Barisic

That’s the issue, a 19 year old winger wasn’t the only thing he had to worry about on Wednesday night.

Go and read the Rangers Review article. Celtics wide men and midfielders were rotating all night, that meant that when the 19 year old winger came inside barisic had to follow and likewise O’Riley went out wide and dragged our midfielder out there. This created havoc and they passed around us. As painful as it is, go watch the 2nd goal back. This is exactly what happened.

He had no where to go in “potential attacks”. Not one man to pass to - everyone was being covered by a Celtic player.

All came down to Gio’s tactics - then some honking performances mixed in. Had we kept a shape like 433 under Gerrard - where men sit and protect space religiously instead of looking to block individual men, none of this would have happened.
That is precisely what happened,the individual performances in the main were poor but a big part of that is down to Gios tactics.Often Tav and Borna were left 2 on 1.For me Bornas defensive attributes are very average and are compensated by his ability to provide dangerous crosses,but if he can't get up the park due to being pinned back or because these are his instructions you are left with a very average defender.

Tactics have nothing to do with his unwillingness to confront a tiny little 19 yr old winger head-on.

He buckled psychologically and that is of his own doing, he's weak-minded.

In positions of a potential attack, he decided to retreat and set a negative mindset on the rest of the team in doing so.

He's finished at Rangers for me.
nonesense, Barisic cant be defended for his performance but the amount of times he was exposed 2 v 1 was shocking mangement. Juranovic and Abada had a field day ganging up on him with no one out there to help Barisic at all. That was clear from 1st minute, and for Gio not to do ANYTHING about it in the first half was criminal

I’ve never seen a player who’s form is so erratic. He’s either brilliant or looks like someone who’s never played before.

He isn’t being helped by the new tactics which keep Kent wide meaning he has no space to run into. His main attribute is getting forward. He isn’t good enough to just solely defend.

He's looked largely done this season. He was never fast, but has lost all pace and is incapable of using his right foot. I still think we should have signed another left back in the summer as Bassey isn't the long term answer either.
Maxwell would do me for now as cover.. Borna's had too many of them for me and Bassey is the better LB.

Genuinely a terrible defender.

Playing him defensively isn’t suited to his abilities, and exposes his weaknesses - it’s utterly bizarre.

Do u think he has any clue how much of a coward we think his performance was ?? Sure he may read the odd paper but am talking about the comments on here how the real fans think am still scunnerred by it

Watching that 3rd goal go in and his total unawareness of what was around him has really made me lose faith in him.
Not sure he can recover in the eyes of our support
Fair play if he can turn it around but I think the better option is a fresh start elsewhere.

Do u think he has any clue how much of a coward we think his performance was ?? Sure he may read the odd paper but am talking about the comments on here how the real fans think am still scunnerred by it
Professional football players are that much up their own arses it probably doesn’t bother them,as long as the money is rolling in.The millionaire life style is more important to them

Hit a bad run of form, with Helander being injured we have had to play the guy who would have took his run in the team at CB.

Sell him. Sign Josh Doig and let him and Bassey battle it out for the jersey
Have you seen Josh Doig this season? He's lost his place at Hibs and is nowhere near good enough.

Barisic had a nightmare on Wednesday and would likely have left in the summer anyway, but he has been generally good since Gio came in and abandoning him after one game doesn't seem a fair assessment - he's came back from a bad spell/game before and can do it again.

For what it's worth Bassey has the place now and it's up to him to cement it.

One question I have is this - what was done in the second half that changed it?

It wasn't just a case of changing the player, there must have been other tweaks. Unless Celtic just didn't bother exploiting that area as much. The one notable time they did, Bassey was booked.

If it was a tweak/s....why did it take until half time to make it/them.

I think he wanted away in the summer and it never came off, i also think a few others were of the same thinking, Just my opinion

His confidence is shot to pieces

I love the guy, and I'm gutted by how poor he was on Wednesday. Sadly he's capable of these utterly dismal displays.

He was shite, as were many others, but he was also hung out to dry by the system. Celtic got their tactics bang-on too.

I don't want to look backwards too much, but I really don't expect Mick Beale would watch our full-backs get tag-teamed like that and do %^*& all about it. Really disappointed we didn't even see an attempt at changing things until the break.

Probably finished in the eyes of the support after Wednesday and needs sold in the summer.

The reality is he’s had one good season at the club in 4 years which simply isn’t good enough for Rangers.

His performance on Wednesday typified everything Rangers fans cannot stand in a player.

Tactics didn’t help him but that’s absolutely no excuse for not at least busting a gut and getting stuck in. That’s the minimum you should expect at that level.

In truth in his 4 seasons we’ve had one consistently good season out of him. Had some good moments in season 2, but over the piece he hasn’t nearly contributed enough. He’s also the last guy I’d want in the trenches with me.

I’d only use him from here on out in an emergency and look to ship him out in the summer.
Nails it. Was terrible in his first season, brilliant in his second, mediocre in his third and now terrible in his fourth.

I'm sure this isn't the first thread about him so apologies. Haven't been on here until now (rage only just subsided this morning)

What's the general feeling on him after Wednesday? In these situations, it's so easy to look for a scapegoat and pin all the blame there and nowhere else. Certainly the whole team (McGregor, Arfield and Jack aside) let themselves and the supporters down but none more so than Borna Barisic. I honestly don't want to see him play again this season and for him to be sold in the summer. I don't have a problem with Rangers getting beaten but I do have a problem with players chucking it mid-match. That third goal makes me feel ill.
I can't believe the amount of folk saying Mcgregor cam hold his head high.
He should've done better at the first, his positioning for the second was miles out amd he should've been out clai the ball at the 3rd.
Not forgetting the amount of times he kicked it out the park.
Yes he made decent saves, but they were right down his throat, saves most leepers should be making.

One of a few if it was up to me should never pull a rangers top on again a coward.

he was turgid and I can't be bothered looking at him, but the idea he won't play for us again is a bit hilarious TBF
Really, your happy for this guy to carry on in this team after the other night,there is a point in any job where the level of workmanship is sackable , as a pro footballer he gave in and shit himself a coward of a footballer.

Probably finished in the eyes of the support after Wednesday and needs sold in the summer.

The reality is he’s had one good season at the club in 4 years which simply isn’t good enough for Rangers.

His performance on Wednesday typified everything Rangers fans cannot stand in a player.
Wouldn’t have him down as finished, I believe he needs dropped but he could refind form, it’s a funny old game.

I think the coward and shitebag stuff from some are over the top, I don’t think he’s either I think he just had an absolute disaster on Wednesday like the rest of them

Really, your happy for this guy to carry on in this team after the other night,there is a point in any job where the level of workmanship is sackable , as a pro footballer he gave in and shit himself a coward of a footballer.
Ricksen was miles worse and won POTY, dry out your pants

Barasic looked like he was pissed off that no-one came in for him on the last day of the transfer window. Bassey may not be everyone’s cup of tea but he did nothing wrong second half after Balogun came on

Back