Arfield - time up?

ElBuffalo20

Unless injuries build up I don't see him getting much game time in what's left of the season.

Not heard if he is currently injured but if he's fit and isn't getting in squad that's without Raskin Lawrence and Hagi it doesn't look good for Scotty.

Unless injuries build up I don't see him getting much game time in what's left of the season.

Not heard if he is currently injured but if he's fit and isn't getting in squad that's without Raskin Lawrence and Hagi it doesn't look good for Scotty.

Important squad member on and off of the pitch.

Continues to prove people wrong season after season and he's more than earned another year.

I don't see him staying beyond his contract which is up in the summer, we have far too many quality choices in his position.

The likes of Alex Lowry or Cole McKinnon deserve the next step in his place, Arf has been great for us, though. A very handy player who's given us his all, good dressing room member as well.

I don't see him staying beyond his contract which is up in the summer, we have far too many quality choices in his position.

The likes of Alex Lowry or Cole McKinnon deserve the next step in his place, Arf has been great for us, though. A very handy player who's given us his all, good dressing room member as well.

We can't just get rid of all senior players in one go though.

He does a lot for Rangers off the park as well.

We can't just get rid of all senior players in one go though.

He does a lot for Rangers off the park as well.
We do if we wish to progress, sentimentality won't get us far. I like Arfield but as I've said, we have younger and fitter players in his position that more than deserve the nod in his place, especially with the home grown quota for Europe.

We do if we wish to progress, sentimentality won't get us far. I like Arfield but as I've said, we have younger and fitter players in his position that more than deserve the nod in his place, especially with the home grown quota for Europe.

Younger and fitter players that have zero experience of winning a league title for Rangers.

McGregor will go. Likely Davis too.

Scott Arfield comfortably has another year in him as an experienced squad player.

I'd be happy with him off the bench occasionally - but much like Davis, he could probably play every week and boss it somewhere else in Premier league.

Love Scott

But we have loved and lost better players, maybe not any better people, but it goes with the territory.

Next year, a year older, a bit slower, and a bit less effective, even as a super sub.

I cant see another deal for him.

It will be a sad day.

You just love that salute

I thought he was a stick on for another season, but he's not featured much since Beale came in.

Equivalent of 3 full games he has played.

I think he might want to play more often somewhere for his last couple of seasons.

Younger and fitter players that have zero experience of winning a league title for Rangers.

McGregor will go. Likely Davis too.

Scott Arfield comfortably has another year in him as an experienced squad player.
We have Goldson, Tav, Jack and arguably Kamara and Kent as senior squad members. I just can't see us offering him an extended deal in the summer.

No matter what he can still to this day come on and offer something different and sometimes its needed. Cant see him getting extended but wouldnt right off his impact yet

Less of the he deserves another season, he’s not good enough to play on the deeper roles and we literally have loads more options in the 3 behind striker so he should be nowhere near the bench in a fully fit squad

Some leap on the basis of not being in ONE squad.

Love him but he will rightly be away at the end of this season. Lowry can take his place in the squad.

He has scored some important goals and is due some slack.

Never write a guy like him off.

Love the guy. He is everything you would expect from a Rangers player. His conduct is impeccable. Might be his last months in a blue jersey, and if it is, he will be able to hold his head up high and never have to put his hand in his pocket for a drink

Impact sub for rest of season then depart in the summer.

We want to actually win the league next season, hence the dire need for a clearout and reset in the summer.

No room for sentiment when it comes to trying to win league titles. We are way, way past that.

Think his time with us will end in the summer - been a fantastic signing, scored some important goals and gave us great moments

Aberdeen shows he still has a role to play. It may be less than before but still important nonetheless.

Can't see him getting much more game time at all. We have so many good and better options now in the 2 positions he'd play.

I just think now Beale will as he has been doing try to get the squad age down so all the players coming in will be younger and fitter and quicker and be able to mould into his team.
To play fast-attacking football you need fast-attacking strikers and midfielders.

Folk forgetting we can use 5 subs a season despite the manager pretty much mentioning it in any interview he does?

Jeezo, what a pointless OP. I really despair at the need of some posters to throw big wee blankets after a brilliant Away result

He’s still a fantastic impact sub. Wouldn’t mind him committing to another year, on reduced terms perhaps.

Back