Are the Media Against Rangers?

Not sure they are against the club but certainly they are against the fans and what the club means to those fans. They are against the club being an icon of Britishness.

Certainly feel there is an anti union agenda with the media as well as the whole bigotry thing that see,s to only be seen as a one way thing as they are blinkered to what Celtic and their fans are doing in this regards

Rangers also get the anti establishment thing that many big successful clubs who are established as their nations biggest club suffers from at times

There is certainly no acceptance of the average rangers fans viewpoint on things and even the ones who may not be huge unionists, royalists, Protestant culturists etc all get lumped in as the notion you must be all that simply because you support rangers

Compare and contrast to what Gucci Belt said compared to Gerrard they are terrified of the bheasts reach to the powers at be and their bosses.

I'm writing my dissertation on the perception of a media conspiracy against teams in Scottish football and I would appreciate it if any of you could fill out this survey for me.

The validity of this will be called into question if Rangers fans aren't one of my top responders (which they currently aren't) so that's why I'm posting on here, apologies if it's prohibited. Fill Out Survey Here

1 post New Member asking peesh like this ?

I smell shoite

I think it's more a case of people with certain mindsets get in to jobs within the media and abuse their position (no pun intended) by using that position to throw mad. Often it's subtle, often it's blatant. The heart and hand issue showed it up for what it is.

Are the media against Rangers? If their are enough people within a newspaper/radio station/tv station/blog who dislike Rangers anyway, then they are naturally going to be against us.

I'm writing my dissertation on the perception of a media conspiracy against teams in Scottish football and I would appreciate it if any of you could fill out this survey for me.

The validity of this will be called into question if Rangers fans aren't one of my top responders (which they currently aren't) so that's why I'm posting on here, apologies if it's prohibited. Fill Out Survey Here

Done. Good luck with it.

Read a match report from an old Herald or Daily Record (say pre 1980) and it will at least tell you what actually happened.
Read a report after then, its typically populated with opinion and personal agendas.
Sadly the quality of newspapers and journalism has collapsed. Everything is for ' effect' these days.
The position of the BBC since around 2000's has been so blatant it's hardly worth bothering.

If i was a fan of other clubs i would answer that all coverage is crap. Simply because in Scotland you can just about forget it, unless you are interesred in Rangers or Celtic.

Done, but if this request is also sitting on the filth site, they’ll be given it some serious big licks about how they hate the need for balance and it should all be as it was, no change, they run it, the nation gets worse in football terms, but they can win plenty.

If the journalist is a Celtic fan, of course he is against us. Uses his position at every opportunity.

If the journalist is not a Rangers or Celtic fan, he doesn’t like us and is happy to put the boot but probably doesn’t go out his way to do so because he has got some professionalism in him. Also, deep down doesn’t really care about either. Bill Leckie you fat prick, you’re not included here.

If the journalist is a Rangers fan, he keeps his head down, writes articles on all clubs, probably quite professional. He knows that his cards are marked if he steps out of line, because his boss is probably one of them.

Done!

Laughable!

This is a fishing exercise and nothing more.

Your 'survey' contains no preamble, no information on what it's about, no statement on data protection, nothing on what is done with or where the responses end up.

The slider bars on the 'how much do you...' sections don't even work!

If any education establishment accepts that abortion of a 'survey' as being genuine and correctly presented, then it must surely be situated in either North Korea or the standing section at the Camp Knew!

Utter joke!

Done and happy to point this survey to truth about journalists, their employers, BBC, sky TV and bias pundits the Celtic supporting influencers are all destroying Scottish football!

Get it done I say this is a chance to have a go at the cancers in and around our game!

Laughable!

This is a fishing exercise and nothing more.

Your 'survey' contains no preamble, no information on what it's about, no statement on data protection, nothing on what is done with or where the responses end up.

The slider bars on the 'how much do you...' sections don't even work!

If any education establishment accepts that abortion of a 'survey' as being genuine and correctly presented, then it must surely be situated in either North Korea or the standing section at the Camp Knew!

Utter joke!
The sliders work and regardless where it ends up you should take the opportunity to lambast those bias influencers that are dragging the game down in the gutter Grommitt!

