Arbroath top of the championship

The only condescending tone is yours towards Arbroath, a part time working class wee club.

The only people with negative views on that tend to be gimps that barely go to games.

That condescending elitist attitude from those who go to games and those, for a wide variety of reasons who can't attend, will sadly never go away.

If they were to come up then we better not get sent there on a Monday night during the winter again :D

Their stadium is a shithole and they don't have much of a home support. We're already struggling to sell out game with the shite on offer without adding another one to the ranks.

Their stadium is a shithole and they don't have much of a home support. We're already struggling to sell out game with the shite on offer without adding another one to the ranks.
The stadium is a superb old fashioned terraced stadium, far better than most boring new stadiums.

The championships batshit mental. Arbroath joint top. Accies beat Inverness today, killie and thistle in 4th and 5th with 1 or 2 points separating the relegation places.
If there's a team in that division that makes a late push and goes on a run it's them. I hope arbroath do it though it would be a he'll of an achievement if not then then I'd like raith to go up ad it would be a good change rather than than an Inverness or a Hamilton going up

If there's a team in that division that makes a late push and goes on a run it's them. I hope arbroath do it though it would be a he'll of an achievement if not then then I'd like raith to go up ad it would be a good change rather than than an Inverness or a Hamilton going up
Dick campbells a brilliant character as well. Sadly can’t see Arbroath but it’s impossible to call. Killie get their next manager right I’d guess them but other than that? %^*& knows

Dick campbells a brilliant character as well. Sadly can’t see Arbroath but it’s impossible to call. Killie get their next manager right I’d guess them but other than that? %^*& knows
I don't think arbroath will have enough to get them over the line. I don't know about killie they look done already they had a decent enough manager and he couldn't get them going. If I was picking one I'd pick Partick they have a manager who is very good at that level

Dick Campbell is a lower league legend. His record for promotions in crazy.

He is now in his late 60s. Still managing Arbroath - as well as his recruitment company.

The type of manager players would run through brick walls for.

There is zero pressure on him. He doesn't have to do it - and can walk away any time he likes. Not a bad life to have.

What an end to a career it would be if he could get Arbroath into the top flight...

I don't think arbroath will have enough to get them over the line. I don't know about killie they look done already they had a decent enough manager and he couldn't get them going. If I was picking one I'd pick Partick they have a manager who is very good at that level
The whole Kilmarnock approach under Wright was a shambles.

A decent, tactically astute coach would have them in front.

He’s not really, although he would probably favour us over them. His late brother Pete was staunch as is his brother Dunc but Dick and Ian are Pars men

One of Dicks sons and one of Ian’s sons are Tims but the wider family are bears no doubt
Seen him speak at a doo with Bomber in Ayr. Seemed staunch.

Come on Arbroath.

Is it a build in mechanism that allows your brain to blank out the word hopefully from my post or did you just not read it correctly?
Not at all. I am just questioning your "imagination" regarding ground sharing with Dundee United.

Did you also imagine the talks between the club and the alternatives offered by Dundee and Raith Rovers etc. or did you just let your imagination go crazy?

Did your "hopeful" promotion of Arbroath precede or follow your dream induced "imagined" ground sharing arrangement?

Remember being there in the 70s, haar came in and you could see sweet FA.

It’s anybody’s guess mate, interesting anyway!

Arbroath competing with the big boys.

Yes, seen it before, why not?

Lot of cannon fodder in our league, Arbroath might bring some sunshine before duncaster is eventually thrown out.

Follow followed our team up to Arbroath for league games in the 70's and we were also on the end of a 4-1 defeat at Ibrox against them then too.

A guy called Derek Rylance scored 2 or 3 that night.

Follow followed our team up to Arbroath for league games in the 70's and we were also on the end of a 4-1 defeat at Ibrox against them then too.

A guy called Derek Rylance scored 2 or 3 that night.

He’s not really, although he would probably favour us over them. His late brother Pete was staunch as is his brother Dunc but Dick and Ian are Pars men

One of Dicks sons and one of Ian’s sons are Tims but the wider family are bears no doubt
I love this place. There was someone the other day saying they sat next to him at Villareal and he was giving it the sash in the boozer after the game.

Love to see them go up.
For those who think they would bring down the level, the grounds not up to standard etc... the beauty of football is every now and again , smaller clubs like Arbroath make it through to the top league.
If you just want to play clubs with decent stadiums , full time players.etc.. close the fuckin doors to the Premier League... no relegation .. see how that works out.
If they go up it's on merit and what they've done on the pitch.

Love to see them go up.
For those who think they would bring down the level, the grounds not up to standard etc... the beauty of football is every now and again , smaller clubs like Arbroath make it through to the top league.
If you just want to play clubs with decent stadiums , full time players.etc.. close the fuckin doors to the Premier League... no relegation .. see how that works out.
If they go up it's on merit and what they've done on the pitch.
They've won %^*& all!

Back