Anyone miss the flight home?

Anyone know if you can get compensation from Ryanair for a 4 hour delay. Yesterday in Bildun airport was brutal but happy to be home without shelling out!
Depends on the reason for the delay but in theory yes if you landed more than 4 hours late you could be eligible for compensation.

I made it back to Livorno yesterday but got my Ryanair flight to London for this morning cancelled yesterday evening so not making the cup final anymore ! :mad:

We’re still in Spain till tomorrow morning due to our transport to airport not turning up/cancelling for our flight from faro flight to Bristol then driving back from Bristol so going to miss the football tomorrow.

I missed my return Marshall Travel flight .
Got back to the airport in plenty of time despite our transfer not showing up , decided to go for a snooze then woke up 10 minutes before departure , horrible little cow at check in fucked me off despite the plane not having departed!
Big thanks to the guy who was running the second travel bank flight who got me on that or I was struggling

Was on the Marshall charter and there was a five empty seats beside us on the return flight. It was a nightmare trying to get a taxi after the game and there was no buses we could find. Must have been a sickening feeling waking up realising you had missed your flight with nothing but what you were stood in. Hopefully everyone made it home safely.

Reading these stories just co firm that I made the right choice not to go
Feel sorry for everyone involved freaking horrible feeling just wanting to get home

I hope the ill informed who slagged off supporters for leaving the ground at the end of the penalties read this and understand the magnitude of the chaos in Seville after the game, trying to get any form of transport back to airports.

Agree but I think those were just people without tickets who were venting about it focusing on the wrong targets.

Seville was a nice place to visit but for me it didn’t have the infrastructure to accommodate a major European final. Accommodation was scarce, we stayed 20 mins outside of the city, and transport infrastructure to and from was non-existent.

Hope all bears currently making their way back manage to do it safely.

Waiting at seville Airport now and Gatwick flight delayed. Remains to be seen if it gets there in time for connection to Edinburgh

Some nightmare stories but hope everyone gets home safely.

Still in Benalmadena got flight from Malaga to Aberdeen tomorrow morning, hopefully everything goes to.plan and we are back in time for the SC final.

Planning to get there really early so will have to be sensible with the beer today.

Got back to London no probs then on my way from Southend to Gatwick airport some poor bugger got hit by the train so missed my next flight..!

Must have been a few that missed last nights Malaga to Glasgow, it was sold out so took them til the boarding gate closer to upgrade my standby ticket to a confirmed one

Sadly can’t pass on my booked return flights to help anyone else out, but it saved me another night in Spain after disappointment

Tbh I booked the late trains and flights from Seville to Madrid & London Heathrow due to the fear of missing early ones. Cost us an extra night in London, but less stress.

On the final part at the moment back up the road via train. Arrive home at half 8 tonight and then its up early and off to Glasgow for cup final tomorrow B-D

Guy next to me on the plane was one of the 3 I think that didn’t make the Barrhead Travel first flight back. Hope he got the next one.
Taxis etc were a nightmare as predicted.
We managed to get an Uber. Cost us 16 euro and I gave the guy 40 cos I was so relieved at getting to airport in time.
Then I log on FF in the morning and numerous threads slagging the fans.
Aye nae bother.

I slept at the bus station on Wednesday night.

Then first bus to huelva up to the hotel get bags quick shower taxi to faro, flight to Dublin, 3 hours in Dublin airport, flight to Liverpool then drive home.

Our flight to Gatwick from Faro delayed 2.5 hrs which meant it was really tight to get the last train up the road, then coming into land the pilot threw the power back on (was coming in too fast) so another 20 mins lost, made the last train up the road by 3 mins:D
We were staying in Villamoura so the big worry was our lift back after the game, all went reasonably well as we were split up, us in the beam back and others at the game, Google maps a godsend.
Must've been on the same flight. I'm a nervous flyer at the best of time and that incident hasn't helped!

Our travel home went ok but how we got from Seville to Gibraltar in the taxi from hell. Driver was on a death wish then 2 pricks at the desk in the Holiday Inn Express wouldn't let us book a room for a few hours or order food but we could sleep in the reception chairs. Got to Gib airport and flight delayed with huge queues at cafe. Eventually into Glasgow via Bristol at 6, bed for 7.

Up at soft play in EK with the waine this morning and it was absolute hell on earth.

Roll on tomorrow at 3pm then work for 3 weeks on Monday to give the bank account and liver a rest.

