Are our board all away on holiday?

Over the last few days there have been decisions made by the football authorties - all of which favour our rivals 100% and are 100% against what RFC want. We the fans hear nothing from our board . Meanwhile their fans are getting updates from their rancid club and driving the social and mainstream media message. We deserve better.
100% agree with Hippo here. The times for the dignified silence are long gone. It doesn’t work in this cesspit that Scotland has become. We have to shout and scream about every injustice.
We live in a corrupt, vile ,little Country and no one will help us other than us. The Rangers Club should be doing more.
Great post Hippo.

Come on mate, where is the evidence the board just rolled over?
The Board have been silent for years . Read the original post. We have to get vocal and nasty . We are in a vile cesspit. Nothing ever favours us. Wake up to the reality.

mate you are not that thick - I love your posts!

we have had 2 days where the narrative has been dictated by th tims - they are now in position where they have poss 3 players back for game v us while we have 3 out dur to ACON and social and mainstream media all warm and fuzzy
Come on mate, where is the evidence the board just rolled over?
I think the evidence that they did roll over is evident. the tims have everything the wanted - and we have to play them 3 players down. please be better than your post

Over the last few days there have been decisions made by the football authorties - all of which favour our rivals 100% and are 100% against what RFC want. We the fans hear nothing from our board . Meanwhile their fans are getting updates from their rancid club and driving the social and mainstream media message. We deserve better.

Last nights result has taken the heat off everything!

Even some of our fans were warming to the idea of the break coming early after their game last night :eek:
It’s amazing what a couple of hours can do!

The board that brought Gerrard and now Gio on board? The board that have helped get us back to the top where we belong?

The board that could do absolutely nothing about the winter break?

I have faith and let the board do the talking in the transfer window and allow the team to do the talking on Feb 2nd.

Otherwise give them a break, enjoy Christmas with friends and family and direct any issues to the government who are at the heart of everything that's wrong at the moment.
No one saying they didn't, David Murray also brought us 9nrow and various great managers
he also only spoke up if things impacted him personally and not the club or support.

Till the board speak up they will always be the kid that gets picked on.

mate you are not that thick - I love your posts!

we have had 2 days where the narrative has been dictated by th tims - they are now in position where they have poss 3 players back for game v us while we have 3 out dur to ACON and social and mainstream media all warm and fuzzy

I think the evidence that they did roll over is evident. the tims have everything the wanted - and we have to play them 3 players down. please be better than your post
Mate to be honest I saw this coming some time ago as the noise of this mutation transmitting quicker grew and grew.

I got mocked on here for suggesting it as posters rightly pointed to there being no scientific evidence to suggest football stadium is a virus spreading hotbed. However posters failed to factor in the SNP effect and the fact sturgeon, swinney and leitch have no problem pissing on football fans and look where we are now.

Here is the pisser for me mate.

There was nothing Rangers could have done on this one. All clubs were for it bar us and one other if reports are true.

We simply don't have enough influence with other clubs to sway their thinking. To have that sway you do need to forge relationships with other clubs but that idea is abhorrent to many on here.

It also doesn't help that Neil Doncaster is beyond useless at making rational decisions, his latest statement about having no more room to rearrange fixtures simply defies believe given what has just happened. We also know they will use dirty tricks to get their way, Dundee email scandal, so we are on the back foot right away.

We also hold no sway with the media. Many on here are quite happy the board moved towards fan media and away from msm. So at times like this when we need someone to back our stance, there is no friendly media source ready to stand by us.

Personally I don't see any value in releasing a statement that, will just give the impression that we are in the huff and, will be widely mocked.

Maybe am wrong but I think the board is keeping its powder dry on this to see how things pan out in the coming weeks as there are many ways this could end up a worse shit show than it already is.

That's my opinion for what it is worth.

Outvoted 10 to 2, what are you hoping for, a statement would look like moaning and seem irrelevant.

They released information about tickets for the game at the weekend, that's all they have an influence over.

They could have explained why it was right to play the games as scheduled. Instead we're left looking like spoiled brats that just voted against the majority for no reason.

