Balogun loves the club and would love to stay

I hope we sign a new left back and let barasic go

I’d love to see king promoted to first choice centre back alongside bassey

We need to develop king he looks like he can be a star

With that in mind I’d keep balogun another year

In my opinion balogun isnt a good enough option going forward even as a squad player should be bringing in souttar to replace him and looking to bring in a quality centre back or two if souttar turns out to be a starter then so be it plus we have king. Just think in bigger games he gets caught out slavia at home, malmo, hibs semi final and even today was bullied at times. Been a good squad player for the two seasons now but should be looking to better options now

We need to buy another CH, maybe even 2. Helander, in my opinion, will be sold along with Katic.

Goldson and Bassey will be away as well. It’s time to scrub that backline and rebuild it!

Thanks for all your hard work Leon

But think it's time we look elsewhere now. We need a robust CB in the door now to replace Goldson

Soutar and Helander are good players but injury record worries me

New CB
Soutar
Helander
King

I dont think hes good enough as our CB mainstay especially in europe, hes a decent squad player and usefull but nowhere near as good as goldson or helander so imo its a downgrade if he is coming to be our main CB.

I'd get used to the idea of downgrades in the short term. That's how it's going to go as our best players move on. We can't afford to replace like for like, never mind better.

If Helander goes then I’d like to see Balogun stay. Model professional and a good player.

We do however need to balance the squad players who have struggled to stay fit with certain starters. Balogun, Helander and Souttar have all shown they‘re prone to injury and so I think keeping all 3 alongside two more reliable starters isn’t really an option.

50/50 on this.

On the one hand, he's been a very good signing and rarely let's us down when called upon. Also a really likeable and intelligent guy, shines through on every interview he gives and clearly has fallen in love with our great club.

On the other hand, his injury record is a concern and I agree that next season should see is really try to develop Leon King and have him installed as our third choice cb. Given that Souttar os incoming and I would like to see us bring in a proper quality goldson replacement, it only really leaves room for one of either Balogun or Helander. Seems unlikeky that we'll get bids in for Helander so would be tempted to let Balogun go, albeit with a huge thank you for his contribution the last 2 seasons.

Intersting to sed what Gio / the board decides.

I’m a bit undecided on Balogun if truth be told. He has done well over the two years but his injury record isn’t great. I’d be more inclined to give his minutes to King. Largely depends on departures though. If Goldson and Bassey both left then I’d be more inclined to keep him.

Ultimately depends on whether we bring on more centre defenders on top of souttar, and their level. Two x goldson ready to be battling for first choice with helander and king then Leon could be useful cover at the back and knows the drill.

Only 1 x goldson then we need to keep him def.

Suspect helander may go at some point, more likely Jan.

Interesting summer

I'd get used to the idea of downgrades in the short term. That's how it's going to go as our best players move on. We can't afford to replace like for like, never mind better.
After what we have made in europe and if we sell one major asset id be fully expecting cash paid for a decent CB.

So no, i hope im not going to get used to downgrades nor should i.

After what we have made in europe and if we sell one major asset id be fully expecting cash paid for a decent CB.

So no, i hope im not going to get used to downgrades nor should i.

How much would you expect to pay for someone of Goldson's ability? We got him for £3m due to his playing circumstances at that time, and he's improved a fair amount in his time with us.

We'll be losing a £10m defender here easily. I don't see us spending that to replace him, so hopefully we can find someone of his level when we first signed him and develop them in a similar way.

There'll be a number of little steps back this summer if the suggested squad changes become a reality.

we need to sign players that contribute and arent injury prone

we should be looking to upgrade our first team

dunno why the fans want most back next season

How much would you expect to pay for someone of Goldson's ability? We got him for £3m due to his playing circumstances at that time, and he's improved a fair amount in his time with us.

We'll be losing a £10m defender here easily. I don't see us spending that to replace him, so hopefully we can find someone of his level when we first signed him and develop them in a similar way.

There'll be a number of little steps back this summer if the suggested squad changes become a reality.
This is how I feel.

In the short term it will be difficult to get similar quality, never mind better. That’s why there’s a lot of emphasis on development and good scouting.

4-5million on a decent rated CB whos not on close to chucking it.

Its not unreasonable to ask for cash to be spent on quality after the season we have had and the cash the fans have put in.

Imo we dont have to settle for downgrades.

One year deal for me if he’s happy being back up. We play so many games a season that we need four centre halves. Balogun and King as back up with Souttar plus another as I think Helander will be off and Katic not good enough.

If the club are confident in offloading helander then maybe but even then still not sure about extending his deal. Albeit I do think the club will do it but we need a Goldson replacement and I don’t fancy relying on souttar and Balogun to fill that void, they aren’t durable enough, unfortunately. Bassey and Goldson replacement as next season’s starting centre halves

Always stepped up when required. He's definitely one of those players whom you can rely on. I would definitely keep him.

I’d keep him for the sake of the CL qualifier, where a settled team will be really important (assuming Goldson leaves).
Going into that game with a brand new CB like Souttar still trying to settle into our system would give me the fear big time!

Can't imagine him being a big earner if we sign him for another 12 months

Good bit of business, extend his stay

Fairly versatile and not a bad player

You are completely wrong on Souttar, he is more than good enough, he is an excellent defender and passer, the only thing that he lacks compared to Goldson is reliability.
Watching souttar over the years he’s not a patch on balogun anyone that says any different is kidding themselves on

I have to disagree there. I'd have Souttar ahead of Balogun in most aspects of what we look for from our centre halves.
The performances balogun has put in while at the club in massive games souttar isn’t a patch on him and next season will prove it , balogun was by far our best player at start of season

You can see that Balogun isn't the comfiest with the ball at his feet but will take it and move it on with a purpose - not just launch it.

He's also a great threat at set pieces.

I'd happily give him another contract.

I'd give him another contract but only if Helander can be moved on. We can't have 2 of our 4(?) centre backs unable to play 2 games per week and likely at least 1 of them not available for long portions of the season.

One would assume Souttar is the Balogun replacement as opposed to the Goldson replacement. Helander, Souttar, King and one other with Bassey primarily 1st choice left back but able to fill in (as is Lundstram).

Back