Arsenal withdraw interest in Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I
I think this has still got a bit to go yet.

That Jimmy McCann agent on twitter who has been bang on about numerous transfers is absolutely convinced the Tierney transfer is agreed & will be announced later this week.
follow him too and he’s been good. Still not convinced 100% but he has been pretty sure this is a done deal.

I

follow him too and he’s been good. Still not convinced 100% but he has been pretty sure this is a done deal.

He’s been one of the more decent but he’s been wrong plenty as well to be fair .

If tierney does go to Arsenal it will be on their terms that much is clear . No way terriers get anywhere near £25 up front

Last edited:
He’s been one of the more decent but he’s been worn plenty as well to be fair .

If tierney does go to Arsenal it will be on their terms that much is clear . No way terriers get anywhere near £25 up front

Think this may be on the mark. Tierney will go but for nowhere near the £25m the scum want up front. Rumour is Arsenal will eventually pay £25m but staggered over 4 payments, £15m upfront and each of the remaining 3 equal payments made after certain targets are met.

Decent player but £25m seems a bit over the top but then again the transfer market in England seems to have got even more crazy this summer.

Was never 25m up front, it was to be staggered over the length of the contract with specific implications, games played, winning the league and European qualification, I and many others doubt he would even pass a medical, but obviously he wants to stay with the hoops for the rest of his career ;), the mhedia will spin this to look like he's turned down Asnenal, glad the lady boy has been ditched he'll miss a lot of games through his injuries and he will be there when we lift 55.happy days.

A big Haw Haw if this turns out to be true. The full flow of the Celtic loving media was evident, every time there was a phone-in or similar, one or other of their paid-in-kind cover up merchants was spinning like a top. Kheevins was almost a one man advertising hoarding for old wheatbix hips, Hannah was almost wanking himself on air at the prospect of his darling club getting £25Million. All of them ignoring the players stats and his shocking injury record.

As soon as theres interest in a Rangers player, they take their foot off the gas. Last night I think spew said that Danny didn't contribute much and was no great loss to Rangers. No effort whatsoever to put any kind of value on the player nor actually state how much he did contribute.

Same old story, Celtic = good, Rangers = bad.

Pathetic and shameless every single one of them.

Think this may be on the mark. Tierney will go but for nowhere near the £25m the scum want up front. Rumour is Arsenal will eventually pay £25m but staggered over 4 payments, £15m upfront and each of the remaining 3 equal payments made after certain targets are met.

Decent player but £25m seems a bit over the top but then again the transfer market in England seems to have got even more crazy this summer.
The payment plan, I believe, would be an up front payment, his wages, the number of games he plays, more for CL qualification, more for winning the EPL, all of that would equate to £25m.

Strangely, on the Huddleboard there is no mention of this, but they have 6 threads on, guess what? Yes Rangers. :rolleyes:

He is pish and would have been found wanting against better opponents, as he is routinely in Europe.
He was only "found out" in last 2 seasons due to Rodgers way of playing in Europe. Arsenal willing to pay £20m+ and you think he's a dud ?
Tierney, 3 successive trebles, Scotland International, found out in Europe.
Tavernier, Challenge cup, part of team v Progres.
You can be selective about achievements.PS, I think Tavernier is central to our chance of winning league.

Quelle surprise. He’ll still be there after the window closes, and the next. And the one after that

He was only "found out" in last 2 seasons due to Rodgers way of playing in Europe. Arsenal willing to pay £20m+ and you think he's a dud ?
You can be selective about achievements.PS, I think Tavernier is central to our chance of winning league.
You write for the Record?

I am sure Celtic have been open with Arsenal about his medical issues, with the promise the he will be 100% fit in time. he wouldn't pass a medical just now and a failed medical is like a stigma. Arsenal, quite rightly, want to protect their interests and build insurance into the payments

Any chance of a translation? :))

Any chance of a translation? :))
Yes. He plays for Celtic so he must be a dud, standard FF logic. He has a good pedigree but plays in a Celtic team which is poor in Europe.
He has an injury which every club will be aware of.
Arsenal have been trying to buy him, so I assume they think his injury can be repaired. He may be out for 3/6 months due to rehabilitation then back playing for potentially 10 years +.
Players in Scotland are not rated/trusted by the very top teams in England (GvB was the Arsenal highest transfer fee paid till then, 2001) so players go to mid table teams in England (Amo,Ferguson, Reyna,Van Dijk,Wanyama,Armstrong). If they perform, they go to a higher level. I suspect that Arsenal think that Tierney could be another Robertson, but are hedging their bet. I suspect he'll go for an undisclosed fee (Tierney will want to go for 2/3× the wages).

Apart from the scottish media has anyone actually seen/heard anyone from Arsenal confirm they were in for him?? Cause i haven't.