They could have explained why it was right to play the games as scheduled. Instead we're left looking like spoiled brats that just voted against the majority for no reason.
Do you not think that would have been their argument?

Telling us why we should have played the games is pointless mate, I get what you mean but it makes no difference to other folks view on Rangers in this situation - they all know why we aren't playing the original schedule.

I don't expect them to say anything about the decision to bring forward the break as there is no point until it actually has an effect on the park. I did think we would be going to town with the fact our boxing day crowd is down a good few paying customers and also the money hospitality brings in and we want compensated for that game.

Mate to be honest I saw this coming some time ago as the noise of this mutation transmitting quicker grew and grew.

I got mocked on here for suggesting it as posters rightly pointed to there being no scientific evidence to suggest football stadium is a virus spreading hotbed. However posters failed to factor in the SNP effect and the fact sturgeon, swinney and leitch have no problem pissing on football fans and look where we are now.

Here is the pisser for me mate.

There was nothing Rangers could have done on this one. All clubs were for it bar us and one other if reports are true.

We simply don't have enough influence with other clubs to sway their thinking. To have that sway you do need to forge relationships with other clubs but that idea is abhorrent to many on here.

It also doesn't help that Neil Doncaster is beyond useless at making rational decisions, his latest statement about having no more room to rearrange fixtures simply defies believe given what has just happened. We also know they will use dirty tricks to get their way, Dundee email scandal, so we are on the back foot right away.

We also hold no sway with the media. Many on here are quite happy the board moved towards fan media and away from msm. So at times like this when we need someone to back our stance, there is no friendly media source ready to stand by us.

Personally I don't see any value in releasing a statement that, will just give the impression that we are in the huff and, will be widely mocked.

Maybe am wrong but I think the board is keeping its powder dry on this to see how things pan out in the coming weeks as there are many ways this could end up a worse shit show than it already is.

That's my opinion for what it is worth.

At the very least the club should have said why they were against bringing the break forward. They've left it to others who have simply trashed us, like McAvennie.

Do you not think that would have been their argument?

Telling us why we should have played the games is pointless mate, I get what you mean but it makes no difference to other folks view on Rangers in this situation - they all know why we aren't playing the original schedule.

The point is no one knows why Rangers voted no. Im not talking about Celtic's injury list. Im talking about the fact that in 3 weeks we'll still have no fans AND we'll have fixture congestion. In other words the situation will be even worse.

Of course Im just guessing why we voted no because no one knows.

The point is no one knows why Rangers voted no. Im not talking about Celtic's injury list. Im talking about the fact that in 3 weeks we'll still have no fans AND we'll have fixture congestion. In other words the situation will be even worse.

You would have to assume, which isn't ideal but my assumption would be based around the fact that our club knew the rescheduled games would impact us more with international players being away.

If you are honest though, no matter what we say, they always pick holes in it and make us the arseholes.

And then is when - in my opinion - Rangers can release a far more effective statement with all guns blazing.

It’s embarrassing that folk think that our board will act like a group of bams and come out with some mentalist statement attacking everyone and anyone.

What could the board do or say? This board have supported and put funds in to keep our club viable and to help us to get back to where we deserve to be.
Give the board credit instead of complaining when they do not comment on things that are out of their control.
They could ask fans who go away from home to remember who continually vote to feck us over and think twice about funding them, they could at least do that.

The club should have made the point it voted against the proposal because it threatened the integrity of the competition and could place it at a relative disadvantage.

It could also have mentioned the risk of a fixture pile-up further ahead.

I think we had to undermine the media line that there’s nothing to see here, let’s move along.
Great summation

The narrative was set multiple times prior to the vote without counter or alternative on our part. No alternative rationale or argument given anywhere in the media.

And then Motherwell broke the result as far as I can't tell?! Before the SPFL?

And then Doncaster closed the door on any possibility of an international request driven postponement today by stating that there was no wriggle room.

All without counter.