Remember you can claim back government taxes on unused/missed flights.
Policy will differ by airline but might get something back.

Some nightmare stories on this, safe travels to all still en route. We got very lucky with zero delays on Easyjet’s return Gatwick to Seville flights over Wednesday and Thursday. Thought our planned ‘24 hours in Seville’ would end up a lot longer, but fair play to them.

I’m headed back to the family home with BA’s Heathrow to Glasgow tonight, will keep an eye out for anyone still in transit.

We’re hopefully on our last night in Spain tonight , flight to Bristol tomorrow morning then driving back up the road.

CTM flight 1 was pretty flawless. 30 minutes late taking off from Glasgow but everything else was great. Bus number 2 from stadium up to Malaga and first bus into an empty airport. Strolled through passport control and didn't wait long to be bussed to the plane and take off.

Got home with a cuppa tea at 7am the morning after the match. Pretty good going.

Feel sorry for folk held up as I was a burst baw and slept till 5pm.

Only thing not delivered was the second complimentary beer stopped getting served a few rows in front but someone was having medical treatment at the back of the plane and the stewards were assisting so perfectly understandable.

Was on one of the Vueling flights back to Glasgow yesterday.

Booked into the wee vip lounge bit. Flight said it was scheduled to go just after 4 so was just sitting speaking away to a couple of other bears in there.

I just happened to have a look at the board when I got up to go and get a bottle of water out the fridge and it had went from not even showing as boarding when I last looked five minutes before to last call. Had I not got up for a drink I could quite easily have missed it along with a few others.

Still in Romania just now , flight delayed an hr , hopefully just an hr

Need home now - fecked

CTM flight 1 was pretty flawless. 30 minutes late taking off from Glasgow but everything else was great. Bus number 2 from stadium up to Malaga and first bus into an empty airport. Strolled through passport control and didn't wait long to be bussed to the plane and take off.

Got home with a cuppa tea at 7am the morning after the match. Pretty good going.

Feel sorry for folk held up as I was a burst baw and slept till 5pm.

Only thing not delivered was the second complimentary beer stopped getting served a few rows in front but someone was having medical treatment at the back of the plane and the stewards were assisting so perfectly understandable.
That was what I was on, I think I was pretty lucky with how smoothly it went, up at 1am for a 5am flight and getting in the door at 7.30am the next morning was quite a journey, I would use them again.

Plenty of bears all stranded last night in Faro. 11pm flight to Bristol cancelled as we were about to board the plane.

All put up in a 5 star hotel last night and told to wait for EasyJet to contact us, to all be told today we would need to make our own arrangements to get home.

No availability for any EasyJet flights to the U.K. until Saturday night, which means we would’ve missed the cup final.

2 of us booked Faro to Shannon then to London with the train home first thing tomorrow to catch the game. Going to try claim it back from EasyJet as the customer service rep told me it can be done.

Absolute mess and EasyJet have been hopeless throughout.

Easy Jet flight from Palma to Belfast delayed 2.5hrs. Lot of bears have missed their connecting flight to Glasgow.

EasyJet flight to Glasgow in the morning is sold out and we have had to pay £200 each for a Flybe flight from Belfast to Glasgow at 10.55 tomorrow morning. Also £200 for a room for 3 at the airport.

Couldn't for the life of me find the CTM coaches, searched up and down the street they were supposed to be on umpteen times following Google maps. Finished up getting a taxi to Malaga airport with 2 other bears, one who was with barrhead travel, cost €400 between us. Got to airport just as the last few for Flight 1 were being checked in. Turns out the coaches were moved onto another street by police.

Last edited:
Finally in bed after leaving my hotel in Faro at 8am this morning, 12 hour sleep ahead without a doubt.

I was very lucky with all my travel, flights and trains all on time.

Only clusterfcuk was my choice of hotel in Paris at Orly airport. 1 mile as the crow flies but I can’t fly. 1 hour 20 trudging round motorways and across slip roads at midnight. Receptionist had never known anyone walk it before.

Overwhelming sense of pride at the effort made by everyone to get there by any means necessary.

Couldn't for the life of me find the CTM coaches, searched up and down the street they were supposed to be on umpteen times following Google maps. Finished up getting a taxi to Malaga airport with 2 other bears, one who was with barrhead travel, cost €400 between us. Got to airport just as the last few for Flight 1 were being checked in. Turns out the coaches were moved onto another street by police.
Was plenty CTM staff mate telling us where to go. Like you I never knew but found it easily

Back