Are our board all away on holiday?

Not unreasonable for fans to want some explanation on the clubs position. Nothing official just all speculation on forums as of yet.

Certainly after Doncaster’s position that no more fixtures can be rearranged, IF it is the case we end up severely hampered by international call ups for the Celtic game IMO can we rearrange or if there is a period of terrible weather what do the SPFL plan to do to complete the games?

Also the voting - board members had the final say, the clubs 10-2 voting was just an opinion.

Not about attacking other clubs with a statement, just highlighting the very real possibility of what a monumental %^*& up this could be by the SPFL and yet again why they are not fit for purpose.

Maybe the poster you were replying to doesn't have Sky.

It's also a very, sad day when the support has to rely on a skank who is being worked from the back by the yahoos to tell us our own club's point of view, is it not?
For me not really the club have been out voted so not much they can say on it to be honest. Coming out ranting and raving about it won't change anything and make the club look bad given the current situation in Scotland.

Am not assuming that of everyone mate.

Our stance will have been shared with other clubs during discussions. We will have read the room and realised pretty early we were not going to get our way.

For me Hearts vote was key as they were in a similar position to us with an away fixture at hibs.

No public statement would have made a difference to the choices made by other clubs.

I would have liked to hear from the board too tbh but there would have been nothing gained by releasing a statement and anything going against the decision would have just left us hanging on the dart board for anyone to take aim.

They are all just waiting out there for us to comment and then they can make out we are throwing our toys out the pram and politicians will rip into us about the pandemic and responsibility.

We can agree to disagree on this one mate.

For me Hearts vote was key as they were in a similar position to us with an away fixture at hibs.

That'll be the same Hearts who were royally shafted by the same SPFL last year and they threw their principles out of the window for the sake of one away fixture?

No wonder Scottish football is fc-uked.

Outvoted 10 v 2, nothing more to add.
Wasn't voted on though it had to be a majority of 11-1 if it weren't to vote, that's why they took decision out of clubs hands because they knew it was getting voted down in the interest of fairness to all clubs

There isn't much for them to say apart from "suck mentally challenged cock and you'll end up with aids" but I don't think that would be appropriate to be honest.

There is no need for the Board to say anything.
Sometimes discretion is the better part of valour.
when has it ever worked in our favour to say nothing?

We are ST holders, fans and share holders. Some communication as to what pro-active measures we took when this came to light, our preferred option etc

Instead we get biowave trying to sell us something and a notification mentioning games have changed, thats it. Woeful.

Over the last few days there have been decisions made by the football authorties - all of which favour our rivals 100% and are 100% against what RFC want. We the fans hear nothing from our board . Meanwhile their fans are getting updates from their rancid club and driving the social and mainstream media message. We deserve better.
Tend to agree with this and if nothing more at every opportunity we should be calling the Dims out who manufactured this. Word in a way where we are questioning what if the virus is worse (as predicted by health experts!!) in a few weeks time that we have made an already tight schedule worse. Everyone knows this was done for one club’s benefit don’t sit on our hands call them out

Win on boxing day and we go into the break 6 points clear in a great place. Maybe try to enjoy the good times. You'd think after the last 10 years people would be happy

For me not really the club have been out voted so not much they can say on it to be honest. Coming out ranting and raving about it won't change anything and make the club look bad given the current situation in Scotland.
No one is on asking, requesting or demanding a rant and rave and how many times does this need to be repeated. The vote was meaningless and a diversion as the only decision was down to the SPFL.

In fact the board must be glad there was a vote as it lets them off the hook for their negligence on this matter.

And all they had to do was come out and tell the truth.

No one is on asking, requesting or demanding a rant and rave and how many times does this need to be repeated. The vote was meaningless and a diversion as the only decision was down to the SPFL.

In fact the board must be glad there was a vote as it lets them off the hook for their negligence on this matter.

And all they had to do was come out and tell the truth.
What have they been negligent on? There's nothing they can say or do that would change the situation we are now in.

Ross County have came out and said hee haw as well if it's believed they are the other club that voted against the break being moved forward.

All we need to do is continue to win every game, then sit back and enjoy with a big cigar cos every underhand devious scumbag attempt to favour them has failed so far. They are truly the most contemptuous low life pond dwelling scum on this earth and I for one love to tell each and everyone of them when I have the misfortune to be within hearing distance. WATP and dont let them forget it.

The board should have come out and stated the real reason for the changes to the season instead of sitting on their hands.
If the same had happened to their board they would have fought it not meekly said nothing.
But we're not them!! Do you want us to be everything we mock them for?
Maybe the board weren't sitting on their hands...maybe their hands were in their pockets helping maintain the club through another (obviously) difficult period.

You're missing the point completely.

1 We dont all have "rocks in our head". You say our board had strong reasons against the break being brought forward. How do you know? They didnt say.

2 You say there was not enough opposition. As far as I can see there was virtually none. We didnt contribute our thoughts at all so unlike Celtic there was no other side and therefore no debate.

3. Whether it works out or not I hope we dont comment as its too late and will make us look stupid at best and childish at worst.

4 Dont disagree with you on this but again I say we didnt need to fight. Just explain our position and sit back and wait.

