Arsenal manager sacked

Good. He's not taken Arsenal on any since Wenger left. Seems a decent guy, but just not good enough, and he lost the players.

Money also talks, Rodgers is apparently on 5 mill a year, if Arsenal want him and offer him say 7-8 mill a year, his head will unquestionably be turned.
Would be be more like £10/12m.
How much more money does Brenda need?

Arsenal are still a massive club so there will be no shortage of quality applicants. The problem set in years ago when they were scared to replace Wenger. Needs a clear out and some players brought in that can give them quality but also a bit of steel.

Vieira would be an interesting appointment but I reckon they'll go for Nuno and it would be a hard one for him to resist tbh, despite the current shit-state of Arsenal.

Imo, the man they really need and who would toughen the whole club up big style is Diego Simeone. But I dont think theres a snowballs chance he would consider leaving Atleti even if Arsenal did make an approach.

I think when you have the money he probably already has, the extra £2-3 a year isn't all that big a carrot. If the league finished as it was just now and he takes Leicester to 2nd place above Man City, he can pick and chose where he goes next.

His ego is telling him he’s the man to go there and win them a title but. That’s Rodgers for you

Van Bronckhorst would maybe be a decent appointment for them. Get the feeling they may go for Rodgers.

Mikel Arteta surely, Pep was saying recently he’s more than ready to be his own man.
Arsenal will see what SG and FL are doing and I think they will fancy this route...

As much as Arsenal seem a shambles at the moment, it's by in large the same group of players that got them to a Europa League final and 1 point of top 4 (actually should have got top 4 if Emery didn't play a reserve team at home to Crystal Palace).

Performances drop obviously when the manager loses the dressing room like Emery has, but if you are any manager that believes in your abilities surely you'd fancy yourself to be able to get them playing better, and with a further couple of sensible additions get them right back up to at least competing for the Champions League places again?

Think folk are kidding themselves on if they think it's not an attractive job for a manager, plus it pays well.

Not sure why people think Rodgers would leave Leicester for Arsenal, unless it was simply about the money. How many Arsenal players would get into the current Leicester side? Perhaps Aubameyang, though I'd go with Vardy myself. Arsenal do have some good young players that Rodgers would definitely improve, the likes of Willock, Nelson, Saka and Martinelli. But I just don't see that one happening.

They need an Allegri or a Benitez to fix them short term.

Not sure why people think Rodgers would leave Leicester for Arsenal, unless it was simply about the money. How many Arsenal players would get into the current Leicester side? Perhaps Aubameyang, though I'd go with Vardy myself. Arsenal do have some good young players that Rodgers would definitely improve, the likes of Willock, Nelson, Saka and Martinelli. But I just don't see that one happening.

They need an Allegri or a Benitez to fix them short term.

Benitez is on £12m a year in China, he ain’t coming back to manage Arsenal.

Yeah, agreed. Only saying what they need though ideally, not whom they shall actually get. Pochettino has to be a realistic shout, surely?

Being honest will it really matter who they get? They now shop for players in the market that aren’t considered good enough for Chelsea with players like Cech and Luiz. They have a quality front two the rest are bang average imo.Guindoezi is a Crystal Palace player at best for example.

Pretty sure they pay more than any other fans in the world to watch their team and get massively short changed by their owners and their ambitions imo.

NEXT MANAGER ODDS
Massimiliano Allegri - 2/1
Freddie Ljungberg - 3/1
Nuno Espirito Santo - 4/1
Mikel Arteta - 6/1
Mauricio Pochettino - 6/1
Rafael Benitez - 16/1
Carlo Ancelotti - 16/1
Eddie Howe, Julian Nagelsmann, Patrick Vieira, Brendan Rodgers, Erik ten Hag - all 20/1
Odds courtesy of Paddy Power

Being honest will it really matter who they get? They now shop for players in the market that aren’t considered good enough for Chelsea with players like Cech and Luiz. They have a quality front two the rest are bang average imo.Guindoezi is a Crystal Palace player at best for example.

Pretty sure they pay more than any other fans in the world to watch their team and get massively short changed by their owners and their ambitions imo.

You don't have to shop at the top top end of the market to build a good team though. If you go through the process with a good manager / coach and sensible recruitment you can build yourself up to be able to compete near the top of the table, and therefore compete for better players. It should be a process, ala Liverpool

You don't have to shop at the top top end of the market to build a good team though. If you go through the process with a good manager / coach and sensible recruitment you can build yourself up to be able to compete near the top of the table, and therefore compete for better players. It should be a process, ala Liverpool

Of course, however it would appear that the Arsenal board have zero interest in building a successful team imo. They have been on the way down for about a decade now.

The likes of an Allegri would be mental to take the Arsenal job as it could only end up with his reputation going downwards rather than upwards. He will get offered jobs where he Will be back financially so he can compete such as Bayern, Man Utd etc.

Emery signing Tierney was his suicide note at Arsenal. There was no way back after that.

Spot on the person who gifted Celtic 25ml should be sacked.

I’d say signing Luiz was a bigger mistake.

Agree with all of these posts. Both of them are pish defenders.

And in the case of biscuit hips, that's a pish defender who's always injured.

As abillyt says above, whoever sanctioned that gift to the scum needs hunted along with Emery

76pTvRT.jpg

Of course, however it would appear that the Arsenal board have zero interest in building a successful team imo. They have been on the way down for about a decade now.

The likes of an Allegri would be mental to take the Arsenal job as it could only end up with his reputation going downwards rather than upwards. He will get offered jobs where he Will be back financially so he can compete such as Bayern, Man Utd etc.

They were 1 point off of Top 4 last season and spent over £125M in the summer (through a lot of installments). Not many teams spent more. You can't say they didn't show ambition, by all means question the signings but they backed the manager.

Warburton is an Arsenal prototype manager.

Lovely expansive football, weak as piss.

They have to go for Poch, if they have any ambition plus it gets one over on Spurs.

If not, I suspect they will go for Rodgers. Which to be honest I think will be a great appointment for them.

With his Arsenal links I’m surprised John Hartson hasn’t been mentioned in connection with the job. He’s been on the lookout for a managerial role for quite some time and he’s clearly showcased his intelligence in the media. If I was an Arsenal fan it’d be a toss up between him and maybe Sol Campbell.

Back