Arsenal - All or Nothing

As an absolute fitba nerd, I cannot stand these documentaries at all. However, this has car crash ‘Sunderland till I die’ potential - so may tune in.

Out of interest, how did he end up being the chef at Arsenal?
He’s the Scotland national team chef mate. That’s how he met Tierney. Started working with Tierney, then the position came up at Arsenal.

Currently working as Arsenal and Scotland chef. Still attends every Rangers game he can, as I said earlier, was at Livingston last Saturday.

These shows were interesting at the start, but filming the likes of Spurs and Arsenal who win %^*& all and have been nowhere near doing so is diluting their impact.

would go the other way TBH.

when done well it matters not a f*ck who the show is about IMO, some of the better NFL ones are the teams who have been gash - loads of the sh*t teams on drive to survive are really fascinating as well.

would go the other way TBH.

when done well it matters not a f*ck who the show is about IMO, some of the better NFL ones are the teams who have been gash - loads of the sh*t teams on drive to survive are really fascinating as well.
I agree. Sunderland was a hit because the club was a disaster all the time. If it was a happy dressing room winning and getting on then it would be boring. My favourite bits are showing when players and managers are falling out and what goes on in their discussions.

Six Dreams is good, about Spanish football and follows some players and club directors.

I watched the Spurs one and thought the club had way too much control on the content largely resulting in dull episodes with Levy being seen front and centre.

Sunderland one was excellent

Arteta seems a bit out there. The playing YNWA during training, getting the players to close their eyes and run their hands whilst he talks before a game seems a bit mental to me.

Im still quite sad that we rejected to have Amazon here filming an AON.

Can understand why though, it was an important season and had we not won the league, it'd be Amazon taking it in the neck getting the blame etc.

Compromised and got our Rangers72 doc but still, I'd have loved to have seen the ins and outs of our league winning season.

Can understand why though, it was an important season and had we not won the league, it'd be Amazon taking it in the neck getting the blame etc.

Compromised and got our Rangers72 doc but still, I'd have loved to have seen the ins and outs of our league winning season.
When did this happen?

When did this happen?

Before we won the league, think talks started in March the season before, Amazon and Rangers were in talks to film an All or Nothing with us, Gerrard was a big part of the draw.

It was apparently given the okay, Amazon kept putting out little teasers and Rangers content.

Then was rejected by the club just before the season started over fears it could be detrimental to the season, and what was on the line was 55 or them doing ten.

Amazon still supported us throughout that season though, tweeting about when we won the league etc.

There's articles out there on us turning it down.

I don't think I'd be a fan of Rangers doing it. It very rarely ends well.

The Simeone documentary on Amazon was great timing. Filming him whilst they won the league in 20/21.

I don't think I'd be a fan of Rangers doing it. It very rarely ends well.

The Simeone documentary on Amazon was great timing. Filming him whilst they won the league in 20/21.

Yeah I think that's why reneged on it. Could've ended in tears for us, Amazon would've got great content either way.

Watching the second episode just now and I have to say I actually really like Arteta as a manager. I was expecting him to come across as incompetent as his results might imply, but I think it’s clear he’s putting a long term plan for success into action.
His results weren’t actually that bad considering they had the youngest squad in the league.

I quite like the insight you get into the players mind like you do for the young lad Tavares in Ep3. Or that their only concern with Smith Rowe was not his football abilities but he might have been too shy to make it.

We are all guilty of thinking players like robots and thinking they should just turn up and perform week in week out as fans.

If you'd have listened to what the guy said you would have realised he's not a fat nobody. Worked as the clubs photographer for 30 years. Bit of a crass and ignorant outlook on it really.

Was tongue in cheek, ffs. I can’t go stuff like that at all mind you.

What about the fanny who’d left the game v Man City before halftime saying the players on the field hadn’t reciprocated the passion off it? Irony meter fucked.

Back