Match Thread ** Ayr Utd v Rangers - Sun 11th Feb - Sky Sports **

I'd agree with the strongest team calls, to keep us ticking over and to make sure we're in the next round.

However, I suspect he'll tinker a little. Wouldn't be shocked to see Miller in for Windass and maybe Halliday continuing at LB. As an aside, I hope we get a performance out of Murphy, assuming he plays. He's been a bit quiet imho.

Oh, and I don't know much about Ayr.

I'd tinker a bit as well tbh,give some players a rest;
Alnwick
Martin Cardoso Alves
Tav Docherty Goss Halliday
Murphy
Morelos Cummings

Bring on Miller,Hererra and Barjonas when suitable.

Docherty to start please.

Looking forward to this tomorrow. Going for 4-0 with Murphy scoring his first Gers goal.

4-0 the Glasgow Rangers tomorrow,fancy a “clean sheet “for us,and a double for Cummings.

I'd tinker a bit as well tbh,give some players a rest;
Alnwick
Martin Cardoso Alves
Tav Docherty Goss Halliday
Murphy
Morelos Cummings

Bring on Miller,Hererra and Barjonas when suitable.

Pretty sure Alves isn't even in full training yet nevermind ready to play

In late summer 1969 my elder brother took me to Somerset Park for my first ever Rangers game. Ayr had just been promoted and won 2-1. The crowd was 25,000 plus - a record which still stands and will obviously never be broken. My elder brother won't make it tomorrow due to health issues but I will be there tomorrow with my young brother and nephew. I will think back to that day long past. The crowd will be smaller and the result hopefully better. But our love of the Rangers will be as strong as ever!

Murty didn’t play 2 up top against Fraserburgh so I doubt he will against Ayr. I think it’ll be the same team as midweek. Ayr have got plenty of goals in them at their level but concede loads. 3-1 to the bears, job done.

I'll only be happy with a strong, convincing display and I hope to see Docherty start with Morelos and Cumdog upfront.

Ayr is full of tims so I hope all who are going to the game demonstrate what a great support we can be and don't get involved in any nonsense.

I'm going for 4-0 to the bears.
May be some tims in Ayr but far outnumbered by good bears. WATP

Any score will do for me as long as we're in that next round.

I'll predict 2-0 the Gers.

Hate when the other cup games have gone without a single shock. Makes me nervous. Hope i am wrong and we cruise it, but this feels like a struggle to me, 2-2 or 2-1 Rangers

Has DJ fully recovered?

Declan McDaid? Surprised to see he follows Ra sellik. Hmmmmm.

He made a big song and dance on social media about being booed coming on as a sub at Ibrox for Partick Thistle, i don’t remember hearing a thing that day but apparently it was because he had a Catholic name and we are all big bad bigoted monsters.

Out to make a name for himself today.

Docherty/JC and Morelos need to start.Game needs to put to bed early.

Last edited:
I think we'll go 4-4-2. Can't be dropping/resting Candeias when you've got two strikers in the box to get on the end of his world class crosses.

Excited to hear the team news from Derek.

Delighted for young Greg to get his first start and to see Alfie and Cummings start.

Heard yesterday Ayr are the top scorers in Scotland. Will need to be on our guard.

Foderingham

Tavernier
Bates
Cardoso
John (Halliday)

Candieas
Docherty
Goss/Holt
Murphy

Cummings
Morelos

Sounds like 4-4-2 today then.

They will flood the midfield so it will be important to get wide and get decent service to the strikers.

Holt's suspended next week so I'd imagine GD takes his place.

I think Murphy will be rested and Windass will go out wide left

Agreed. 442 with two out and out wingers is mental. One of them needs to tuck in which Windass could do with Candeias hugging the touchline on the other side.

I don't know if Ayr is the same, but just up the coast in Ardrossan the snow is now belting down.

Back