Barcelona (2) v Bayern Munich (8)

I don't think anyone is surprised at Bayern winning but nobody saw this coming

There were a few posters yesterday predicting a mauling tbf. Anyone who has watched Barca recently knows that they are pish at that level.

Struggled badly against La Liga dross since the restart and have a massive rebuild on their hands.

There were a few posters yesterday predicting a mauling tbf. Anyone who has watched Barca recently knows that they are pish at that level.

Struggled badly against La Liga dross since the restart and have a massive rebuild on their hands.
Agree with you on Barcelona's form and the decline in the way the club has been run. As with most posters, I couldn't see anything other than a Bayern win but there cant be many who predicted that kind of scoreline before the match kicked off

Agree with you on Barcelona's form and the decline in the way the club has been run. As with most posters, I couldn't see anything other than a Bayern win but there cant be many who predicted that kind of scoreline before the match kicked off

Conceding 8 was a surprise however the price before the match told the story. I’m just glad they managed to score as I had Bayern and Btts.

I get where you are coming from, I just don’t believe the hype of the Premiership and City’s defence is pretty ropey, like I say, they have to beat Lyon first.
I know what you are saying - however my brother did a bet the other day and said the fav was a good thing - the race at Leopardstown was won by the highest priced winner ever at :D 300/1. He said that it had no chance
I get where you are coming from, I just don’t believe the hype of the Premiership and City’s defence is pretty ropey, like I say, they have to beat Lyon first.

The thirst for more and more goals last night was fantastic to watch. I know the arse goes completely at 5-2 but the drive and determination from Bayern was superb. They didn't just want to kick Barca when they were down they wanted to annihilate them. Wonderful attitude.
Absolutely I loved it how many times have they done it to teams over the years .

I hope to see us go after some jobbers this season with the same level of goal thirst that Bayern had last night.

Ferdinand kept saying last night "If I were Kevin De Bruyne or Raheem Sterling I'd be rubbing my hands at facing that Bayern defence"

Mate, Lewandowski and Co just put 15 past Barcelona and Chelsea. Imagine what they could do to City's back four ?

I don’t think they have much of a chance to be honest.

Some team and we’re the favourites on follow follow weeks ago in a poll.

Can’t believe they still fall for the Premiership hype because of the money that’s in it.

Bayern will win the Champions League.

What I love about Bayern is the way they mix it like no other team. Lots of teams and I include us are too snobby to chuck a high ball into the box. Not Bayern. They understand the importance of having a couple of big bastards who can jump in the box.

IllfatedHighlevelIberianlynx-size_restricted.gif

The wife had to stop watching the game after 30 minutes she loves wee Messi, I was watching it with my boy I didn't expect that scoreline then Ferdinand comes on going on about Man city how they'd tear Bayern's defence apart. The fact that City have to beat Lyon first isn't a given then look at the scores Bayern had against Spurs then Chelsea I don't think the bookie's will be taking anymore bets on Bayern winning the champions league 19/20

Bayern were phenomenal but in the first 20 minutes Barcelona could easily have had 3 or 4 goals themselves. Twice they broke through and Roberto played a light pass as Suarez was waiting in the middle for a one on one. Messi hit the post and they also missed a header that just went wide.

When the 5th went in Barcelona totally chucked it. There wasn’t even any sign of tackles, Messi actually lost the ball about 30 yards from goal and walked the opposite direction as Bayern went and scored another.

The goal the left back Davies set up was a good goal but I don’t think there was one genuine attempt to take the ball from him. A good run but nothing like the way the studio would have you believe.

I do get what Ferdinand is saying due to this as feel someone with more pace or a Suarez or 2/3 year ago maybe would have caught up with some of the balls in behind defense.

Saying that though I would still fancy Bayern to get to the final and win the tournament. Man City might not even beat Lyon.

Personally I take great delight in seeing Barca being absolutely destroyed and see them crashing back down to earth.

Barcelona’s biggest problems tonight started through the suicidal kick outs of (the usually top notch) Ter-Stegen, then through the horrific defending of Lenglet and Semedo. In fairness u cannot blame all 8 goals on those 3, but by 5 Barca bad definitely chucked it.

Bayern have the worlds best striker (Lewandowski) and the most underrated player on the planet (Müller) pulling the strings up front for them.
Even though it was 8-2 and everyone is attacking the Barca defense, they clearly lost the game in midfield.
No team in the world can defend against the onslaught Bayern brought against from their back 2/3rds last night.

And long may it continue with they cunts.

Barcelona were toxic and any top side would have beat them by 4 or 5 yesterday. Let's not forget that Liverpool put 4 past them just last season and that was without a few of their best players!

While Bayern are my favourites for the competition and have been since the start, City have the players to hurt them and this notion that they have no chance should they play each other is silly at best.

It reminded me of watching the Ali v Holmes fight in 1980.
An all time great, who got himself in some sort of shape, who looked the part, but in reality there was no petrol in the tank
The closing chapter in an incredible era.
Nobody who witnessed their beautiful destruction of Manchester Utd at Wembley in 2011 can have enjoyed that last night.

Barcelona were toxic and any top side would have beat them by 4 or 5 yesterday. Let's not forget that Liverpool put 4 past them just last season and that was without a few of their best players!

While Bayern are my favourites for the competition and have been since the start, City have the players to hurt them and this notion that they have no chance should they play each other is silly at best.
Did you bet Bayern -3?

Was watching last night in the pub but not really paying too much attention. Just catching the highlights just now - what an absolute mauling. Thoroughly deserved win for Bayern. Barcelona were an absolute shambles.

A right good watch.

Jut watched the highlights, could have been more!!

Barcelona could and should have scored at least a couple more too. Bayern can be scary going forward, they have so much pace out wide and world class movement up top with the likes of Muller and Lewandowski. But City, the likes of Sterling, De Bruyne and possibly Aguero, will be licking their lips also at the space Bayern's back line gave to Barca at times.

Should they play each other it will likely come down to which defence is the less toxic on the day in regards to who wins. I'd slightly favour Bayern as City can implode under pressure but it's a game they can win, 100%.

Barcelona could and should have scored at least a couple more too. Bayern can be scary going forward, they have so much pace out wide and world class movement up top with the likes of Muller and Lewandowski. But City, the likes of Sterling, De Bruyne and possibly Aguero, will be licking their lips also at the space Bayern's back line gave to Barca at times.

Should they play each other it will likely come down to which defence is the less toxic on the day in regards to who wins. I'd slightly favour Bayern as City can implode under pressure but it's a game they can win, 100%.

Any team can win any game surely

I saw in some newspaper that Liverpool should receive 5 mil as a bonus for Coutinhio, if he wins Champions League. As it is not specified that he must win it with Barcelona, if Bayern wins it all, Barça will regret that loan even more. 2 goals and 5 mil

Never usually watch games that don't involve us but watched the highlights of this. Good to see Barca get mauled, would have been even better with fans there

It's the way Mueller and Kimmich and the likes walk around laughing at Barcelona as they take them apart. Superb!

Back