.

Hopefully their arrogance at thinking its over bites them on the backside like it did on sunday.
I know we didnt win but they thought it was over at half time.
If they go into a couple of league games thinking they have already won, it could be interesting.

If we go into it 2 points clear then a win would see us end up champions I reckon. That’s a big “if” though.

Honestly...I think they are over their form dip and won't drop any more points outwith us.

Yeah they don’t have Ralston, Bernabei and Welsh at the back now. It’s going to make a difference.

Unfortunately, we can’t seem to get over our injury problems. We also have 5 away games and only 2 at Ibrox. It’s going to be very tough.

Do teams give a win bonus v the old firm? There's no monetary gain for them winning an old firm in isolation so I doubt they are paying a player thousands in bonuses.
Players get win bonuses for every game they win. And, as I said, surely if celtic fan players were going to do it for them then rangers fan players would do likewise.

Professionals honestly dont think like this. Id argue they potentially try harder vs the club the support. Think Sounness made that same point on numerous occasions too.

If we don't win the league our record v them will have had a massive say in it.

It is nigh on impossible to say Old Firm games don't influence where the league goes.

It will be significant, in that it is the only game that is guaranteed that one or both of us will drop points.

But ANY loss in our (or their) remaining games is just as bad as an old firm loss so long as the other side secure a win in their correspondong fixture.

If anything, the old firm could almost be seen as less important than the other fixtures, in that should we or them draw any other game it would be a huge blow, but both sides can afford to draw the last old firm and the title will still go down to the wire (as things stand). It is the only game remaining that theoretically a "win or draw" is acceptable to the fans, not just "must win" as with every other remaining gane... But we all know it's not quite as simple as that.

I really hope so because I doubt we will get anything at their dump! VAR and the ref will see to that! They will bottle it if it is a title decider!

They've dropped points against St Johnstone, Kilmarnock and Hearts at the piggery this season

edit... and Motherwell!
And they've taken 7 points from 9 against us this season, and haven't lost to us at Parkhead in over 4 years.

It's all on our players to prove they can cope with the piggery, not theirs.

They'll be playing for European football + additional prize money for their final league position. Admittedly Hearts look very secure indeed in 3rd place so they might not be playing for their lives in every game but every other team will be fighting for something.

If we want to win the league, we have to win every game IMO.

After tonight (assuming it happens) there are only 5 games outside of the Old Firm for each club. I’d imagine that if they had to do win 5 games to win the title then they would do it given their experience in winning titles and their consistency over the last three years.

I also think that if we win it then the title is ours. A draw and it’s most likely ours too.

If we win tonight its 2 points, if it stays that way until we play them and then they beat us its a 1 point advantage for them with 4 games to go.

I wouldn't be too comfortable with that lead if I was a tim, especially under Rodgers.

Some doom mongers said the league was over as they’d not drop points. Yet here we are, it’s in our hands.

A win on Saturday wouldn’t have guaranteed anything and neither does the draw. And neither does winning the water polo game. There’s far too many games to be played and ‘counting points’ before they’re won is incredibly naive.

Someone mentioned to me that neither team has ever won all of their post split games.
Anyone able to confirm?

Looks that way, can see both sides dropping points. Hopefully the only points we drop are a draw in the next Old Firm but can see them losing or drawing another

My lad uses numbers to predict outcomes. Did very well on Sunday with Tav and Rabbi scoring and over 5.5 goals.

I'm backing his prediction again tonight, got Rabbi to score and us 2-1 win. This has as much chance as anything else tonight. I'll post his details if he's wrong. :)

Next part to answer your question is the killer, he reckons 1-1 at Ross County in the 33rd game.

This will be offset by a 2-0 win at the piggery, which may well be the 36th game and us winning the League at the seasons end

I hope he's wrong after tonight and we win every game.

Players get win bonuses for every game they win. And, as I said, surely if celtic fan players were going to do it for them then rangers fan players would do likewise.

Professionals honestly dont think like this. Id argue they potentially try harder vs the club the support. Think Sounness made that same point on numerous occasions too.
To be clear I'm not questioning players integrity, I was just curious about how the win bonuses worked. I assumed that win bonuses were handed out for progression in tournaments, thus put money in to the funds.

To be clear I'm not questioning players integrity, I was just curious about how the win bonuses worked. I assumed that win bonuses were handed out for progression in tournaments, thus put money in to the funds.
Players get win bonuses for each game mate. It will obviously depend on the club what that amount is. There was a podcast on this with a young player who was saying it was 400 for a win but 1200 for a win vs the old firm. I can't recall the specifics as it was just a clip I head but that was the gist.

Back