Beale interview on SSN

Happy to be proven wrong. Hes always been a good talker to be fair, I’m pinning my hopes on the letting the handbrake off comment.

One holding midfielder only please.
We played jack and Kamara most weeks under Gerrard and Beale this simply can’t happen this time around.

Happy to be proven wrong. Hes always been a good talker to be fair, I’m pinning my hopes on the letting the handbrake off comment.

One holding midfielder only please.
Our early European success under Gerrard had Jack/Davis/Kamara as our usual midfield 3. I'd describe them all as defensive midfielders.

It's funny how much a good interview can do for your outlook eh? Fingers crossed we see results on the pitch too.. I'm optimistic!

He speaks well, very well but if I’m being honest I’ve had enough of talk coming out the club for so long, granted not from Beale

We are a club full of sound bytes, let’s hope the manager can transfer it into performances on the park

Im glad he’s made it clear he will have no difficulty telling people their times up, many need to be told and moved on

"If people are not all in, they can go to one side, and the people who are, I'll move forward with those"

Just what I wanted to hear, no messing, no passengers, no bigheads, shape up or ship out.

Enjoyed that interview he comes across really well. The training video has made me feel like I'm an addict craving Rangers content again, which is nice.
I have the same feeling. Last few months I could hardly stomach watching press conferences. Felt like the life and soul had been ripped out the club. Now got the buzz back, and I actually think Beale is an exciting appointment that will get us back on track sooner rather than later.

"If people are not all in, they can go to one side, and the people who are, I'll move forward with those"

Just what I wanted to hear, no messing, no passengers, no bigheads, shape up or ship out.
Yes, we been carrying players too long as they think they will get better than Rangers I can't see it as our decent players get snapped up quickly.

Spoke very well of Gio. Spoke very well of Gerrard. Spoke very well of QPR and Les Ferdinand. The guy is a class act.

You then hear him talking about us and it gets the spidey senses tingling... he gets it and he gets us.

I want this quote on fùcking t-shirts and posters - Some opportunities recently were very hard to turn down... This opportunity was impossible to turn down.

"I've had other opportunities that were difficult to turn down, this one was impossible to turn down"

I find it really weird so many people seem to be turning their nose up at Beale, how many highly rated up and coming managers or players in this day and age will turn down the EPL and more money because their dream job is Rangers?

I think people should drop the 'underwhelmed' or 'lazy' nonsense and give him the same respect back and get behind this new era.

Got to say, got a bit of a buzz watching that. We all know the size of the task at hand but in the short term , if this appointment gets me looking forward to reading / listening and watching all things Rangers again , then it’s a good start.
Last month or two pre w.c break was draining all the fun of going to the games for me.

Fantastic interview, can’t wait to get started with MB in the dugout. Good times ahead, might take a bit of time but this is a guy that can take us forward, no doubt in my mind

Just on 10 minutes ago, anybody catch it?

Thought it was a really good interview. I know its all just talk at the moment but he is quite an engaging character and comes across as really driven. Spoke well, addressed the loyalty / qpr exit questions honestly and didn't miss a chance to put over how huge a club we are.

Couple of things I liked in particular:

- when asked about his approach to the players changing now that he's manager as opposed to coach, he said he was never that close with the players before (in terms of friendly) and was probably the biggest moaner / disciplinarian of the group. Will be looking each player in the eye to make sure they're committed to the club and willing to put the graft in. So maybe he does have the ruthless streak in him after all...

- Said that the squad isn't as broken as people thinks it is. Obviously injuries played s huge part in our form under gio but not looking to use that as an excuse going forward.

I've been firmly in the "underwhelmed" camp when it comes to his appointment. But I'm.starting to warm to the idea and can see that he's not short on self-confidence that he's the man to get us back on track
What did he say regarding the loyalty QPR thing?

Seems to know what is required.
Should be capable of improving players we bring in.
Won’t be afraid to make difficult decisions.

That was pretty much the criteria we had so I will be behind him 100%.

I think those hoping to see the back of Kamara may be disappointed though.
According to Halliday he was Beales’ boy and should be first name on the teamsheet.
He might have different views on the game now but things like that tend to stick.

Got caught up with everything about Rangers.

Loved The Club...didn't want to leave.

Turned down Wolves...offered more money than Rangers but half the club.

Would always have left QPR for Rangers...totally bought into the club ethos.

Forget all that though...listen to the passion and energy of the man. Compare it to way the previous manager came into the job - almost like we were lucky to have a previously fired, then long-term unemployed manager, deign to manage us.

I was mocked by many for saying GVB would flop.

Well....I believe Beale will succeed.

His interviews have been excellent, full of ambition clarity and steel. I wish we were a lot closer to the poets than we are.

I've spent the last week moaning about Beale but that was an Impressive interview. Glad to hear the part about not being that close players last time.I think he is going to prove me and many others wrong

I’m in the same boat. Wasn’t too keen on Beale but the more I see and hear from him it gives me more confidence.

Especially when you hear rumours of the players being delighted to have him back then I think we will see a big change pretty quickly.
You have to assume the board sought the counsel of the likes of Tav, Goldson, McGregor, Davis etc to get a feel from the dressing room about how they'd react to Beale's return and that the response must have been positive.

"This one was impossible to turn down". - Michael Beale. Imagine any Rangers fan not quite grasping that.
I did say on a few podcasts in the summer when asked about a return in the future ‘no one would turn down Rangers’ but hoped we’d be too good for him

Good interview and I hope he makes a good start and gets the players performing again

I really want him to succeed but will the board be able to give him some funds in January to bring in some new players ?

Maybe selling Kamara will help but we need fresh faces especially in midfield and we need the new manager to get more of the current squad

Good luck Michael

Don't agree. The backbone of that squad got us to a European final 7 months ago. I believe Beale can get much more out of Kent, Kamara etc.
Personally my main gripe with GVB is, he wasn't getting best out of what we have. I believe we could be doing much better than we have for majority of season.

I think he is wrong about the squad not being as broken as we think.It is broken on so many ways.He needs to rip it up because if he continues with these duds then it will simply continue to stagnate.
I’m hoping it’s a case of tickling their tummies to get to the end of the season mate. He can’t go in and slaughter the squad and expect a reaction. I am confident he will purge the squad in pre season.

Back