Anyone think we'll try to move Helander on?

The difficulty will be finding a buyer for him given his injury record. When fully fit he’s a very good defender but he’s made of glass. Everyone will know that so we won’t get much of a fee for him.

Will we try to move him on….? Possibly!

But who would want to take a punt on a 30 yr old injury prone centre half?

Even moreso if a fee were to be involved.

Sadly yes, a top defender but has had some terrible luck with injuries, like the last one, just back from previous injury and someone stands on his foot!

Imo club should look to move more than him on.

Roofe Aribo don’t renew Balogun either for me.

Burst the bank to keep Kent and Morelos even one last go at Goldson.

If a decent offer comes in we have to sell! Can't see it though, quality player when fit the problem is, that's not that often

I’d be looking to move all our injurie probe players on as good as they are there’s a decent number of players who can’t be trusted to play consecutive games

Was Gerrard not interest in taking him?

Probably just paper talk but it does make you think he could do well somewhere that there’s not as many games.

I think he's a cracking defender when fit and up to speed but I think his time is up with us.

Same as Balogun and Roofe we can't keep carrying players who are persistently injured.

Very similar situation to Joachim Bjorkland.
Excellent defender but because of continuing fitness problems was with several clubs but at none for very long. Seem to recall him being at Rangers for about 18 months. Feel that we will let Helander leave, if there’s a suitable offer

If anyone makes a fair offer for him I can't see us being too difficult to deal with tbh.

Same with Roofe.

Really would be a worry going into next season with Helander, Souttar and Balogun as 3 of the options for CB! King hopefully will be able to step up and play a part!

We won’t be able to get a fee for him, and to be honest we may need to pay him to release. I’d keep him as a backup. He’s still a phenomenal player when fit.

Really would be a worry going into next season with Helander, Souttar and Balogun as 3 of the options for CB! King hopefully will be able to step up and play a part!
I don’t know, that’s three excellent players who won’t all be out injured the same time, and Bassey at the other.

I suppose once recovered from injury he would hopefully pass a medical with another club. There are injury prone players in every league. Someone will take him. We should aim to move him on.

One I think we need to move on somehow, one of those we cannot rely on

Ramsey obviously away, Helander should be moved on as should Roofe to be honest

Really like Helander but just never fit long enough

I don’t know, that’s three excellent players who won’t all be out injured the same time, and Bassey at the other.
All three have the ability mate, no doubt about that! Can't believe i forgot about Bassey!!!!! Another reason Goldson will be hard to replace, not just his ability but the fact he was never injured or suspended!

Hopefully someone takes him off ours hands. We can't have Helander, Souttar and Balogun as CB choices.

If Gio could tell Wilson that he doesn't want him to sign anymore injury prone players that would be good too. They are no use to us when they can't play.

He needs to play in a league where they tickle rather than tackle. If we can get a combined 8 million for Roofe and Helander I'd bite the hand.

Oddly enough, the emergence of Bassey may suit Helander as we will be able to control his game time as there won’t be the pressure to play him.

Let’s be honest, nobody wants a player with his injury history and he won’t get a better club than Rangers.

He’s a good defender on his day

Being a left sided centre back I think we will be able to shift him quite easily despite his injury record.

He won’t play again for us, whether that be through injury or us selling him for a nominal fee, which it would be because of his injuries. If no one comes in for him we will just let his contract run down I reckon

Only a year left on his contract may as well pay him half his money to go. He won't play again. For minutes played it's been a poor signing, despite a good few games I accept

We can’t get rid of everyone and neither should we. Helander is an excellent player who has had bad luck with injuries. If he’s fit he’s the best centre half in the country, I don’t think you just discard that level of player.

Some players will move on this summer but don’t think we need to be getting rid of the majority of the squad. We absolutely need freshness, particularly in the forward areas but we still have very good players who will benefit from having some new quality additions around the place.

Back