Beale: “When we left we were four points ahead. There’s no way we’d have let them come past us. “

I really, really wish MB would quickly learn to say less publicly. His assertion that is this thread’s title about being four points ahead when he and Gerrard left is the prime example of something that should never have been said.

He and Gerrard left after 13 leagues games at which point we had 30 points. Extrapolating that points accumulation rate over the whole season gives 30/13 * 38 = 87.69, so 88 points. Yet we finished the season, despite the points that such as McGregor threw away against Ross County, Motherwell and I would contend the scum at Ibrox, with 89 points. So GVB actually achieved a slightly better points accumulation rate than Gerrard did last season.

The season Gerard left we should have been much further ahead as the fat Aussie still had the utter dross he had inherited. That January window they improved their playing squad dramatically

GvB still had Rangers one kick from a major European trophy, Won the Scottish Cup , beating them on the way, and qualified for Champions league group stages by turning around a 2-0 first leg loss for the first time in clubs history and defeating PSV away from home. He deserved better than an ex coach deliberately undermining him! Beales comments in that podcast are not the comments of a Rangers manager!

The season Gerard left we should have been much further ahead as the fat Aussie still had the utter dross he had inherited. That January window they improved their playing squad dramatically

GvB still had Rangers one kick from a major European trophy, Won the Scottish Cup , beating them on the way, and qualified for Champions league group stages by turning around a 2-0 first leg loss for the first time in clubs history and defeating PSV away from home. He deserved better than an ex coach deliberately undermining him! Beales comments in that podcast are not the comments of a Rangers manager!
Gio shouldn't have lost the lead we had and he and the team completely shit themselves at the piggery which gave them a huge amount of confidence to go on and win the title.

Last edited:
If Beale had taken care of the games against celtic, yesterday we would have been down to five points then if we won against Aberdeen there would have been two points separating the teams going into the final games.

The jury is still out on Beale we can only hope when he gets his own players in he can turn us around but I worry about the shape of the team and if he can make the correct subs when needed to change matches.
A lot of our players had checked out yesterday and that should not be allowed to happen, some players are not earning the right to play and are getting picked on sentiment.

Reactions: ao2
If Beale had taken care of the games against celtic, yesterday we would have been down to five points then if we won against Aberdeen there would have been two points separating the teams going into the final games.

The jury is still out on Beale we can only hope when he gets his own players in he can turn us around but I worry about the shape of the team and if he can make the correct subs when needed to change matches.
A lot of our players had checked out yesterday and that should not be allowed to happen, some players are not earning the right to play and are getting picked on sentiment.
He deserves a chance to put his own team together but I unfortunately have the feeling that the board have appointed another cheap option which isn't going to end well for us, I do hope I'm wrong.

He deserves a chance to put his own team together but I unfortunately have the feeling that the board have appointed another cheap option which isn't going to end well for us, I do hope I'm wrong.
Yes, he was not a favourite on here to replace Gio as a lot said at the time he's very inexperienced as a manager.
I will moan about him but give him time to see how he does with his own players but he's making rookie mistakes.

Yes, he was not a favourite on here to replace Gio as a lot said at the time he's very inexperienced as a manager.
I will moan about him but give him time to see how he does with his own players but he's making rookie mistakes.
We have to beat them next week or the pressure will mount big time on him.

Back