Arch hypocrite Sturgeon

John Swinney is an absolute imbecile.

He was the one that when put on the spot about children’s education sh@t the bed and went against everything that had been agreed about the reopening of schools.

It was agreed schools wouldnt go back full time other arrangements were in place. Classrooms were set up with a reduction of desks. Interestingly his pal on the Recovery Group, and Head Teacher of a large local secondary school had his school set up accordingly.

Following Swinney’s complete change said Head Teacher was left having to get desks back out of storage and was left to build tables himself to try and get his school opened within days.

Due to their hashed attempts at forcing schools to reopen at full capacity meant young adults and teachers were openly mixing in their hundreds in confined areas with no social distancing or masks.

The returning of schools and the SNP approach was the biggest spreader of the virus within the country. Despite multiple cases of pupils and staff in schools they were forced to remain open.

The SNP’s policies on this contributed to the virus spreading like wildfire, any deaths because of this is on them.

You spread the virus more than any football fans in this country could Swinney you clown.

I mean. Every political party is condemning it. Is anyone surprised?!?! What has happened is against regs. Many rangers fans ourselves haven't gone out and gone mental for that precise reason - Lord knows if we had had free reign it would have been 100x bigger!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not begrudging those who have. 55 means a huge amount, and non-sports fans won't get just how much in truely means. But anyone going out for gatherings at Ibrox and George Square knew what they were doing and precisely how the mhedia were going to portray it.

I've just seen Lib Dems Willie Rennie pointedly blaming the club and our 'silence' for it all, the players for running over to fans in the corner, and how it wasn't a police Scotland issue, so let's not go pretending this is a SNP thing. They, being the ones in government are the only ones who HAVE to say something about it. Show me a political party who isn't giving those (notably no-one has used the staple 'small minority' of) fans a bollocking. They will all condemn it, and you know what, that's a fair cop. Turns out hundreds of folk can't have an all day rager in the centre of Glasgow during a global pandemic caused Lockdown without drawing attention to yourselves. The government arnt being unreasonable by condemning it- that's why there is wide spread political agreement on the issue!

I've always been vocal as a pro-indie bear, and I will continue to not confuse my political decision with the football team I support.

But let's not get into that. This is a spectacular weekend and I hope we all enjoy it. We were always going to go nuts, they were always going to bad mouth us for it. Who's surprised? No one. Who's still flippin extatic, every bear around the globe!
I mean. Every political party is condemning it. Is anyone surprised?!?! What has happened is against regs. Many rangers fans ourselves haven't gone out and gone mental for that precise reason - Lord knows if we had had free reign it would have been 100x bigger!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not begrudging those who have. 55 means a huge amount, and non-sports fans won't get just how much in truely means. But anyone going out for gatherings at Ibrox and George Square knew what they were doing and precisely how the mhedia were going to portray it.

I've just seen Lib Dems Willie Rennie pointedly blaming the club and our 'silence' for it all, the players for running over to fans in the corner, and how it wasn't a police Scotland issue, so let's not go pretending this is a SNP thing. They, being the ones in government are the only ones who HAVE to say something about it. Show me a political party who isn't giving those (notably no-one has used the staple 'small minority' of) fans a bollocking. They will all condemn it, and you know what, that's a fair cop. Turns out hundreds of folk can't have an all day rager in the centre of Glasgow during a global pandemic caused Lockdown without drawing attention to yourselves. The government arnt being unreasonable by condemning it- that's why there is wide spread political agreement on the issue!

I've always been vocal as a pro-indie bear, and I will continue to not confuse my political decision with the football team I support.

But let's not get into that. This is a spectacular weekend and I hope we all enjoy it. We were always going to go nuts, they were always going to bad mouth us for it. Who's surprised? No one. Who's still flippin extatic, every bear around the globe!
I’ve never been one to say you can’t be a bear if you support independence. I think it’s a dreadful notion personally but we’re a broad church and each to their own.

That said, your specific points don’t hold. Nobody is expecting praise for rule breaches but is it really too much to expect the same treatment as everybody else?

Nicola Sturgeon brought us into it when they actually rioted at the pig pen rather than just condemning them. Nothing was then said as those protests continued week in week out or when they turned up at Hampden for the made up cup final or when St J fans celebrated their cup Victory. Neither was there any condemnation of the BLM marches or Indy marches. That’s all predictable but nobody, not even the most ardent nationalist, can say it’s even handed.

