Are we as a club financially equipped to deal with this crisis?

Had a quick look on some other forums according to jambos kickback we are fucked and are creaming themselves over it happening.
They can't wait for other clubs to do what budgies doing so as to be seen as some kind of visionaries.

I think the only ways that would be possible is if either season tickets are sold and there is a large influx of cash just now, loans are supplied until that money comes in, or a share issue could be rushed through.
If we announce the cancellation of the season then we can start planning for next year and start selling season tickets

Had a quick look on some other forums according to jambos kickback we are fucked and are creaming themselves over it happening.
They can't wait for other clubs to do what budgies doing so as to be seen as some kind of visionaries.
So let me gets this straight they are creaming theirselves over us but they are the team having to take cuts left right and centre to survive week to week they are a different breed

If we announce the cancellation of the season then we can start planning for next year and start selling season tickets

Nothing I have read anywhere suggests that will happen.

In fact they, along with other leagues seem to be determined to play the outstanding games, even if that is later in the summer.

Nothing I have read anywhere suggests that will happen.

In fact they, along with other leagues seem to be determined to play the outstanding games, even if that is later in the summer.
I think they are wishful thinking mate

Great idea? Let’s ask the loyal fans to cough up money upfront for a season no one has any idea when it will start, and were very few people can be sure of being in long term employment due to this.

S
Aye its OTT ffs. Once the football starts back people will be desperate to go after months of nothing.

Also the guys that's ploughed money in then converted it into shares aren't going to let is go bust and lose the lot. Keep the head.
season ticket holders will more than likely be way down at most clubs , and the money men at the club will feel the pinch as much as anyone .

All clubs are going to struggle here.

In England, any late payment or withdrawn payment of TV money (or request for a refund from TV companies) will cause havoc. A team like Bournemouth make nothing commercially or through the gate, without TV money they can't pay wages.

For us, it's all about ST money. Worst case scenario, next season is either dramatically delayed or behind closed doors, then the club will need to firstly cash in where possible on our biggest assets. This needs to be a priority.

The club should then try and bring in some revenue by potentially getting fans to pay 50% of the following seasons ST in advance. I think it's critical we do to help with cash flow.

We'll be fine but it may be at the expense of being as competitive as what we were this year.

As long as they persist with this notion of finishing the present season then no one can even think about season tickets for the next one.

I think the only ways that would be possible is if either season tickets are sold and there is a large influx of cash just now, loans are supplied until that money comes in, or a share issue could be rushed through.
That's our 3 options right there folks.

Season books for a season that might not go ahead, bank loans which will be very difficult to get (possibly) and or benefactor money. Extremely worrying now. Also, this will mess up our strip deal as well.

People saying “we’ll be fine” don’t quite grasp the gravity of this yet.

Football will be totally unrecognisable when it returns. Which won’t be for a long time. Many clubs will go to the wall in that time. Most players will be made redundant throughout this summer. We have no idea of how our own club will get through it, and we’re better equipped to deal with it than most. But the receding tide drags down all boats.

It will all return in some form eventually. And we know how to deal with adversity more than any club in recent times. But how it’s going to look like when it does return to ‘normal’? No one really has a clue.

All clubs are going to struggle here.

In England, any late payment or withdrawn payment of TV money (or request for a refund from TV companies) will cause havoc. A team like Bournemouth make nothing commercially or through the gate, without TV money they can't pay wages.

For us, it's all about ST money. Worst case scenario, next season is either dramatically delayed or behind closed doors, then the club will need to firstly cash in where possible on our biggest assets. This needs to be a priority.

The club should then try and bring in some revenue by potentially getting fans to pay 50% of the following seasons ST in advance. I think it's critical we do to help with cash flow.

We'll be fine but it may be at the expense of being as competitive as what we were this year.

All clubs will struggle mate and as a result the money being spent be any team will be vastly reduced.

this could change football and the fees and wages being payed to be fair

The main issue will be lack of season ticket money. Probably about £22-25m .
Options could include selling early but some might be strapped for cash and unwilling to commit.
I'm a bit more fortunate and so will others be so...
We commit our S/T cash or a lesser amount as a donation as a "bond" which is refundable against either ST when issued, or European game tickets whenever that comes about or ( more contentious) away game priority or hospitality packages when we restart.
Really no different from shelling out cash for theatre shows or holidays in advance.
Still a bit of a gamble but in reality we would be paying up front for future services.

That's our 3 options right there folks.

Season books for a season that might not go ahead, bank loans which will be very difficult to get (possibly) and or benefactor money. Extremely worrying now. Also, this will mess up our strip deal as well.

It's all about cash flow.

People saying everything will be fine have to explain where the cash is coming from.

There seems to be this fantasy that football clubs can just spend money in advance of earning it. That is only true if someone is willing to provide you with the facility to do so.

It's all about cash flow.

People saying everything will be fine have to explain where the cash is coming from.

There seems to be this fantasy that football clubs can just spend money in advance of earning it. That is only true if someone is willing to provide you with the facility to do so.
We will be fine up to a point but if it continues then obviously we won’t be

The simple truth is that we don't have a clue untill a timescale is known.
The government wage bailout will assist the wage of most in the SPFL given the cap if £2,500 a month.
However our, and the scum, wages will be miles above that figure so very difficult to continue to maintain without revenue.
The only plus is players cannot walk out as nowhere to go.

Should we be following hearts lead and start to ask for drastic cuts in staff wages? Theres no point in hiding from the fact that there will be no football for at least 3 months but much much longer than that is highly likely.

How would people feel about this ( fully aware that it might not be for everybody, just a thought).

