Auction of items from Alex Miller, Jimmy Bell Derek Johnstone ECWC jersey plus Benfica v Rangers 1948 programme

rangeral

lots 84 to 185 relate to the career of Rangers legend, manager and coach Alex Miller

lots 270 to 315 are from the Jimmy Bell Collection

Derek Johnstone ECWc jersey

Benfica v Rangers 1948 programme

Plus some other items including medals from Jim Forrest and Derek Johnstone

Full catalogue - auction is 10th April at the Glasgow Trades Hall

Appears you can bid on item/s right now as the programme is upto £460 - no i haven't bid on it

Just checked out the Ally McCoist 14 top.... Xxl? Would they have had a top in each size ready to go.... Ally was chunky that season but never a xxl!!

Jimmy Bell collection is incredible.

I’d advise the family to be contacting some of those players directly on social media as they may want to buy them back, 25 years old some of them.

Some monsters of the world game in there.

Last edited:
Seen these earlier, some absolutely cracking items - some of the Jersey's are superb. The non Rangers jerseys like Lillian Thuram's and Andy Moeller's are particularly appealling to me, bring back memories of some special nights.

Seen these earlier, some absolutely cracking items - some of the Jersey's are superb. The non Rangers jerseys like Lillian Thuram's and Andy Moeller's are particularly appealling to me, bring back memories of some special nights.
Jurgen Kohler shirt would be nice to have. Great defender back in the late 80s/90s. Winner of a World Cup and Euro Championship.

Jurgen Kohler shirt would be nice to have. Great defender back in the late 80s/90s. Winner of a World Cup and Euro Championship.
Was also trying to find out who wore the Brazil No9 Jersey at Hampden in June 1973, that's in the auction. There are so many fantastic items with great history attached to them in there.

Unbelievable auction.

I seen a video Jon Flanagan put up years ago going around Jimmy bells room, the stuff he had would make it's own museum.

I find it sad that an absolute club giant like DJ has to sell his most famous shirt.

Perhaps the club can buy it and gift it back to him (or display it in the museum)

End of the day, the big man has a lifetime of memories he can cherish with or without the shirt.

Just checked out the Ally McCoist 14 top.... Xxl? Would they have had a top in each size ready to go.... Ally was chunky that season but never a xxl!!
Keep in mind tops in the mid to late 90s were huge, my top from that era is like a tent on me now.

A friend of a friend is selling the Eddie Mccreadie Scotland top from the famous 1967 game v England at Wembley, listed at £7- 10k. Lot 54

Back