Bayern Munich v Madrid

Ronaldo is a protected species. Anyone else would have been sent off by now, booked for diving then that deliberate handball , a stonewall yellow card and it’s just ignored.

One of the weirdest CL semi-final matches I've ever seen in terms of how poor the quality is. Poor passing throughout and woeful defending and goalkeeping. Bayern the bigger culprit, as the home team they have been shocking. Add to that Roma last night who didn't even look match fit for the middle section of the match. All very bizarre.

Liverpool looking like they will end up winning it mainly on the back of a single superstar player.

It's been bizarre.

Both games peppered with atrocious mistakes all over the pitch, and some horrendous tactical decisions by Roma. Even Liverpool can be included in that in surrendering two goals of their five goal :eek: lead with nothing more than a lack of concentration and sloppiness.

As you say, quite incredible given that this is the semis of the CL

I fucking detest Bayern.

A bigger bunch of whiney bastard, diving, cheating, Mols injuring, sausage eating, injury feigning, referee influencing, wankers you'll never meet.

Just saying :D

Some of these dives are just ridiculous. As soon as some of the players on display feel a touch, they go down like a pussy. These are supposed to be professional athletes who train strength. Embarrassing.

I fucking detest Bayern.

A bigger bunch of whiney bastard, diving, cheating, Mols injuring, sausage eating, injury feigning, referee influencing, wankers you'll never meet.

You’ve said you hate Bayern and then described Madrid :D (Mols and sausages aside)

Not another side in the competing that gets more favours than Madrid.

They’ve created plenty. Hummels, Ribery and Muller have all missed guilt edged chances.

That and the blunder for Asensio’s goal is what will cost them.
I wouldn’t say gilt-edged. They have had a couple of chances where they should have done better. Robert in the first half where he miscontrolled but at home, you need to be doing better.

You’ve said you hate Bayern and then described Madrid :D (Mols and sausages aside)

Not another side in the competing that gets more favours than Madrid.

Bollocks :D

How's that for a well constructed counter argument

On a side note. Liverpool's attack will rip either of those defences apart on tonight's evidence.

One of the weirdest CL semi-final matches I've ever seen in terms of how poor the quality is. Poor passing throughout and woeful defending and goalkeeping. Bayern the bigger culprit, as the home team they have been shocking. Add to that Roma last night who didn't even look match fit for the middle section of the match. All very bizarre.

Liverpool looking like they will end up winning it mainly on the back of a single superstar player.
Real Madrid will destroy Liverpool. Hope I can find someone to go even money on this.

Ronaldo will carry them in the final.

On a side note. Liverpool's attack will rip either of those defences apart on tonight's evidence.

I agreed last night that Roma would prove a tougher test than City's leaky defence, so I'm saying nothing :D

I fucking detest Bayern.

Injuring Mols ? I take it you have never saw the way he was hurt ?

You kidding. RMs defence are outstanding. That's why they're going for three big ears on the spin. For set plays CR is part of that defence. It's like having a centre half that scores a goal a game.

As good as Real Madrid are I can't stand them. They are refereed to a completely different standard to everybody else.

Ronaldo blatantly dived in the first half and the ref done nothing. Bayern were breaking away and two Real players (I think Modric & Vasquez) tried to take Bayern players out and the ref never booked either of them.

Frustrating watching a game that's not on a level playing field.

What a victory for Madrid.

The spine of the side just seem to carry them on regardless.

6 wins in a row over Bayern...3 wins in a row in Germany.

When do we start talking about Zidane being better than Mourinho and Pep?

This post mirrors many on the board over the last 6 or 7 years and you wonder at what point people really look at the bigger picture.

A few years ago it was ‘Liverpool are pish and it’s all Suarez,’ then it became all about Coutinho and Liverpool would be shite without him, now it’s ‘Liverpool are shite and without Salah they’d be nothing.’

At what point do people actually say Liverpool sign and improve players, rather than just blow £200m a year like their rivals and actually they deserve credit?

We had ‘they’ve had an easy draw,’ or ‘city’s defence were poor,’ and now ‘Roma’s tactics were rubbish.’

You don’t get to being 5-2 up in a CL semi final, being the highest scorers in the competition and the highest British scorers ever in the competition based purely on 1 man.

As good as Real Madrid are I can't stand them. They are refereed to a completely different standard to everybody else.

Ronaldo blatantly dived in the first half and the ref done nothing. Bayern were breaking away and two Real players (I think Modric & Vasquez) tried to take Bayern players out and the ref never booked either of them.

Frustrating watching a game that's not on a level playing field.
Bayern were bogging in the second half...The goal on half time killed them.

Zidane subs killed them.. Vasquez at right back was bawsy

Injuring Mols ? I take it you have never saw the way he was hurt ?

I remember it well.

He landed horribly awkwardly as he avoided the challenge from Khan on the sideline.

Doesn't stop me blaming them for it, though. I can't stand the qunts :)

Game sort of shows the difference between Barca and Madrid in recent years.

Ronaldo can stink the place out and his team mates will do it all for him. If Messi has a stinker Barca are done for.
Post the South Park pic for me eh

Please,,,

I suppose when he does it in several countries over several years?

It is an impressive run of results over Bayern.

It’s a tough one. Mourinho has been successful at multiple clubs, albeit he has spent crazy sums of money, Guardiola inherited a great squad at Barcelona and enjoyed far greater resources at Bayern than his rivals. At city, he has simply spent vast sums on the back of about 8 years of cast sums being spent prior to his joining. That devalues his achievements.

The Real Madrid job is the toughest in world football. Very few, even of Zidane’s stature last 3 years.

I remember it well.

He landed horribly awkwardly as he avoided the challenge from Khan on the sideline.

Doesn't stop me blaming them for it, though. I can't stand the qunts :)
I didn’t like Oliver Khan either but to blame him is wrong, yes he was involved but did nothing wrong

Real Madrid will destroy Liverpool. Hope I can find someone to go even money on this.

Ronaldo will carry them in the final.
Ronaldo is a big game player, no doubt about it. He has delivered consistently at this level for almost 15 years.

In a one off game anything can happen but Madrid would obviously start favourites and they have been over the course before.

Shocking keeper, full back, as good as Marcelo is, who is often caught way upfield, Liverpool absolutely deadly on the counter attack all season and their front 3 on fire. If spurs can do it then Liverpool can too. Just a neutral observation, I couldn't care less either way. Just hoping for a cracking final assuming it'll be between those two.

It is an impressive run of results over Bayern.

It’s a tough one. Mourinho has been successful at multiple clubs, albeit he has spent crazy sums of money, Guardiola inherited a great squad at Barcelona and enjoyed far greater resources at Bayern than his rivals. At city, he has simply spent vast sums on the back of about 8 years of cast sums being spent prior to his joining. That devalues his achievements.

The Real Madrid job is the toughest in world football. Very few, even of Zidane’s stature last 3 years.

Let's not forget the changes he made to that squad though in his first season...

Also, Zidane inherited an unbelievable squad. Did he actually sign anyone of note in his first season?

It's silly to even compare Zidane to Mourinho or Guardiola IMO - especially Mourinho. He won the CL with Porto and Inter.

Back