All the points made on here about what the Board could say are of course valid.
However, the Board have to be careful in saying anything given the background and the context of the virus which is still killing people and is still a very emotive subject when you step into the public arena.

Say the wrong thing or say the right thing, no matter, you will possibly be accused of being uncaring and the emotional blackmail of putting your interests before lives will be thrown at you.
Rangers are on the opposite side of those who control the public narrative and the Board at least recognise this.
Rangers exist in a hostile political environment and that is a fact.

A better strategy is to keep our powder dry and if we want to shape the narrative it has to be done discreetly and with some cunning.
By now, Rangers should be nudging their point of view into the public discourse through friends of the club who work inside the MSM.

War by proxy is nothing new, it is, however, the way we have to fight our battles in certain situations and when the time is right we can wade in.
It is of course a matter of choosing the right time.

However, the Board have to be careful in saying anything given the background and the context of the virus which is still killing people and is still a very emotive subject when you step into the public arena.

Say the wrong thing or say the right thing, no matter, you will possibly be accused of being uncaring and the emotional blackmail of putting your interests before lives will be thrown at you.
Rangers are on the opposite side of those who control the public narrative and the Board at least recognise this.

A better strategy is to keep our powder dry and if we want to shape the narrative it has to be done discreetly and with some cunning.
By now, Rangers should be nudging their point of view into the public discourse through friends of the club who work inside the MSM.

War by proxy is nothing new, it is, however, the way we have to fight our battles in certain situations and when the time is right we can wade in.
They only need to refer to skippy on sky today...it was about his team.job done.

In a democratic setup ( I know ) there is nothing they can say that would make a difference.
But the fans can make a difference by boycotting away grounds

Friends of the club in the MSM you say. Oh my

Taking it on the chin from the corrupt cabal, dignified silence and move on to the next shafting we get from them

Yip, that’s the spirit. Do or say absolutely nothing at all times, you’ve lost anyway.
No surrender mate.

Makes zero sense and has zero relevance to the point.

People are making out like we have to do something to stop it, but how do you stop a vote between member clubs exactly? What do you do in this exact situation?

There’s nothing you could do, apart from Celtic no one else really has any sinister reasons for voting to bring the break forward.

Rangers might be the greatest club and most important thing in many of our poster's lives but sometimes I wonder if people appreciate how little influence the club has both in Scotland and wider. We had 1 vote out of 12, irrespective of the size of our fan base. The directors are fully aware of our standing in the game. However some of our support are still at the teenage spoiled brat stage and demanding action, then stamping their feet when it doesn't happen.
This board are doing a helluva job. Trust them.

Nope. Their fans get a plea from a frightened club proving that they're bottle merchants. When it's a majority we can only put our point across. Once it's clear that the majority want what celtic want we're goosed. We are in the right but it counts for nothing. To moan when it's an overwhelming majority against you doesn't gain you any friends. It is another decision that ultimately suits celtic but also other clubs so we have to suck it up. We beat them when we play them, simple as that, if we can't do that do we deserve to be champions?

This thread is an embarrassment. Do we really need to be told that our board did everything they could but were unable to stop the vote going against us? Or are people looking for evidence that our board are incompetent and not doing enough?

Of course we know the real reasons behind this manipulation of the break but we need to deal in facts not emotion right now.

1. There would have been a strong position put forward by our board as to why we opposed it. That doesn't need to made public and anyone doubting this has rocks in their head.

2. This was something we could not do anything about as there was not enough opposition to the proposal.

3. Anything that may happen in the future regarding the consequences of this decision has not yet happened so we would look incredibly stupid if this all worked out (which I doubt it will but that is opinion and not yet fact). We need to play a waiting game.

4. Anyone who states we are not fighting back should look at the last 6 months. The large dossier on SPFL incompetence and vote of no-confidence anyone? The ongoing stand-off and refusal of the league sponsorship?

5. We do not need to be told all the time what is being done behind the scenes. There has been a lot of investment by the current members of the board into our club and I am sure they will be fighting to ensure we are not disadvantaged any more than can be helped.

Outvoted 10 v 2, nothing more to add.