We have Swinney lying today about the club’s ‘silence’ when the club actually engaged with them and even issued a warning through the gaffer. Even if there had been silence what did the SNP say about the silence of the filth and St J? What did they say about people in their own party actively organising demonstrations? Nothing.

Over the weekend we also had the so-called Justice Minister claiming that the demonstrations put Euro games at Hampden in jeopardy. The dogs in the street know the reason the games are in jeopardy is because sturgeon won’t give an assurance that fans will get in. It’s just another barefaced lie to hurt Rangers.

Rather than argue it’s all just to be expected, Rangers-supporting Nats like yourself would be best asking your party why double-standards are being applied. Any Rangers fan who doesn’t support them is characterised as a bigot to be ignored so you might have more success in seeing the issue addressed.

Google it, you wont find anything, but sometimes things are obvious by their omission.

Check the statement at the bottom of the page.

"Some results may have been removed under data protection law in Europe."
Aw well its true then. 100%:D:D:D

BLM Marches/Protests
Scum at Sharkhead
Scum at Hampden
St Johnstone fans last week

Most importantly, no criticism of footballers being attacked by Hibs fans at their work in 2016.

Schotland 2021.
The 2016 SC final always get's on my goat Grigo.
I was there - I literally witnessed what happened and the general lack of condemnation of what was an assault on Rangers players and fans still absolutely boggles my mind 5 years later.
If it was the other way round you can bet your last quid that they would have sent us to the gallows for it and the club would have been heavily penalised.

Anyway....55 titles....get it up them.

i really would love to hear your thoughts on sturgeon removing the union flag from holyrood and replacing it with the EU rag , Is this really someone who we should hand over full control of scotland to.Rangers moto is everyone anyone , this clearly isnt a view of the NSP

I’ve never been one to say you can’t be a bear if you support independence. I think it’s a dreadful notion personally but we’re a broad church and each to their own.

That said, your specific points don’t hold. Nobody is expecting praise for rule breaches but is it really too much to expect the same treatment as everybody else?

Nicola Sturgeon brought us into it when they actually rioted at the pig pen rather than just condemning them. Nothing was then said as those protests continued week in week out or when they turned up at Hampden for the made up cup final or when St J fans celebrated their cup Victory. Neither was there any condemnation of the BLM marches or Indy marches. That’s all predictable but nobody, not even the most ardent nationalist, can say it’s even handed.

We have Swinney lying today about the club’s ‘silence’ when the club actually engaged with them and even issued a warning through the gaffer. Even if there had been silence what did the SNP say about the silence of the filth and St J? What did they say about people in their own party actively organising demonstrations? Nothing.

Over the weekend we also had the so-called Justice Minister claiming that the demonstrations put Euro games at Hampden in jeopardy. The dogs in the street know the reason the games are in jeopardy is because sturgeon won’t give an assurance that fans will get in. It’s just another barefaced lie to hurt Rangers.

Rather than argue it’s all just to be expected, Rangers-supporting Nats like yourself would be best asking your party why double-standards are being applied. Any Rangers fan who doesn’t support them is characterised as a bigot to be ignored so you might have more success in seeing the issue addressed.
This is a case study in whataboutery. We've had a great weekend during a global pandemic with lenient policing. They were lenient with Celtic, they were lenient with St Johnstone, same down south with Leeds and Liverpool.

After a two day party they're putting out the political equivalent of 'alright don't rip the arse out of it'.

We've got two months to enjoy the sun coming out as champions, the Europa League and go for a double. Just enjoy it, there's no anti rangers conspiracy.

I am not joking when I compare a Rangers supporter who votes SNP to a Jew who voted for the NSDAP in its early days.
Later on, when the repercussions of that particular Nazi Party came to light, you probably couldn't find a Jew who would have admitted their previous support, but there would have been a few who had been stupid enough to do so in the early days.

Before anyone says, oh don't be so dramatic, what happened back then could never happen in Scotland, they should ask themselves if they would be prepared to confidently out themselves in a government job interview, as a fervent Unionists?

There will be other areas of life that the SNP have influential people in control of that which will impact on the Unionist community.
We have already seen the GCC in action in regard to Rangers.