For many years the BBC refused to broadcast games from Ibrox on the radio or TV as an older guy that was my main enjoyment at the time .no other club in the entire UK was treated like this .And i would receive letters telling me that i would be prosecuted if I didn't pay the license fee .that license fee is an agreement between myself & BBC for services rendered so I should be reimbursed for those years of being treated differently from every other football fan in Britain .

Reactions: SSR
Granted, I've happened to look at this at 3am so maybe my brain is just tired, but I'm slightly bemused by this question:

Where have you seen accusations of impartial journalism from Scottish football reporters (if anywhere)?

That question doesn't make any sense (impartiality is not something to be accused of) - am I to assume that this is supposed to be asking where participants have seen accusations of biased (or partial) journalism? OP, can you explain whether this is an error that has slipped through and if not, what the question is supposed to mean?

Last edited:
Do you mean partial or biased? Why would it be an accusation of impartiality?
"Where have you seen accusations of impartial journalism from Scottish football reporters (if anywhere)?"
Good to see someone else spotted it before I did, I should have checked.

Not sure how that error slipped through - even if OP wasn't paying proper attention, his dissertation supervisor or whoever is reviewing should have spotted it.

Survey is sloppily done, questions are poorly phrased, there's no data protection statement, no ethics statement - I hope this is a troll because if it isn't, it's going to result in a bad dissertation if its accepted at all, which it shouldn't be. If it's genuine, OP I recommend you trash this and start again.

Last edited:
Where do we even start with this?
  • Our games have been getting re-refereed via Sportscene for years, as far back as Fernando Ricksen getting his retrospective red at Aberdeen.
  • Every minuscule award in our favour on the pitch is now a national outcry and debate.
  • Every debate (like that lot’s allocation at Ibrox) gets the media puppets and ex-players in a coordinated dip-fed attack to push a one-sided agenda against Rangers
  • The disgusting imagery of Super Ally throwing himself from a building
  • The one-sided sectarian debate of them being political and us being knuckle-draggers
  • The overkill when we got sent down and the debating of points of tax law that were simply untrue
  • The refusal to acknowledge there was a problem at Celtic Boys Club with systematic child rape
  • The “oh well” reporting of the hanging effigies at the piggery
  • The feigned moral outrage at anything coming out if Ibrox
  • The continual use of Rangers images first in the press on any report in sectarianism
  • The impartial reporting on our fan celebrations in George Square as opposed to that lot who get a free run at everything
  • The imbalanced reporting of fan behaviour abroad
  • The refusal to call Celtic out for what they are when the New Year old firm game was postponed when Phil O’Donnel died - yet the team who were in the actual pitch to witness it were forced to play their next game. (Yet they played their next game when Tommy Burns passed away).
  • I could type all day, but it’s been open-season against us in the media moreso in the last 20 years.

Filled it in as best I could but I didn't understand the questions regarding how much time I spent watching football and the highlights.

What is the base line for this? Asking if I watched all the time or half the time etc. If I watched football 24 hours a day then that is full the time.

I honestly think that you need to change the way you are asking these questions or you dissertation will fail.

Maybe I have just misunderstood the questions.

Filled it out mate.
Referred to fan media ie H&H and FF as my primary sources of info.
Best of luck with the dissertation

Where do we even start with this?
  • Our games have been getting re-refereed via Sportscene for years, as far back as Fernando Ricksen getting his retrospective red at Aberdeen.
  • Every minuscule award in our favour on the pitch is now a national outcry and debate.
  • Every debate (like that lot’s allocation at Ibrox) gets the media puppets and ex-players in a coordinated dip-fed attack to push a one-sided agenda against Rangers
  • The disgusting imagery of Super Ally throwing himself from a building
  • The one-sided sectarian debate of them being political and us being knuckle-draggers
  • The overkill when we got sent down and the debating of points of tax law that were simply untrue
  • The refusal to acknowledge there was a problem at Celtic Boys Club with systematic child rape
  • The “oh well” reporting of the hanging effigies at the piggery
  • The feigned moral outrage at anything coming out if Ibrox
  • The continual use of Rangers images first in the press on any report in sectarianism
  • The impartial reporting on our fan celebrations in George Square as opposed to that lot who get a free run at everything
  • The imbalanced reporting of fan behaviour abroad
  • The refusal to call Celtic out for what they are when the New Year old firm game was postponed when Phil O’Donnel died - yet the team who were in the actual pitch to witness it were forced to play their next game. (Yet they played their next game when Tommy Burns passed away).
  • I could type all day, but it’s been open-season against us in the media moreso in the last 20 years.
The McGregor fresh air kick at a player about 20 yards away from him seen him get a 2 game ban for intent. Kenny Miller emergency meeting to get him banned before an old firm game.

