Arsenal withdraw interest in Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely the obvious flaw in that argument is that if it’s going to take 3-6 months before he’s playing again why would Arsenal not just sit tight until the January window or the Summer 2020 window to see if he can prove his fitness? Why pay money now for a guy who can’t help their team until, potentially, next year anyway?
And get him cheaper because he is no longer in a league winning team.

Never for a moment believed he would go for 25 million. He may well get sold before the window closes( don’t know how he will pass a medical though) but it will be for nowhere near the figure quoted no matter how it is spun

They cant get one to sign ...

Tierney is a decent player but seems serious serious doubts about this injury and his ability to return to full fitness.

the tims in work are raging they aint getting big money and have signed the other 3m boy ... who appears unable to defend.

Haven’t they signed some Israeli RB mate ?

I know I'm guilty for contributing to this thread, but wow 7 pages and still going strong on one of their players potential move collapsing is a little mind boggling.

For me the star of the whole show is the FF user who came up with the "Biscuit Hips" name for Tierney.
:))
e4T6oO2.png

It's funny but a bit of perspective though. This could go 2 ways
Ideal they mutents have a unhappy stroppy left back who down tools

Or they could have a fit again playing out his skin for more suiters to try and get money for plus they will want say 30m for spotty choco hips. Remember to EPL clubs 30m is like 5m unless your arsenal that is
Your second scenario is never happening, that's well safe lordwatp.

It was quite sad the fact they even tried so many times. The player's own manager admitted he was struggling with a recurring injury. Something that will just keep coming back.

I know I'm guilty for contributing to this thread, but wow 7 pages and still going strong on one of their players potential move collapsing is a little mind boggling.

I don't think it's that surprising. This Transfer could have a major impact on how our main rivals shape up this season. They'll not openly admit it, but they'd desperately want £25 million that could bring in 1 or 2 players to try see them over the line. (I say 1 or 2 as there's no way the Celtic board would reinvest that kind of money).

There's no harm on keeping an eye on how this all pans out.

The only way I know what is going on at the DhimDome is from what I read on here, so I'm grateful to those who keep an eye on things for us. Their transfer news is relevant to us so, in my opinion, is worth keeping an eye on. As is any news of 'crisis' on any level. Some of the other posts we get though? Could probably do without.

Last edited:
Arsenal deal isn't dead according to SSN, there still working to get it done, maybe biscuit hips head has been turned and he wants to go.

[QUOTE="Skyy Bluenose, post: 3984812, member: 635"

On a related "mug" topic, one mentally challenged claimed Paul McStay tuned down millions from Juventus, to stay at the piggery.

They are not normal.[/QUOTE]

Well it was rumoured Ascoli were in for "the Maestro". There was that "emotional moment" when he threw his jersey into the Jungle-for the last time; then appeared for pre-season training as nae chunt wanted him. Spun as he never really wanted to go.

Ascoli do however play in black & white stripes to so can see how Timmy has now spun this to be Juve.

How does that work? How does he pass a medical if he's currently out with an injury that he's had on and off for a season?

If it was simply the recovery from the double hernia op then you'd think the medical would be fairly straightforward. Easy to establish if that is healing as it should. The other problem, with his hip/stomach, seems to be something that can only be fully cured by rest. How any medical would show that there is no chance of a recurrence is beyond me. Presumably that is why Arsenal want the deal to be heavily loaded in favour of appearance-related clauses.

The bizarre thing is Arsenal seem to have put all their eggs into one basket, so to speak, with Tierney. Nothing at all linking them with alternatives. There is actually better out there at a lower price and without the potential injury concerns. The whole thing just 'smells'.

