Anyone got a spare £3.5K

I now own the item, really nice guy who was selling, he contacted the club a couple of weeks ago to give them first offer but not interested. Ill post some better pics after I pick it up tomorrow.:D:D:D
Well done moneybags. :p:p:D:D

:DWasn't even going to open the thread as I thought it was someone looking for a sub. Glad I did though and thanks for the heads up. Now going to persuade Mrs Earnger it was a good purchase.:(:cool:
Honesty might not be the best policy here. Cancel the holiday and come up with some cock and bull story about how you got ripped off by some African Prince in a pyramid selling scheme. :cool:

Last edited:
Well done earnger a brilliant piece of Rangers history but really surprised the club didn't snap this up for the trophy room

[="earnger, post: 742326, member: 3181"]:DWasn't even going to open the thread as I thought it was someone looking for a sub. Glad I did though and thanks for the heads up. Now going to persuade Mrs Earnger it was a good purchase.:(:cool:[/QUOT
:DWasn't even going to open the thread as I thought it was someone looking for a sub. Glad I did though and thanks for the heads up. Now going to persuade Mrs Earnger it was a good purchase.:(:cool:
I'm delighted for you bro, just break it to the good lady gently, tell her you know someone in Saltcoats and it would be a good idea for a holiday this year, as we're a bit skint now:D:D:D

If I was fortunate enough to win this item then it would never be sold in my lifetime and would be passed on to my son. I would have no problem loaning it to our club to display in the Trophy room and hopefully later in the clubs museum. Wish me luck.
I knew youd be in for that mate.

Well done. A good home for a class item

I now own the item, really nice guy who was selling, he contacted the club a couple of weeks ago to give them first offer but not interested. Ill post some better pics after I pick it up tomorrow.:D:D:D

Excellent stuff fella!

How did you get on with the scaffolding and tools? :D

Would the whole squad have got a similar medal or is it unique?The Club must surely have at least one of them or if not refusing it is very strange.

Just seen this, but didn't have the necessary funds at the moment anyway, so I'm delighted it has gone to a good home.

Excellent piece of our history in safe hands, well done earnger.

I wouldn't have known it was for sale if it hadn't been for the OP. A bit of an impulse buy but couldn't resist. These things don't come up very often.
Well done Earnger. It never fails to amaze me the efforts we go to when something associated with The Rangers is involved.

Does anyone have an info on this? A friend of mine found it while clearing out an attic.
lS8JF2ZuJNgxwVe6Te5QAHh41sz0kuEic66mLqjzq3uKeRFUakaxfRl1RIl08UXxqn43QlKkOEnTlhiXEM3GFna_6UtmszdjFEFq-MxR_HdaiL6PGtuzOKoeK8QQHUybK73IpJ56O_QWCsgZuTC7bG0lChAN0pOuBlyi1x0udoxyTDk2M0dsdWSh3_veXfwbPWLMFpWLO8VYZH5Apyku6hOG-tnp8brWiyMg4pyjfl5r-Mfbw60CliTrVYmxreLScQXTaU73Z5aFV0uu4oErBvye3ar75gqBmtPQUT-y-MN979hCsFv2bJr0V8td7YCEh0q3ODlurDzHpGSNsWQxnMW77EMwy_3C9JSsR0H0tSqYEFzDvuE2ylRb04VaQPXy9OrZ4OgT9Gm_BgQX-Ph-iryzW0EiegmOo6NhFtsIvMqpsjdNyEXw7925ctOLZXYZl86mXmIrJOaIa7jwQcO3y7Gt2vgeCAIrw5rp4eODo0LFoxhFyXnAgTIwkl3IKFTAkqd7CYCtMpUZgEq-_0X6Wxpew5cApBgea399sVMoaYI7eD7bIAuD-xkYvsY1ReY4db5V_FMPBST5oDa8v1ZUvMvCLf66cYUSow=w441-h588-no
WK40gqcYypjnMehK57eb5oBH59fksaPkz2YLwy7rJTbp3CeJoCckcA65naD7Xf5MCEFapebLmZQS7ukLJIAr9tx9buXHdklVRic2rfTUIsXr0E1Hd-fTbc_N9L2ytFpOYse_LrpEuvlUQslVd7GAxPiZ__ZwIGVBooPq5urozptyzJtlbAGQbkstdftdXZypqI1967EJva4AKRLPR0m4y6VWxAqo9Vss5Z_zih-KkgJgjJ0SyBcCX7Ier2d030muve7m6vqfcwQ8OoX_ayMYTCyQxt_JRV2a8mBBaYVRV0EqEZ2s6hP0xU1C_zGd0VXkZH8HJZPK9Xgvvmb1RFE5R8TnB4FHd6iy5rMfpnVbWe2RZYCL6YMlKHyMD9dwcfLAdh_mazn-t95i0t2JVkxavIZTXOBSa9LC6-1zXbUrzih1UbBThc578JCAWH7doJ8qoqLT7ryWaTvXaECIvfDLox2fgfDDhV_y8n8_Gc4I_eWSPZz1cZhTSh3eODkbu2Llki-Dwd4PV_IxY_1mJaNN_HE60ouqRJbGgn18-fHK82RF43cscQetR7fVttwuZ-q0gLMUgx46IltVZAo4oherCkGL8P2Tczk29g=w785-h588-no