As you say there are many more instances that could be added.

The McGregor fresh air kick at a player about 20 yards away from him seen him get a 2 game ban for intent. Kenny Miller emergency meeting to get him banned before an old firm game.

As you say there are many more instances that could be added.
There are now hundreds of examples. The reality is that the mhedia have hung us out to dry more often than not.

Today’s very own example of mhedia manipulation is Peter Grant being wheeled out to state that it will be unfair on Rodgers if the rules are applied to him. (I see they’re taking top legal representation in with them, which is something they started with Lennon & Lawell taking their wee poofy lawyer in with them at every opportunity).

Last edited:
The sliders work and regardless where it ends up you should take the opportunity to lambast those bias influencers that are dragging the game down in the gutter Grommitt!
Which part of "This is a fishing exercise and nothing more" in my post did you not understand?

And for what it's worth, I agree with pretty much every point made in post #76, but there is no chance all that could be put across in this rancid survey, even if it were a genuine one.

Which part of "This is a fishing exercise and nothing more" in my post did you not understand?

And for what it's worth, I agree with pretty much every point made in post #76, but there is no chance all that could be put across in this rancid survey, even if it were a genuine one.
Probably not Grommitt but if genuine the more truths sent in the better!

#76 has a great list to what is wrong in our game I hope the op does the survey and sends that in, you get the opportunity at the end if you want to add anything Grommitt but it's your call!

Enjoy your day

Do you live on the moon.

BBC Scotland, Radio Clyde, the Daily Record and a host of twats that work for those and others are bigots and biased

I hope you use better grammar in your dissertation than you did in your thread title.

The answers are a bit odd. I watch all Rangers games. That doesn't mean i watch football 'all of the time'.

Done

Hmm. Does anyone think that if there was a subscription to FF that went to a good British cause, then certain threads would simply not exist?

There are now hundreds of examples. The reality is that the mhedia have hung us out to dry more often than not.

Today’s very own example of mhedia manipulation is Peter Grant being wheeled out to state that it will be unfair on Rodgers if the rules are applied to him. (I see they’re taking top legal representation in with them, which is something they started with Lennon & Lawell taking their wee poofy lawyer in with them at every opportunity).

In April 1994, Scotsport led with the Duncan Ferguson/ McStay incident, before even showing the highlights, therefore setting their and McNee's agenda.

A joke of a journalist, who in the end up refused to call Paul Gascoigne by his name.

In April 1994, Scotsport led with the Duncan Ferguson/ McStay incident, before even showing the highlights, therefore setting their and McNee's agenda.

A joke of a journalist, who in the end up refused to call Paul Gascoigne by his name.
Rotund Gerry was a bitter, bitter man.

Even as far back as TV deliberately screening Souness in the tunnel as a part of their bitter ongoing campaign of hate to hound him out of Scottish football.

And it’s only a matter of time before they start on Philippe Clement.

Main stream media and BBC Scotland is polluted by bead rattlers which is undeniable.

I did the radio Clyde Bauer media “ debate “ in the central hotel ( if memory serves me correctly). Bears were in first and went through the questions and answers. Then the rhabids went in. Bauer claimed both sets of supporters claimed mainly the same grudges.

For decades now they have been more organised than us as a support. I think a lot of that stems from the disharmony amongst our fans who always seem to battle amongst ourselves rather than get together as one. The March to Hampden was the only real time I remember us getting properly together.
I had hoped the trust would have been a new beginning but what a cluster f..k that became.
I was there that night. Paid quite handsomely to rip the shite right out of Superscoreboard.

Would do it again if asked. :)

Done for you. Doing my dissertation too so i feel your pain

Everyone is against us OP.

It's what being the most successful team in football does.

Thankfully as the saying goes: No one likes us, we don't care*

*Many of us do fkn care in reality :D

It has sod all to do with us being succssesful.

It has everything to do with mentally challenged hate.

Wake up, ffs.

Back