They'd be better spending 6m on Barry Douglas than the boy who's made of glass. More productive and all round better player than Tierney. If he wasn't valued as high I'd love him at Ibrox but 6m signings won't be getting made till we win the league or champs league unless a player who could be a real coup and standout in our team and league and has a huge sell on value

If it was simply the recovery from the double hernia op then you'd think the medical would be fairly straightforward. Easy to establish if that is healing as it should. The other problem, with his hip/stomach, seems to be something that can only be fully cured by rest. How any medical would show that there is no chance of a recurrence is beyond me. Presumably that is why Arsenal want the deal to be heavily loaded in favour of appearance-related clauses.

The bizarre thing is Arsenal seem to have put all their eggs into one basket, so to speak, with Tierney. Nothing at all linking them with alternatives. There is actually better out there at a lower price and without the potential injury concerns. The whole thing just 'smells'.

Looking at their targets, it looks like they are targeting youth with the potential to improve. 18 year old defender Saliba, 22 year old left back Tienery, 22 year old midfielder Ceballos. The only reported target 25+ is Zaha, but even the alternative to him looks like it could be 23 year old Everton Soares.

They are definitely trying to lower the age profile of the squad, possibly with a view of trying to get some of the overpaid older players such as Koscielny, Monreal, Mkhitaryan & Ozil off the books over the next year or 2, which should in turn help lower their wage bill as well.

The fact that Danny Rose, an established England international is being linked away for around £20m shows that the Tierney fee is a tall tale.

If it is £25m, then it must be close to what a previous poster said and it’s got massive appearance conditions which simply won’t happen as A) Tierney would get seriously found out and B) his hips have the same construction composition as a 12-day, sun-dried wheetabix.

They'd be better spending 6m on Barry Douglas than the boy who's made of glass. More productive and all round better player than Tierney. If he wasn't valued as high I'd love him at Ibrox but 6m signings won't be getting made till we win the league or champs league unless a player who could be a real coup and standout in our team and league and has a huge sell on value

Is that the quoted fee for Douglas MM ?

Is that the quoted fee for Douglas MM ?
Not sure. I dunno if it was on here or on twitter that he was valued around that due to him being Leeds main Lb and you know what the market is like down there. I think he'd be a great signing for us and a thiught a fee of around 3m could have been enough to get him when there was threads on here suggesting him if borna left. But if given the choice the now to get him for 3m I'd prob say no unless we sell barasic as I'd rather we spent it on another attacking player maybe a 10 or a striker

Not sure. I dunno if it was on here or on twitter that he was valued around that due to him being Leeds main Lb and you know what the market is like down there. I think he'd be a great signing for us and a thiught a fee of around 3m could have been enough to get him when there was threads on here suggesting him if borna left. But if given the choice the now to get him for 3m I'd prob say no unless we sell barasic as I'd rather we spent it on another attacking player maybe a 10 or a striker

Agree completely mate, thanks.

For the record my thoughts are that we could get maybe 3.0-3.5m for Borna & I’d sell him. I know others disagree but I’d use his Croatia promotion to get a good fee now. I’m still nervous about the guy.

Am I right that Douglas is a big bear ?

Tierney has agreed terms in principle with Arsenal. As another poster alludes to above, the "deal" has been agreed.

poets cracking up on twitter, the "right back" they have signed is actually a centre half and has only played a handful of games at right back.

Please tell me that's true, it'd be hilarious.

Let's also note that the right back played for a team that came 3rd in the Israeli league. If Celtic get through to the next round of the champions league they could be playing the Israeli champions. Hopefully it'll help put Celtic out. If they miss the champions league again it's huge for us.

Let's also note that the right back played for a team that came 3rd in the Israeli league. If Celtic get through to the next round of the champions league they could be playing the Israeli champions. Hopefully it'll help put Celtic out. If they miss the champions league again it's huge for us.

Efe Ambrose style. He did the same when he signed him for right back and had to end up playing him CB.

Who needs a work permit, however he does not fit the criteria, but selling club have written a letter so everything is ok. Rules what rules.