Anyone who believes that Scotland has a free impartial and inquisitive press hasn't been watching.
As for the Justice system already there is evidence it has been compromised.
This may be small beer at the moment, but then Hitler didn't start by putting Jews into camps!

Scottish Nationalism is not a force for good and there is little chance that it will end well.

Last edited:

Your prerogative in what you believe in, my problem and I suspect for many others is the aggressive nature of the calling out people who dont believe in it as traitors and not true scots.

It's unfair and it's an aggressive policy which doesnt help their cause. Show a bit of humility, try and show us and explain to us that it would be better for all our futures.

Right now with their policy of anti british and downright hateful agenda is threatening to many people and instead of having a decent debate, it has descended into a dangerous division in a once fairly united country.

This is a case study in whataboutery. We've had a great weekend during a global pandemic with lenient policing. They were lenient with Celtic, they were lenient with St Johnstone, same down south with Leeds and Liverpool.

After a two day party they're putting out the political equivalent of 'alright don't rip the arse out of it'.

We've got two months to enjoy the sun coming out as champions, the Europa League and go for a double. Just enjoy it, there's no anti rangers conspiracy.
I am enjoying it mate. There’s nothing anybody in the SNP can say that will detract from my joy so rest easy.

I didn’t say conspiracy, I said double standards. ‘Whataboutery’ is the classic defensive response whenever a Rangers supporter highlights such double standards. A pity it’s also yours.

Do tell more??
Bought a house up there ( near Terry Butchers old hotel) and supposedly has some French diplomat shacked up there periodically for a bit of mutual muffing. Hubby knows but doesn't give a fuuck cos he ain't slipping her one (and who can blame him)- hes just happy getting free housing in a nice bit of Embra and a cushy six fig salary for doing fuuck all.

Last edited:
The 2016 SC final always get's on my goat Grigo.
I was there - I literally witnessed what happened and the general lack of condemnation of what was an assault on Rangers players and fans still absolutely boggles my mind 5 years later.
If it was the other way round you can bet your last quid that they would have sent us to the gallows for it and the club would have been heavily penalised.

Anyway....55 titles....get it up them.

Absolutely agree RBOTR.

I was there too that day & it was a scandal.

I was in the back of the North West Stand. An absolute joke the response to that, with big Petrie of Hibs I’m sure an influence on the SFA outcome.

they should ask themselves if they would be prepared to confidently out themselves in a government job interview, as a fervent Unionists?
I'm genuinely interested in what context you think this would be an appropriate thing to say in an interview (and for what position)?

Well I'm going to confuse the issue.

I don't want anyone like you and your ilk near Ibrox.

As for the so called reasonable Gov't? What did they have to say about the filth, the sharks and assaulting of police at the scum hut?

Absolutely agree RBOTR.

I was there too that day & it was a scandal.

I was in the back of the North West Stand. An absolute joke the response to that, with big Petrie of Hibs I’m sure an influence on the SFA outcome.
Bang on. I was behind the goal about 15 rows up and just stood watching in absolute disbelief at what I was seeing. I honestly contemplated going on to the park to defend our players but sense got the better of me. If the Hibs fans had ran on and celebrated with their team I could just about swallow that but they ran straight for our players and fans and completely provoked a clash on the pitch....then got away with it as it was labelled as 'exuberance'. Aye no bother Petrie, absolute rodent.

Bang on. I was behind the goal about 15 rows up and just stood watching in absolute disbelief at what I was seeing. I honestly contemplated going on to the park to defend our players but sense got the better of me. If the Hibs fans had ran on and celebrated with their team I could just about swallow that but they ran straight for our players and fans and completely provoked a clash on the pitch....then got away with it as it was labelled as 'exuberance'. Aye no bother Petrie, absolute rodent.

It was a scandal, and Sturgeon tweeted congratulating Hibs, but not criticising their fans deplorable behaviour.

My recollection is that in the days afterwards she was pushed by the press about their fans & said ‘of course, I detest all bad behaviour’ so still unwilling to adopt anything like the approach we have seen in the last 24 hours.

I am enjoying it mate. There’s nothing anybody in the SNP can say that will detract from my joy so rest easy.

I didn’t say conspiracy, I said double standards. ‘Whataboutery’ is the classic defensive response whenever a Rangers supporter highlights such double standards. A pity it’s also yours.
Of course it won't, and shouldn't.