Its ok everyone

That’s Derek McGregor of the sun moved onto

But Napoli, Napoli, look over there, Napoli

Sure McGarry will spin the same yarn in his rag

All on the payroll.

Says Arsenal and Napoli have pulled out the race lol. Would be a real shame if he was out with his hip injury for a looooong time.

Funny. When I started a thread last week pointing out that ESPN in US were highlighting Arsenal targets and he wasn't one of them, a few on here starting barking about being in denial and Arsenal friendly journos were backing that they'd made huge bids for him. Seemed like the whole situation was being exaggerated by Sottish media.

He's obviously recovering from major surgery. He obviously wouldn't pass a medical at this point. The need for the Scottish media and tims to promote him beyond his real value is blatant.

He's never worth 25m and him playing the same position as Andy Robertson doesn't make that true.

Sky Sports played their part in hyping up this alleged bid

Danny Mills on SSN I think said he could be worth £50m if Man Utd paid that for Wan-Bassaka

Discussion on SSN now and only Michael Bridge (I think) said Arsenal have to have doubts as player is injured so Arsenal would need to take precautions re deal

I’m not convinced he’d pass a rigorous medical

Last edited:
Waiting for the Calum McGregor is on arsenal/city/Barca radar for £30 mill headlines.

Agree. They will want net money in for transfers in case they don’t make the CL groups.

They’ve spent maybe 12m so far ?

So they need at least 20m cash in, and Rogic & Ntcham May not get them that.

Were the mentally challengeds unwilling to allow one to take place? :))
How could they sell to them anyway if he's injured and if he stays a pound to a penny they'll dress it up and sell it to their supporters as having 25 million pounds rated player,self inflated price that is.

Both good and bad for us. He is despite the views on here a really decent player. If he plays against us they are stronger for it. I would much prefer the new LB.

Good for us in that if they don’t qualify for CL group stages they won’t be signing big players. They will need to trim hopefully Mcgregor goes. That helps us a lot.

Don’t get people who rubbish Tierney. He is a decent player just admit that and live your life.

The media is out of control. I am far from an expert on transfer dealings - the idea of a top6 club paying that amount of money for a player who has just had surgery and also has not played at anywhere close to the top level, is quite simply, absurd and I doubt any truth in it.

Arsenal weren’t willing to pay £20m , £15m yes , rising to above £20m but he would never achieved those targets , it’s good you talk him up ,and bring our captain into it , just remember who Tav was playing alongside compared to Tierney , and still gained far superior stats each season .

How could they sell to them anyway if he's injured and if he stays a pound to a penny they'll dress it up and sell it to their supporters as having 25 million pounds rated player,self inflated price that is.
That's my thoughts exactly mate. Demand a sum of money that no one will pay as they know he won't pass a medical. This way they've knocked back big money and their "asset" isn't drastically devalued by being deemed unfit.

Both good and bad for us. He is despite the views on here a really decent player. If he plays against us they are stronger for it. I would much prefer the new LB.

Good for us in that if they don’t qualify for CL group stages they won’t be signing big players. They will need to trim hopefully Mcgregor goes. That helps us a lot.

Don’t get people who rubbish Tierney. He is a decent player just admit that and live your life.

He can't be a good player when he's sitting injured on the sidelines though :)

Yes. He plays for Celtic so he must be a dud, standard FF logic. He has a good pedigree but plays in a Celtic team which is poor in Europe.
He has an injury which every club will be aware of.
Arsenal have been trying to buy him, so I assume they think his injury can be repaired. He may be out for 3/6 months due to rehabilitation then back playing for potentially 10 years +....).

Surely the obvious flaw in that argument is that if it’s going to take 3-6 months before he’s playing again why would Arsenal not just sit tight until the January window or the Summer 2020 window to see if he can prove his fitness? Why pay money now for a guy who can’t help their team until, potentially, next year anyway?

Calm down mate, nobody will slag Tierney again, promise.

I would like to think it was all bullshit hype, but it was more Arsenal being cheapskates probably wanting to pay the money over the next 25 years. Unfortunately, they also look like they've got an easy path into the CL, which means they aren't in any rush to sell.

What I take for this whole thing, is that it shows clubs down south are willing to pay £20M+ for players in Scotland, that should be a huge benefit to us in the years to come.

Bellend are you!

Be interesting to see if they try and punt McGregor or Forrest now as no one is going to pay the stupid fees they need for Tierney or Ntcham.

The English window shuts before the CL qualifiers are over and if they fail to qualify they run the risk of running at big loss without player sales this season which will mean no £2.7m bonus for Lawwell which he won’t let happen.

I suspect while the hordes are distracted about our issues with sports direct they might try and punt a few key players in the next two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back