Yeah It doesn't sound right to me either -

I have difficulty believing Arsenal have made multiple increased bids for KT -
Especially as most people must know there are severe doubts about his fitness or ability to recover from a chronic injury

I wouldn't doubt the Gooners may have made enquiries but to continue their interest for this long under these circumstances - doesn't sound likely to me -

Just another timmy fabrication for the phress / ST sales & fan deception much more plausible

Yeah It doesn't sound right to me either -

I have difficulty believing Arsenal have made multiple increased bids for KT -
Especially as most people must know there are severe doubts about his fitness or ability to recover from a chronic injury

I wouldn't doubt the Gooners may have made enquiries but to continue their interest for this long under these circumstances - doesn't sound likely to me -

Just another timmy fabrication for the phress / ST sales & fan deception much more plausible

The interest has been genuine, there's been to many London based journalists with info on it for it not to be true. Of course when that info crosses the border up here then it becomes exaggerated nonsense.

Arsenal will know all too well about the players injury history and will want reassurances. On the side they will have been negotiating with Tierneys agent about a salary. Makes it quicker for the deal when the clubs eventually come to an agreement.

Now I do not know why Lenny Gaga would know the words "Osteitis Pubis" or why he chose to actually utter that exact medical condition to the press a couple of weeks ago and not just a generic hip/pelvic issue, but right away that phrase would have sent alarm bells ringing on Arsenals side, no wonder they want structured payments based on appearances (if that is the case).

He's had this condition for nearly 9 months. There is already been one reoccurrence when he was forced to miss their cup final after been brought back into their team, and he's not been able to train since.
This type of injury requires complete rest for recovery and he's already shown his body is susceptible to it coming back.

This is in no way triumphant but if he does have recurring Osteitis Pubis then there is the very real chance his career at top level football could be over. A quick google shows although manageable in life, it will end an athletes careers at the top when chronic and frequent.

Makes Celtic actually telling the world about it a tad intriguing.

That will be one to watch considering their sympathy towards the PLO!

He's an Arab-Israeli so probably won't suffer the abuse that board member Ian Livingston got when they ran him out of town for being Jewish.

Yep in 2015 not 1915 they ran someone out of the club based on his religion and were called "criminally racist" by their own chairman for it yet very little was said about it in the mHedia???

It all feels very 10/11 to me.

Mythical multi-million pound bids and random player purchases lauded as marquee signings.

Just missing a wonderkid, unless that was meant to be Turnbull.

He'll end up being another Paul McStay and staying there forever despite all the world's elite clamouring for him

Tierney being discussed on transfer centre. Jim White is such a fucking lickspittle. Refused to even mention that the trigger payments Arsenal want is down to Tierneys injury record and said why should Celtic care if Arsenal qualify for the CL as if all the triggers are related to that. He then says Tierneys not in the starting line up tonight but can’t bring himself to say he’s injured. Cocksocket.

The interest has been genuine, there's been to many London based journalists with info on it for it not to be true. Of course when that info crosses the border up here then it becomes exaggerated nonsense.

Arsenal will know all too well about the players injury history and will want reassurances. On the side they will have been negotiating with Tierneys agent about a salary. Makes it quicker for the deal when the clubs eventually come to an agreement.

Now I do not know why Lenny Gaga would know the words "Osteitis Pubis" or why he chose to actually utter that exact medical condition to the press a couple of weeks ago and not just a generic hip/pelvic issue, but right away that phrase would have sent alarm bells ringing on Arsenals side, no wonder they want structured payments based on appearances (if that is the case).

He's had this condition for nearly 9 months. There is already been one reoccurrence when he was forced to miss their cup final after been brought back into their team, and he's not been able to train since.
This type of injury requires complete rest for recovery and he's already shown his body is susceptible to it coming back.

This is in no way triumphant but if he does have recurring Osteitis Pubis then there is the very real chance his career at top level football could be over. A quick google shows although manageable in life, it will end an athletes careers at the top when chronic and frequent.

Makes Celtic actually telling the world about it a tad intriguing.
I read lennons quote in the record and it said osteitis pub is, when I looked again it said hip problem. An actual quote as if that's what he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back