It's not defensive though, it's the opposite. We shouldn't be looking at others to determine what we can get away with. The celebrations of the last two days were an understanable emotional release but ultimately against the law. We expected criticism, we got criticism, probably deserved a bit of criticism... *shrugs* no biggie, on to Slavia

Everyone is entitled to their own views and opinions, which I respect however the traditions and values our club was built on do not align with those of the SNP in any way shape or form.

The country had the chance to become independent....it voted NO...move on.

Didnt Willie Rennie say these things as its been brought up? Can't say haven't seen it.

BLM, Independence parades, weeks of mentally challenged riots, mentally challengeds at Hampden and St.Johnstone last week. These are things thats reasonably acceptable or not so bad according to the SNP but you agree with the SNP having a dog at our club and telling lies about them before using terms such as disgraceful for how we celebrated?

It was a scandal, and Sturgeon tweeted congratulating Hibs, but not criticising their fans deplorable behaviour.

My recollection is that in the days afterwards she was pushed by the press about their fans & said ‘of course, I detest all bad behaviour’ so still unwilling to adopt anything like the approach we have seen in the last 24 hours.
Can even remember there was a story about Rangers fans blocking the police outside the ground when they were reacting to what had happened inside the ground...which was proven to be absolute nonsense...

Nothing the Rangers fans ever do or say will be well received by an SNP led government...the vast majority of our fans support the Union...something that sets the SNP and it's followers off.

If the tainted 10 was secured in such record breaking fashion you can just imagine the scenes that would have followed and the political/media view on it....'it means everything to the fans, no-one can blame them for celebrating'...

I personally chose not to attend any gatherings at the weekend but I do not condemn anyone for doing so. The entire agenda from the SMSM and political side of things is to deflect away from the fact that Rangers, against all odds, have done something very very special this season...after all it was such a historic season as the referees told us pre-season...wasn't it?

I'm genuinely interested in what context you think this would be an appropriate thing to say in an interview (and for what position)?
You tell me?
I think that in an interview explicit questions need not be asked to elicit information about the candidate's profile.
I have a relative who works for Glasgow City Council and has done for a number of years and she openly admits that most of her colleagues are Roman Catholics, indeed she tells me it is rare to find anyone who isn't in her department.
I am sure no one was openly asked about their religion in the interview.
But perhaps you might know better?
I am open to having my mind changed.

I am interested that you seek to dismiss the possibility of nepotism inside jobs controlled by the SNP.
Perhaps you might expand on your knowledge of this fairly common allegation.

How do you balance what you want politically with wanting a successful Rangers?
The SNP, not the Conservatives, Labour or the LibDems, are the driving force here’s s not just on this subject.
Yousaf?
FFS, he openly hates Rangers.
I’m not going to suggest it’d be any better under another administration.
I believe it would but that’s not what this question as about.
Is it as simple as believing in Independence trumps everything else?
I’m genuinely interested.

Sturgeon and Swinney were warned by Willie Rennie of the Liberal party live on tv not to allow school pupils and uni students to return and they ignored him and what happened-- the numbers soared Both are fkn Hypocrites and liars.This is all about taking the news away from the Sturgeon and salmond case.Anyone who votes snp needs their heads examined.

All that would've been fair enough if there'd been some consistency from the SNP in particular but were was Sturgeons pearl clutching antics over the Lennon out riots, the mhanky mob at Hampden and the celebrations in Perth last week, what really drives her nuts is the fact that we're a massively pro Union support.

Strong rumour that she‘s a muff diver and there an interdict in force for reporting
Where do you see the Rangers supporting Unionist Community in an independent Scotland?

A, Reduced to second class citizen status?
B. Organised as a guerilla force fighting against that second class status?
C. Locked away in Sturgeon's gulags?

Asking for a friend.
C under lock and key in some forced labour camp somewhere a bit like the Chinese where we forced fed propaganda and white nationalist noise 24 a day in a bid to “ educate” us to the ways of the supreme leader.

Why only us being denigrated?

All and sundry have done similar and in fact with the mentally challengeds there was even violence involved and fences thrown at police officers. Why can't they and yourself see the difference?