Yup. Keep our powder dry for when this, inevitably, turns into a total mess.

Games unable to be played, teams are fielding a full youth team due to covid outbreaks and no room for postponements. Even Jim Goodwin said he told his board that he felt it would be better if they just refused to play. We all know this is going to happen.

All Rangers need to do at the moment is bide their time and let it play out.

This thread is an embarrassment. Do we really need to be told that our board did everything they could but were unable to stop the vote going against us? Or are people looking for evidence that our board are incompetent and not doing enough?

Of course we know the real reasons behind this manipulation of the break but we need to deal in facts not emotion right now.

1. There would have been a strong position put forward by our board as to why we opposed it. That doesn't need to made public and anyone doubting this has rocks in their head.

2. This was something we could not do anything about as there was not enough opposition to the proposal.

3. Anything that may happen in the future regarding the consequences of this decision has not yet happened so we would look incredibly stupid if this all worked out (which I doubt it will but that is opinion and not yet fact). We need to play a waiting game.

4. Anyone who states we are not fighting back should look at the last 6 months. The large dossier on SPFL incompetence and vote of no-confidence anyone? The ongoing stand-off and refusal of the league sponsorship?

5. We do not need to be told all the time what is being done behind the scenes. There has been a lot of investment by the current members of the board into our club and I am sure they will be fighting to ensure we are not disadvantaged any more than can be helped.

This is a good post.

Those having a pop at the board really should take time to read and digest what is written here and think if releasing a statement, of our voting intentions and why, in this unwinnable debate would really have been the right thing to do.

Tbf nothing they can do in fact what the St Mirren manager said reveals it all about how openly and far they were going to go to get Celtic what they wanted from changing games to breaking their own rules to get a vastly riddled and weakened side to field and play against Celtic!

Most of the other clubs had different reasons to vote for to Celtic's which we all know were about the fear of playing us due to injuries and having a reduced crowd in because they are like their deluded fans taught themselves to believe our players have a fear of playing in front of fans yep look where we are to show this as ridiculous!

Nope we cant do much when there is such a wide gap in the votes however I believe we can beat them regardless if their players get fit and they employ Japan's answer to the 3 stoogies who may slap each other and go down looking for cards and penalties following in the footsteps of the recently arrived now famous actor Kyogodown Fullofhashi?

We're just better than that. The haters, moonhowlers, and their minions do their all to cheat their way to 'success'. We, however, just get on with being the best team, and club, in the land.
Let's just support our team the way no others can, all the rest will take care of itself & we can keep our heads held high.

And then is when - in my opinion - Rangers can release a far more effective statement with all guns blazing.

Im not suggesting an all guns blazing statement at all. Im thinking it might have been a good idea before the vote to explain why we were voting no. That might even have persuaded others to vote no.

I think if we release a statement in 3 weeks with all guns blazing it will make us look even worse than we do now. At the moment no one nows why we were against the break moving forward. How could they? We didnt say.

This is a good post.

Those having a pop at the board really should take time to read and digest what is written here and think if releasing a statement, of our voting intentions and why, in this unwinnable debate would really have been the right thing to do.

You're assuming everyone wanting to hear from the board wanted an "all guns blazing" statement. That isnt the case. Some of us would just have liked to hear why it was not a good idea to bring the break forward. Marvin Barkley (sp) did it on Sportscene.

You're missing the point completely.

1 We dont all have "rocks in our head". You say our board had strong reasons against the break being brought forward. How do you know? They didnt say.

2 You say there was not enough opposition. As far as I can see there was virtually none. We didnt contribute our thoughts at all so unlike Celtic there was no other side and therefore no debate.

3. Whether it works out or not I hope we dont comment as its too late and will make us look stupid at best and childish at worst.

4 Dont disagree with you on this but again I say we didnt need to fight. Just explain our position and sit back and wait.

5 no one doubts the financial and political commitment of the board. In my opinion Id have liked the board to explain why we were against the break being moved. That is all. Just a simple statement saying two things. First the virus wont be gone in 3 weeks in our opinion and secondly we'll be in a worse position in 3 weeks in our opinion. That is all. No mention of Celtic cheating to get new players in or injuries cleared up. Just the reasons why we think its a bad idea.

