Arfield chance

Bit harsh on him, watching the highlights the ball is actually played just slightly behind him and he has to check his run and hit it with his trailing leg.

If he was a few inches back or the ball was a few inches in front he could’ve hammered it but it landed to him in probably the most awkward position and all he could do was contort his body to try and guide it.

The rebound from Jack was the sitter IMO, Twice at parkhead he has tamely missed a gilt edged chance to win us the game

The difference between a decent midfielder and what we need going forward IMO.
This. I think if Arfield had hit it flush it would have been blocked at the near post - the gap was to sidefoot it to the back post.

Jack is one of FollowFollow's favourite sons though, so seems to be missing getting any stick for what was a horrific attempt that amounted to no more than a pass back. Had it been the likes of Aribo, Kamara, Sakala missing the rebound they'd have been, rightly, slaughtered.

Our midfielders shooting, finishing, strength of shot and composure when trying to shoot at goal is absolutely terrible. They cannot be trusted.

This is another reason why I am desperate for Ramsey to return on Thursday.

The rebound from Jack was the sitter IMO, Twice at parkhead he has tamely missed a gilt edged chance to win us the game

Jack has all the shooting power of Jason Holt. It really is so timid every time.

Keeping in mind those chances and the attempts on goal V Braga, that’s supposed to be our very best midfielder for getting into the box and supporting the strikers.

We have needed more than one midfielder like Arfield for about 4 years now, it’s essential in our league to have the basic capability to have a decent shot at goal or create chances.

Otherwise what you end up with is four years later still over relying on Arfield alone to do that, he should be winding down or competing with someone for that role after 4 bloody years at it.

Watched the highlights again and can’t help but think, if he puts his foot through it he scores.

It’s a daisycutter and a relatively straightforward stop for Hart.

I have always been of the opinion that Arfield is not a good finisher, really misses far too many reasonable goalscoring chances.

Roofe got him out of jail after his two horrendous misses v Braga a few weeks ago. His miss yesterday was the final nail in our title hopes.

His miss yesterday was the final nail in our title hopes.
There was plenty of missed chances yesterday, it wouldn’t be right to single out the Arfield chance as the final nail. Including Ryan Jack who had a great chance to score instantly after the Arfield shot was saved.

Watched the highlights again and can’t help but think, if he puts his foot through it he scores.

It’s a daisycutter and a relatively straightforward stop for Hart.

It was a terrific late run into the box and he tried to glide it into the corner.
He was unlucky imo.

Heavily involved in our goal and also played a perfectly weighted ball through to Sakala for his one on one with Hart.

He also pretty much closed down McGregor and nullified him yesterday.

I thought it was a decent effort tbh and would've been blocked if he tried to place it anywhere else. Was a good save. Jack on the follow up was a much more difficult chance to take as it was so high and he had to jump for it. I was surprised he didn't go for the diving header but then 2 of their players were steaming in to block it and he'd probably have got a sore one if he did. Kent had a far easier chance than either of those 2. If the FF go to of criticising everything and everyone needs fulfilled then have a pop at him. B-)

Bit harsh on him, watching the highlights the ball is actually played just slightly behind him and he has to check his run and hit it with his trailing leg.

If he was a few inches back or the ball was a few inches in front he could’ve hammered it but it landed to him in probably the most awkward position and all he could do was contort his body to try and guide it.
Boyd made this point on TV as well. Jack's effort at the rebound was worse IMO.

Arfield has at least chipped in with a few goals from midfield during his time with us.

As for Kamara, Jack & Davis however...nowhere near enough goals from them

It was an awkward height tbf but he had more time than he thought to take an extra touch

His attempt yesterday was horrendous.

However,:

Great goal, but they’re super rare - let’s be honest. Folk will have a go at Kent, or Arfield, or even Aribo - but if Lundstram is your sitter, it’s also pretty poor to partner him with a Jack or Kamara; both of whom struggle for 3 goals a season.

It's too few and not often enough. Not just Arfield our team is littered with players who share the same trait.
I disagree 100% with your opinion.

We’ve won 55 last season with an amazing set of figures with records broken. We scored some great team goals & different types of finishes.

This year in Europe the team has been outstanding home & away. It’s disappointing how league draws have scuppered our search for 56 but I’ll not be critical on this set of players.

Arfield loses the ball so often but turns up in great positions a lot. I'm 50:50 on him getting a new deal.

Great goal, but they’re super rare - let’s be honest. Folk will have a go at Kent, or Arfield, or even Aribo - but if Lundstram is your sitter, it’s also pretty poor to partner him with a Jack or Kamara; both of whom struggle for 3 goals a season.
Assuming you meant sitter rather than sister? Otherwise you'll have to run that one by me again. B-) B-) B-)

Our midfielders shooting, finishing, strength of shot and composure when trying to shoot at goal is absolutely terrible. They cannot be trusted.

This is another reason why I am desperate for Ramsey to return on Thursday.
It's pretty much the entirety of our team who are poor are shooting. Outside of Tav and Lundstrom most of our team are poor at shooting. Moreles and Roofe are decent at times aswell. The rest are all pretty poor finishers. It's our biggest weakness and something that has never been addressed ever since the start of Gerrard's reign. We seem to have all these metrics and data for signing players to improve, yet don't seem to go for players who are good strikers of the ball.

Kent, Aribo, Davis, Kamara for their level are very poor at shooting. For Kent and Aribo in particular we should be getting far better goal returns from the advanced positions they play.

Nae Bank Holidays on FF, the abuse keeps rolling on.
I dislike "blue on blue" in-fighting as much as the next person but think
of it this way - a champion racing driver, golfer, snooker player all rely
on repeating a top performance at every appearance. All we are
expecting is our players "to turn up at work and do what they're paid
to do"...... simples.

It's pretty much the entirety of our team who are poor are shooting. Outside of Tav and Lundstrom most of our team are poor at shooting. Moreles and Roofe are decent at times aswell. The rest are all pretty poor finishers. It's our biggest weakness and something that has never been addressed ever since the start of Gerrard's reign. We seem to have all these metrics and data for signing players to improve, yet don't seem to go for players who are good strikers of the ball.

Kent, Aribo, Davis, Kamara for their level are very poor at shooting. For Kent and Aribo in particular we should be getting far better goal returns from the advanced positions they play.
Add your name to the poor finishers list

Back