Bought a house up there ( near Terry Butchers old hotel) and supposedly has some French diplomat shacked up there periodically for a bit of mutual muffing. Hubby knows but doesn't give a fuuck cos he ain't slipping her one (and who can blame him)- hes just happy getting free housing in a nice bit of Embra and a cushy six fig salary for doing fuuck all.
Looks like Rudd Van Nistelrooy's sister by all accounts
A bit horsey

Of course it won't, and shouldn't.

It's not defensive though, it's the opposite. We shouldn't be looking at others to determine what we can get away with. The celebrations of the last two days were an understanable emotional release but ultimately against the law. We expected criticism, we got criticism, probably deserved a bit of criticism... *shrugs* no biggie, on to Slavia
You’re changing the issue though mate. The issue isn’t whether we should be looking at others to see what we ‘can get away with’ as you put it. Nobody said that. I certainly didn’t in the post to which you’re responding. Like you I wasn’t out celebrating but I understand why many did.

The issue isn’t whether they should get away with it but why their breaches are met with direct, full-throated condemnation ( and some lies) from a number of senior figures in the SNP, not only of them as rule breakers but of Rangers as a club, when the serial breaches by other fans and groups mentioned were all spoken about so differently, if at all.

It’s no biggie to me as I expect the SNP to pander to their core and go for us whenever they can especially when they have so much ongoing at the moment on which they wish to avoid scrutiny. It’s entirely predictable from them but if anybody actually thinks they’ve been even handed I have some magic beans I’d like to sell them.

You tell me?
I think that in an interview explicit questions need not be asked to elicit information about the candidate's profile.
I have a relative who works for Glasgow City Council and has done for a number of years and she openly admits that most of her colleagues are Roman Catholics, indeed she tells me it is rare to find anyone who isn't in her department.
I am sure no one was openly asked about their religion in the interview.
But perhaps you might know better?
I am open to having my mind changed.

I am interested that you seek to dismiss the possibility of nepotism inside jobs controlled by the SNP.
Perhaps you might expand on your knowledge of this fairly common allegation.
I don't work for GCC, my father did for 20 years but isn't around anymore to discuss further and it'd be fair to say he was no fan of the independence movement

My point is only that whether it's a teacher, housing officer, social worker, binman, Lollipop man... whatever I cannot think of a single situation that it would be appropriate to say 'I'm an ardent loyalist' in an interview (same for ardent republican).

I accept that casually saying 'I'm pro independence' is more likely to be overlooked in this day and age (still inappropriate imo) but that's the country we currently live, the SNP have almost half the councillors elected democratically in GCC now. Only way to change that is by engaging with local council elections when they come along.

Would need more than anecdotes to be convinced that Roman Catholics are over represented in GCC.

Dont see anything wromg with what ahe said. And i certainly dont accept that we should be using Septic as a barrometer to justify the bahaviour of our fans

My point is only that whether it's a teacher, housing officer, social worker, binman, Lollipop man... whatever I cannot think of a single situation that it would be appropriate to say 'I'm an ardent loyalist' in an interview (same for ardent republican).

I accept that casually saying 'I'm pro independence' is more likely to be overlooked in this day and age (still inappropriate imo) but that's the country we currently live, the SNP have almost half the councillors elected democratically in GCC now. Only way to change that is by engaging with local council elections when they come along.

Would need more than anecdotes to be convinced that Roman Catholics are over represented in GCC.
Okay.
I only have the word of a Roman Catholic regarding her department in the GCC.
She was not telling me anything other than the truth.
Perhaps some other anecdotes from other forum members may assist to allay your scepticism.

Perhaps you might explain why there are no SNP MSP's who openly admit to supporting Rangers?
Perhaps you could explain why the GCC when under Labour was almost exclusively populated by Celtc supporting season ticket holders?
Maybe even explain why more RC's have played for Celtc in their history despite being a major club in a country where only 20% of the population were RC's?

Ffsake, it can't all be a coincidence?

I could go on, but I doubt I would dent your scepticism.

By the way, I had some experience of interviews for selection in my old profession and before them, we all shared info as candidates about what loaded questions to look out for.
Interviews are perhaps more transparent today, but a shrewd interviewer can get to where he wants to if he asks the right questions.
It is a shame your father isn't around anymore I am sure you could perhaps benefit from his experience of life.
That said, you might have to learn to ask the right questions.

Back