Christ almighty McAvennie has trashed us because he's decided why we said no and that's because we didnt explain why.

Makes zero sense and has zero relevance to the point.

People are making out like we have to do something to stop it, but how do you stop a vote between member clubs exactly? What do you do in this exact situation?

There’s nothing you could do, apart from Celtic no one else really has any sinister reasons for voting to bring the break forward.

What were our reasons for voting no? I dont know because we didnt say.

It’s embarrassing that folk think that our board will act like a group of bams and come out with some mentalist statement attacking everyone and anyone.

Its embarrassing that posters like you think the only statement the board could make was "mentalist...attacking everyone and anyone".

What about a statement attacking no one but just explaining why moving the break could create even more problems?

The narrative was set multiple times prior to the vote without counter or alternative on our part. No alternative rationale or argument given anywhere in the media.

And then Motherwell broke the result as far as I can't tell?! Before the SPFL?

And then Doncaster closed the door on any possibility of an international request driven postponement today by stating that there was no wriggle room.

All without counter.
This point keeps eluding people.

If the club doesn’t point out how procedures are being changed to give Celtic an advantage, who is going to?

I don’t see what’s wrong in acknowledging and praising the positives of the board while criticising its ability and willingness to respond to situations like this.

We could be in a position in a few weeks where we are requesting a postponement due to international fixtures, it would be beyond stupid to slaughter anyone at this point when that decision is then made by the same people.

What we absolutely should do though is go to town if we are in that position and our request is knocked back due to moving the Winter Break. I can’t get my head around people wanting ranty statements every few weeks. We’re top of the league, have the best squad by a distance, still in Europe and we’re the Champions. People should focus on what’s important rather than phoney wars.
The potential of losing out on a guaranteed £30m CL money due to the influencing and posturings of the most corrupt organisation in the game is hardly a phoney war is it?

Fair enough, the board knew from the off that as soon as the filth started their codswallop that the SPL would do the their bidding. Nailed on.

As we all know the vote could have been 11-1 in our favour and it still wouldn't have counted, so the vote is a red herring.

What they could have done is give us in full, glorious technicolour the real reasons why the filth wanted the break brought forward. They could have asked why, if the filth were so concerned about 'fan safety' they were only too happy to play on Wednesday night. I.E come out and tell us the truth.

As usual this 'phoney war' as you so succinctly put it continues and will steadily gather pace as this season unfolds with us, as per usual, sitting in a cul de sac just off a one-way-street.

You're assuming everyone wanting to hear from the board wanted an "all guns blazing" statement. That isnt the case. Some of us would just have liked to hear why it was not a good idea to bring the break forward. Marvin Barkley (sp) did it on Sportscene.

Am not assuming that of everyone mate.

Our stance will have been shared with other clubs during discussions. We will have read the room and realised pretty early we were not going to get our way.

For me Hearts vote was key as they were in a similar position to us with an away fixture at hibs.

No public statement would have made a difference to the choices made by other clubs.

I would have liked to hear from the board too tbh but there would have been nothing gained by releasing a statement and anything going against the decision would have just left us hanging on the dart board for anyone to take aim.

They are all just waiting out there for us to comment and then they can make out we are throwing our toys out the pram and politicians will rip into us about the pandemic and responsibility.

We can agree to disagree on this one mate.

I don't get as angry over the football as some of the posters on here, but I was genuinely pissed off with the rescheduling of the Scum and Scummer games.
On one level it would be nice if the board showed a little empathy and released some statements expressing outrage and what not.
On the other hand it would be a complete waste of time, alienate potential allies and play perfectly into our enemies hands.
You need to pick your battles in life and we are better saving our powder for another day.
Dave King's constant raging about every injustice we suffered was very gratifying but it never once actually helped us.
We are stuck in the corrupt swamp that is Scottish Football our best chance is to be savy not angry.

Back