BBC incredibly negative on Roofe’s goal

It’s an entertainment/light hearted piece about the goal. I really don’t think it’s meant to cause offence.

If you try and pick out negatively in the article you are bound to find something to nit pick; however, I echo a lot of the comments on here and don't see anything wrong with it.

bbc basically calling Gerrard a lying basturt! He’s said it’s the best he’s ever seen and I believe him

Agreed however, this wasn't written by the rhabid mob at Pacific Quay therefore I am not going to start frothing at the mouth...
Neither am I mate but as I quoted from BBC teletext(yes some of us old ones still use it)Milan hold Celtic at bay after rally,and we rode our luck

Agreed however, this wasn't written by the rhabid mob at Pacific Quay therefore I am not going to start frothing at the mouth...
That’s my point - quite aside from the Scottish contingent just hating Rangers, you have their southern colleagues whose heads can not comprehend anything resembling good or entertaining football coming from anywhere outside whoever the Big Four in England is this season.

Contrary to the positive of everyone else:

Standard Liege 0-2 Rangers: Was Roofe's goal really the greatest Gerrard's seen?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54653959

No, I shouldn’t be surprised :mad:
Did you listen to this?

Sounds like they enjoyed the goal especially.
Happy to 'give it' to them when they deserve it ...but seriously they don't deserve it for this.
They seemed excited to me after watching that game.

I've been telling all the Peasants I know that Roofe's goal is the greatest ever seen in European competition. They're not taking it well. lol

Sorry but am not reading that as a negative
I am, simply because he never said it was the best goal he's ever seen, he said it was the best goal he has seen live while watching it,big difference. Also trying to compare a free shot on goal from a free kick to Roofe's is pathetic.

He also said, the best goal he has seen LIVE. Might not be the best goal he has seen overal. Usual bbc pish.

OP says he was just “a bit” annoyed, even thought he’s incredibly in the header!lol
I didn’t say I was “a bit annoyed”, nor offended for what it’s worth, I said I found the article negative.

I found it incredible they could be negative given it was an amazing piece of skill.

Rest assured, I lost no sleep over it ;)

I didn’t say I was “a bit annoyed”, nor offended for what it’s worth, I said I found the article negative.

I found it incredible they could be negative given it was an amazing piece of skill.

Rest assured, I lost no sleep over it ;)

What was it you found 'incredibly negative' about it, out of interest? Like others I don't see what you do. I mean, is it a regular thing for that lot to give an individual goal their own article, outwith the match report? I don't know the answer but, I'd imagine it's quite rare.

Caught Reporting Scotland tonight for news & sport content they were actually very positive on last night's game & in particular what was the highlight of last night .

What was it you found 'incredibly negative' about it, out of interest? Like others I don't see what you do. I mean, is it a regular thing for that lot to give an individual goal their own article, outwith the match report? I don't know the answer but, I'd imagine it's quite rare.
I found it incredible that the tone of the article was negative given it was an amazing piece of play and he definitely meant it.

Some folk agree, others don’t, so it isn’t just me.

Some stuff was grudging: “the competition's - admittedly relatively short - history”. Why not just say the Europa League and leave it at that?

The way in which the other examples were framed, implying Gerrard wasn’t serious - bit of a kick in the baws to Roofe if that’s the case, and I think Gerrard’s too savvy to make that mistake.

I’ll leave it at that. If Gerrard says it’s the best goal he’s seen with his own eyes, than I’ll take him at his word.

I found it incredible that the tone of the article was negative given it was an amazing piece of play and he definitely meant it.

Some folk agree, others don’t, so it isn’t just me.

Some stuff was grudging: “the competition's - admittedly relatively short - history”. Why not just say the Europa League and leave it at that?

The way in which the other examples were framed, implying Gerrard wasn’t serious - bit of a kick in the baws to Roofe if that’s the case, and I think Gerrard’s too savvy to make that mistake.

I’ll leave it at that. If Gerrard says it’s the best goal he’s seen with his own eyes, than I’ll take him at his word.

Fair one. Personally, I think you are completely over-thinking it. Perhaps understandable with that mob but, for once, I don't think there is much malice in it. When a great like SG says something like that, it's going to be newsworthy and throw up debate and comparisons. As said, I see it more as a positive that they've done it like t that, they could have just limited the coverage they gave it and only mentioned it in the Match report if they wanted to really show their negativity.

Surely the only person that can judge if it’s the best goal Gerrard has seen is Gerrard?

The BBC come out with some amount of shite. To think I’m made to pay to keep them going.

I’m delighted at this sort of reporting. Some senior bbc fanny went to bed crying himself to sleep over how shit Celtic are and thought to himself he would redeem the situation by belittling Rangers.

Bathing in his tears. Fanny

The SPFL, if they had any integrity and credibility, should also see themselves as custodians of our national game. The constant ridicule and denigration of our game that they are complicit in allowing from all quarters is a major factor in why our game isn't taken seriously outside of Scotland and cannot attract any decent sponsorship.

Back