Argentina make it in to the World Cup

Live Forever

Official Ticketer
Needed a win last night away to Ecuador. Went 1-0 down but Messi popped up with a hat trick to get them through.

Chile lost 3-0 to Brazil and are out.

USA also lost and won't be in Russia either. Bad campaign from them.

Chile will be a big miss.

Surprised USA missed out. Who qualified from their section?

You look at the embarrassment of talent in that Argentine squad and wonder why qualifying was such a struggle?

If it’s down to the coach, wouldn’t they be better replacing him before the finals?

Just seen the goals from the Brazil Chile game, 1st & 3rd goals were quite comical. Bravo showing why City signed the Brazilian keeper to replace him by spilling a Dani Alves free kick straight to the feet of Paulinho, then Gabriel Jesus scores into an empty net deep into injury time with Bravo stranded up the pitch following a set piece.

Messi’s chip for the 3rd will get a lot of focus, but the finish for the 2nd was brilliant.

Glad they made it.

Messi literally carrying that team on his back. He really shouldn't considering the amount of talent in it.

The greatest of all time.

He's a GOD. No other words. He really is from another planet.

DL17OeFXcAA_x6N.jpg

You look at the embarrassment of talent in that Argentine squad and wonder why qualifying was such a struggle?

If it’s down to the coach, wouldn’t they be better replacing him before the finals?

They've had 3 coaches in this campaign. Current one Sampaoli was only in charge for the last 4 or 5 games.

He's a good manager and he'll get them sorted in time for the finals imo.

Messi literally carrying that team on his back. He really shouldn't considering the amount of talent in it.

The greatest of all time.

Maybe if he wins it for them, off his own back, he could be considered this.
If that's the criteria you wish to use.

I always thought that they would make it, they have too much talent not to. I imagine that there would be riots and lynchings if they didn't:eek:

W.A.T.P.
I thought the worst they would do would be the play-off's and they would probably have won that. But it was a a bit concerning that they needed to take it to the last game. Glad they are there. Love their passion and the noise that their fans create. Second to none.

Poor from them. They have been trying hard to promote the game over there aswell.

they finally have a thriving top league system filled with US players (many very decent ones) rather than mostly foreigners
and yet cannot get out that group

got to be the coach & selection

they finally have a thriving top league system filled with US players (many very decent ones) rather than mostly foreigners
and yet cannot get out that group

got to be the coach & selection

There's a number of younger players coming through yet Arena went for the old guard to see them through the qualifiers. Perhaps, understandably.

The US administration and coaching needs a complete overhaul and I would imagine the Federation President will find it difficult to hang on.

The biggest problem, though, has been the youth set-up. It has been addressed in recent years but the current problem is a lack of core players in their mid-to-late twenties - a result of a poor system.

Messi is the only player to have scored any competitive goals for Argentina in the last year.

That is quite incredible and sums up how little the rest pull their weight.

I thought the worst they would do would be the play-off's and they would probably have won that. But it was a a bit concerning that they needed to take it to the last game. Glad they are there. Love their passion and the noise that their fans create. Second to none.
Love their fans 'maradonas better than pele' song..some good videos on you tube.

Love their fans 'maradonas better than pele' song..some good videos on you tube.
Their fans are the best IMO. Love them. Yes, that's a great one mate. They have some fantastic chants/songs.

And at least their beautiful lady fans will be able to attend the WC !

Needed a win last night away to Ecuador. Went 1-0 down but Messi popped up with a hat trick to get them through.

Chile lost 3-0 to Brazil and are out.

USA also lost and won't be in Russia either. Bad campaign from them.

How can that be right, Messi doesn't have the right genetics!!

2nbbkhf.png

Love those pictures.

Watched the game last night and Argentina were awful in all honesty. Without Messi they're average at best. Defending is comical.

Anyone who can't see why Messi is the best player on the planet needs to learn a bit more about the beautiful game.

There's a number of younger players coming through yet Arena went for the old guard to see them through the qualifiers. Perhaps, understandably.

The US administration and coaching needs a complete overhaul and I would imagine the Federation President will find it difficult to hang on.

The biggest problem, though, has been the youth set-up. It has been addressed in recent years but the current problem is a lack of core players in their mid-to-late twenties - a result of a poor system.
Arena is a terrible manager. The fat cats will still be cashing their checks though.

The youth set-up is predominantly built around kids who can afford to play with the "select" clubs. Washed up coaches and trainers from around the world picking up six figure salaries training kids who can afford to pay. Many of the kids have no right to be playing at "club" level, but you need to fund the top teams with the revenue from the "scrubs".

When I got out of the "select" game, (volunteer, not paid) there were about 10 clubs around Houston alone, some of them had 5-7 teams in some age groups. The kids in the bottom level teams could hardly tie their laces, never mind control a ball.

It's all top heavy, but those at the top are making a good living. This disaster should cause a major shake-up. The difficulty will be wrestling away control from those said fat cats.

The youth set-up is predominantly built around kids who can afford to play with the "select" clubs...

And this is the main issue.

I can't comment on the cost around the rest of the US. In NYC, however, one of the main youth organisations is charging over $3k per season for kids as young as 7yo to be on their travel teams. For recreational, it's about half.

PSG have just opened their NYC 'academy' in an attempt to nurture US talent (or to make easy money).

Not a fan of the country but I’m glad they made it,some quality players in there squad,Chile will be a massive miss but.

And this is the main issue.

I can't comment on the cost around the rest of the US. In NYC, however, one of the main youth organisations is charging over $3k per season for kids as young as 7yo to be on their travel teams. For recreational, it's about half.

PSG have just opened their NYC 'academy' in an attempt to nurture US talent (or to make easy money).
When my son played, including travel expenses, I would have loved to have had a $3k bill for a year.

My lad's delighted.....he's going over there to work next year and it'll be SO much better if they're participating!

Back