5 no one doubts the financial and political commitment of the board. In my opinion Id have liked the board to explain why we were against the break being moved. That is all. Just a simple statement saying two things. First the virus wont be gone in 3 weeks in our opinion and secondly we'll be in a worse position in 3 weeks in our opinion. That is all. No mention of Celtic cheating to get new players in or injuries cleared up. Just the reasons why we think its a bad idea.

Christ almighty McAvennie has trashed us because he's decided why we said no and that's because we didnt explain why.

I don't think I am missing the point on this mate.

1. How do I know they had strong reasons against the break being brought forward? THEY VOTED AGAINST IT.

2. How do you know we didn't contribute our thoughts in that debate? You don't.

3. Keeping our counsel on this is far more effective than shouting about something that has not yet happened. Our concerns will have been minuted. The minutes can be shown later.

4. I believe our no vote explains this sufficiently.

5. Let them dig their own hole. We all know this would have been put forward at the moment of voting. I really don't need the reassurance.

Did you say McAvennie? I haven't heard what was said but you are using McAvennie to support your opinion. Deary me.

That'll be the same Hearts who were royally shafted by the same SPFL last year and they threw their principles out of the window for the sake of one away fixture?

No wonder Scottish football is fc-uked.

Yes the same hearts.

Given their previous shaftings I expected better from them.

Clearly naive of me.

But we're not them!! Do you want us to be everything we mock them for?
Maybe the board weren't sitting on their hands...maybe their hands were in their pockets helping maintain the club through another (obviously) difficult period.
Why are you trying to change the narrative here?

Why is coming out and stating the reasons why the filth pushed for the break coming forward acting like them?

Highlighting their chicanary is surely acting the very opposite of their actions and motives?

Over the last few days there have been decisions made by the football authorties - all of which favour our rivals 100% and are 100% against what RFC want. We the fans hear nothing from our board . Meanwhile their fans are getting updates from their rancid club and driving the social and mainstream media message. We deserve better.
So what are you wanting them to do? Wailing and gnashing their teeth in public because the league decided to go with a motion backed by 83% of the member clubs? Some people have a mad superiority complex.

We deserve better. Ffs. The board deserve better than this pish.

Why are you trying to change the narrative here?

Why is coming out and stating the reasons why the filth pushed for the break coming forward acting like them?

Highlighting their chicanary is surely acting the very opposite of their actions and motives?
Oh FFS I give in...fill your boots. I'm obviously not entitled to an opinion without being accused of 'changing narratives' ...so you just dad on.

The board that brought Gerrard and now Gio on board? The board that have helped get us back to the top where we belong?

The board that could do absolutely nothing about the winter break?

I have faith and let the board do the talking in the transfer window and allow the team to do the talking on Feb 2nd.

Otherwise give them a break, enjoy Christmas with friends and family and direct any issues to the government who are at the heart of everything that's wrong at the moment.
As much as I hate the SNP, they never stopped games getting played

Not unreasonable for fans to want some explanation on the clubs position. Nothing official just all speculation on forums as of yet.

Certainly after Doncaster’s position that no more fixtures can be rearranged, IF it is the case we end up severely hampered by international call ups for the Celtic game IMO can we rearrange or if there is a period of terrible weather what do the SPFL plan to do to complete the games?

Also the voting - board members had the final say, the clubs 10-2 voting was just an opinion.

Not about attacking other clubs with a statement, just highlighting the very real possibility of what a monumental %^*& up this could be by the SPFL and yet again why they are not fit for purpose.
It doesn’t make sense and we need to say that. Why during a pandemic is this country again looking at every way of stopping football rather than every way of continuing it. The winter break should have been binned at the start of the season. Fair enough play games BCD if essential but play the bloody games. It’s obvious.

The move is not to shout as loud as possibly in public at every chance.

Our efforts would be far better placed making moves behind the scenes in order to ‘recruit’ clubs seeking to remove the mentally challengeds stronghold over the authorities.

For that, we need a leader and a reason for the clubs to side with us.

That much has not happened, nothing has changed and nothing will change until we get in someone powerful enough to cause this change.

The likes of Ann Budge, Ron Gordon & Dave Cormack are not on the mentally challengeds side. But they are not going to get behind someone who is less of a leader than them in Stewart Robertson.

That simple for me.

As mentioned above, the vote was 10 to 2. What do you expect them to do?

It's done. The vote was made. Majority of the teams wanted to bring the break forward.
Yo
Oh FFS I give in...fill your boots. I'm obviously not entitled to an opinion without being accused of 'changing narratives' ...so you just dad on.
You're as entitled to your opinion as much as anyone.

You said we are not them.

No one has asked or wants our board to be like, or act like them. What would have been nice though was for the board to come out and state the club's views. And also highlight the motives behind the filth's antics and be damned what anyone else thought.

Yo

You're as entitled to your opinion as much as anyone.

You said we are not them.

No one has asked or wants our board to be like, or act like them. What would have been nice though was for the board to come out and state the club's views. And also highlight the motives behind the filth's antics and be damned what anyone else thought.
So where was I changing narratives then? All I was suggesting is that 'highlighting motives behind their antics' does make us seem like them: makes us seem as whiney, as paranoid and as petty as they are. Everyone knows what's going on, our board allowing themselves to become MSM targets by whining about this makes no sense to me.

I appreciate we are all entitled to our own opinions, but to say I'm trying to change narrative, nah. That's an accusation thrown about too easily in here. Just because I have a different viewpoint, doesn't mean in trying to sidetrack or derail anything.

Back