Lend the club £10k, club in turn offers an additional n turn dividend which would equate to a £300 / £400 reduction against the cost of your season ticket.

Banks are paying virtually fućk all to savers just now, might help re apitslise the plc without diluting the shareholding’s of existing investors.

I think we like most clubs will need to reduce players wages whilst there is no football.

It will happen across the board imo

IF the players don’t agree to it the club’s are pretty much stuck.

If FIFA stepped up, maybe legislated to prevent member clubs (from signing / affiliated governing bodies from registering ) signing p,Ayers who have voided their contracts due to clubs breeching contracts (by enforcing reduced terms) during the crisis. That would be a great help.

The truth is nobody knows yet how we will cope.There is no end in sight yet to this situation and every day is a drain on resources.

Whatever happens we need to stick by the club at this time. This could set us back on the park, but our future stability is far more important than stopping the Scum.

I haven't read the entire thread so this may have been covered.I normally pay my ST over 4 months.I would be happy to start doing that now to keep cash flow coming in to the Club.
However the club need to negotiate a reduction on the players wages,especially the top earners from Stevie G downwards until this crises is over.It can be done without causing hardship.I would want the money to be used for essential purposes only.

I hate to piss on everyone's parade but I think the vast majority of our "wonderful support" don't care. We allowed our club to be liquidated and some of us can't quite forgive those who never bought season tickets in the "banter" years.

Not wanting to turn it in to this kind of thread but all you did by buying season tickets in those years was line the pockets of gangsters and crooks. It never helped Rangers. Ultimately, the empty seats had a massive effect in helping the new owners get in.

There's a long road with this that none of us know the ending. I'd like to think we'd be in a better position than some to get through this.

Not wanting to turn it in to this kind of thread but all you did by buying season tickets in those years was line the pockets of gangsters and crooks. It never helped Rangers. Ultimately, the empty seats had a massive effect in helping the new owners get in.
The Club wasn't liquidated.

I hate to piss on everyone's parade but I think the vast majority of our "wonderful support" don't care. We allowed our club to be liquidated and some of us can't quite forgive those who never bought season tickets in the "banter" years.
The club was not liquidated you stupid person. The holding company is in the process of liquidation. The club remains the same one formed in 1872.
Every Rangers supporter knows this.
So take your parade and have a piss down London Road.

We will see.

like I say, money men may not have as much money. And season ticket holders will be no where near the same level. No where near.

Don’t underestimate the damage this will have on our economy
What a dose of melancholy you are having today, which is affecting more than a few on here.
Can I return the serve by asking."Do you think we will give the Mhankies the whole Broomloan, just to get the coin in"? :p

no supporter allowed us to be liquidated we where fucked over by SCUM by use of suspect actions

No club anywhere will be equipped to go 6+months without any reasonable income stream. Be interesting to see if season ticket renewals go out, not just at Rangers, but everywhere, could be a PR nightmare when folk are losing income all over the place.

The game needs strong leadership and unity across the world to get through this without losing clubs and fans.

I think this current Coronavirus situation will be a major financial strain for all clubs. Basically like most of us who are off work etc, the players and staff will need to make financial sacrifices and take salaries no more than what they need as they are self distancing at home like everyone else.

It will be hard for all clubs and we are not that much different, other than we had recent bitter experience on how to survive, having endured the flesh eating viruses of Craig Whyte and Charles Green a few years ago.

We don't know how much the club has in readies. We do know that we have well heeled Directors who have promised more funds if needed. The Insurance Companies will slither out of paying anything,as usual and will cite "Acts of God" or something else in the small print which needs a team of lawyers to understand. I can see an arbitrary halving of all contracts coming down the road.Anyway, in today's climate, who needs 20,000 a week?

This virus really puts into perspective who is worth what to society.

IF the players don’t agree to it the club’s are pretty much stuck.

If FIFA stepped up, maybe legislated to prevent member clubs (from signing / affiliated governing bodies from registering ) signing p,Ayers who have voided their contracts due to clubs breeching contracts (by enforcing reduced terms) during the crisis. That would be a great help.

Would love to see the reaction the first player with the brass neck to refuse a pay cut gets, given what the world is going through.

II still think he started it
We don't know how much the club has in readies. We do know that we have well heeled Directors who have promised more funds if needed. The Insurance Companies will slither out of paying anything,as usual and will cite "Acts of God" or something else in the small print which needs a team of lawyers to understand. I can see an arbitrary halving of all contracts coming down the road.Anyway, in today's climate, who needs 20,000 a week?

This virus really puts into perspective who is worth what to society.

Unfortunately the well healed directors won't be as well heeled as they were before if a lot of their wealth is in shares and property, which will probably have reduced in value.

They may also have their own businesses which may be struggling, employees to worry about etc.

I'm not sure it will be as easy for them to provide loans as it might have been in the past.

A lot of players won't like and a lot of supporters either but it's a simple fact players have got to do there bit its quite simple really.

An understandable stance. However, whilst players are, in some cases, on the sort of wages most of us can only dream about the principle remains the same. Most will have outgoings that match their current - inflated - earning power. But how long will that last? Would you or I offer to take a 50% pay cut in order to keep the company we work for going?

I think a deferment of salary might be a much more likely option as happened, initially, in 2012.

An understandable stance. However, whilst players are, in some cases, on the sort of wages most of us can only dream about the principle remains the same. Most will have outgoings that match their current - inflated - earning power. But how long will that last? Would you or I offer to take a 50% pay cut in order to keep the company we work for going?

I think a deferment of salary might be a much more likely option as happened, initially, in 2012.
Understand your point of view but in the real world at the moment you just get paid off

Back