A cherished real piece of major RFC history going to a real Rangers fan.

Who wants to keep it in his family.

Who will lend it to the club for display.

Amazing. Something to be celebrated probably more than a goal last night.

Well done earnger.
I don’t think we have to tell you what your avatar should be eh?

Seen this on ebay, jeez i wish i had the cash for it

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/stunning...215466?hash=item3f9108d7aa:g:u7IAAOSwJc9aU06J

This 9ct gold and enamel medal offers you the chance to own a unique piece of Rangers history. It was awarded to midfielder Andrew Sharp after Rangers won the 1898-99 Scottish league with a 100 percent record, winning all 18 league games. This is the only occasion such a fete has been achieved. It comes in its original fitted presentation case and is one of the rarest pieces of Rangers history available. Items like this do not get offered very often. There is a buy it now price it you want to avoid the auction process. The medal is also advertised elsewhere so I reserve the right to end the auction. I will post only to the UK with adequate insurance costs that will need a signature. Collection in person is available as is personal delivery if close enough for expenses cost from east Scotland. Happy bidding and good luck. Any questions please don't hesitate.

2q1gi1x.jpg

This is freaky, I'm sure I've seen this medal before, in fact held it in my hands. I owned a computer shop in South Africa early 2000 and this bloke came into the shop and we got chatting. I told him I supported Rangers and he told me he had a medal he was given by a family member. The next day he brought it into my shop.

Well done Earnger on getting a great piece of club history. Would be interesting to find out how many of these were medals were made and given out at the time. Would be nice to find out some information on the player who received it also.

A cherished real piece of major RFC history going to a real Rangers fan.

Who wants to keep it in his family.

Who will lend it to the club for display.

Amazing. Something to be celebrated probably more than a goal last night.

Well done earnger.
I don’t think we have to tell you what your avatar should be eh?
Would love it as my avatar but I am useless at that kind of thing I'm afraid.

Well done Earnger on getting a great piece of club history. Would be interesting to find out how many of these were medals were made and given out at the time. Would be nice to find out some information on the player who received it also.
I'm going to try do a bit of digging and see if I can find out about the player himself.

Even allowing for the Jason Cummings news this is the best thing I've read all night. THANK YOU!!!

Reading the first posts on here I was going to spend the money on it.
A wee bit gutted to read further and see it's gone.
Well done to you though, what a fùcking amazing item to own.

Did you see the following info in the previous link from the sale at Christie’s in 2001.

The above medal was awarded to Andrew Sharp. Rangers won the 1898-99 Scottish League Championship this season with 36 points, Hearts being runners-up on 26

Andrew Sharp played only a handful of games for Rangers in season 1898-99. However, these appearances included four in the League Championship, scoring three goals. Sharp played inside-forward for Rangers on an infrequent basis from season 1897-98 to 1901-02, mostly in Inter-City League matches and friendlies and made a total of 33 appearances for the club

Wee eevie is going to boot your stones

What a great piece of Rangers history to own, well done @earnger. It makes you wonder how many items like this are out there that are lying in attics or cupboards. For example, it would be interesting to know if all the medals for that season are accounted for. It would be very difficult to find out I suppose.

That is absolutely fantastic mate, well done.

As an aside, it is utterly shameful that the club were not interested in buying this, disgusting in fact.

Did you see the following info in the previous link from the sale at Christie’s in 2001.

The above medal was awarded to Andrew Sharp. Rangers won the 1898-99 Scottish League Championship this season with 36 points, Hearts being runners-up on 26

Andrew Sharp played only a handful of games for Rangers in season 1898-99. However, these appearances included four in the League Championship, scoring three goals. Sharp played inside-forward for Rangers on an infrequent basis from season 1897-98 to 1901-02, mostly in Inter-City League matches and friendlies and made a total of 33 appearances for the club

3 in 4 from infrequent appearences He sounds like the Pena of his day)

Well done, sir.

Cracking piece of history, it'll be added to an already great collection. Great stuff Earnger.

Back