Beale on Wilson.

Taverneeeeer

Beale saying most of the summer recruitment is lined up and wont be messed up by wilson leaving. The optimist will say that is a good thing and the pessimists will say that it will leave us with more players wilson was involved in sourcing.

Im choosing to trust the manager and his judgment in identifying the players. Cantwell and Raskin were an excellent start.

Beale told RangersTV: "In terms of recruitment and targets Ross and I have been working closely on that. We've got an extensive recruitment team and analysis start that collect the data.

"Meetings have already been had and recruitment and pre-season has very much been finalised. Now, it's just ticking one or two boxes on areas.

"Maybe some players see their futures elsewhere.

“The main part of the recruitment process in terms of identifying players has already happened. Now it’s about executing those deals.”

Beale saying most of the summer recruitment is lined up and wont be messed up by wilson leaving. The optimist will say that is a good thing and the pessimists will say that it will leave us with more players wilson was involved in sourcing.

Im choosing to trust the manager and his judgment in identifying the players. Cantwell and Raskin were an excellent start.
Agree with this. We've clearly got things in the pipeline and it's a fresh start for whoever replaces Wilson. Onwards and upwards.

Anyone saying Ross Wilson leaving is not good news for Rangers is not a pessimist, they are a fool.

An even bigger job this summer will be removing the dead wood from the squad. I’d like to know how this will be impacted by Wilson’s leaving.

I keep seeing all this praise for Cantwell. Have I missed something here? Seems to me he is very much unproven at this point, been ok but we need to see far more from him before I start hailing him as a huge success.

Beale had already said he gave Wilson a list of players he wants, so those will be Beales signings 100%

An even bigger job this summer will be removing the dead wood from the squad. I’d like to know how this will be impacted by Wilson’s leaving.

I keep seeing all this praise for Cantwell. Have I missed something here? Seems to me he is very much unproven at this point, been ok but we need to see far more from him before I start hailing him as a huge success.
Anybody with even a little knowledge of football can see there is a talented player there, who also plays with heart and desire.

Nobody is hailing him a huge success, but indications are he has the making of a Rangers player.

Anybody with even a little knowledge of football can see there is a talented player there, who also plays with heart and desire.

Nobody is hailing him a huge success, but indications are he has the making of a Rangers player.
I agree he has talent, but just cause he has some talent doesn’t necessarily mean he is going to be a success here.

He’s done ok so far and obviously needs time to settle, but I’m still not sure what kind of midfielder he is going to be for us. Are we expecting goals and assists? If so numbers are a bit disappointing so far. Not seen him really take hold of a game and dictate play.

I’m in no way slating the lad or saying he’s a bad player - for me though at this point I don’t think it’s a dead cert that he’s going to be a key player in a winning Rangers team.

I'm choosing to believe Beale has ID'd them and Wislon has done the leg work and it's just a case of putting pen to paper on a few. As you say Cantwell and Raskin bode well.

I agree he has talent, but just cause he has some talent doesn’t necessarily mean he is going to be a success here.

He’s done ok so far and obviously needs time to settle, but I’m still not sure what kind of midfielder he is going to be for us. Are we expecting goals and assists? If so numbers are a bit disappointing so far. Not seen him really take hold of a game and dictate play.

I’m in no way slating the lad or saying he’s a bad player - for me though at this point I don’t think it’s a dead cert that he’s going to be a key player in a winning Rangers team.
He's been here long enough to know that despite the 'numbers' you refer to, he looks a positive addition and would thrive in a good Rangers team.

For a January signing who has taken a while to get match fit and up to speed that is all he can be judged on at the moment.

many forget us getting Wilson, at the time, was considered a coup by some.
Should have been. Southampton’s recruitment and youth development was good for a long while. But, perhaps their recent troubles might actually be the fruit of Wilson’s labour. And the good stuff was his predecessor?

Maybe he just found it easier with a much larger wage bill and all that tv money.

I posted something similar the other day , I’m way way off being convinced by Cantwell seems to be a bit of a look at me type but there isn’t that much to see

Sounds good but with the best will in the world it's unlikely we'll get our 1st or even 2nd choice for every position, that's not a dig at anyone it's just the way football is.

Also players may become available during the window you didn't think would be.

It would be a dream if it's as cut and dried as Beale is saying but there's probably more to it.

Should have been. Southampton’s recruitment and youth development was good for a long while. But, perhaps their recent troubles might actually be the fruit of Wilson’s labour. And the good stuff was his predecessor?

Maybe he just found it easier with a much larger wage bill and all that tv money.
Almost all of the successful signings/sales that you would associate with Southampton (e.g Van Dijk, Wanyama, Lallana, Lovren, Shaw, Mane, Lambert, Schneiderlin etc) were from before Wilson’s time there.

Wilson had a lot of expensive flops:
Boufal £16m, Gabbiadini £15m, Carrillo £20m, Lemina £16m, Hoedt £14m, Bednarek £5m, Vestegaard £22m, Elyounoussi £13m, Gunn £10m.

The only major success i can think of from his spell there was Hojberg who ended up going to Spurs.

Beale told RangersTV: "In terms of recruitment and targets Ross and I have been working closely on that. We've got an extensive recruitment team and analysis start that collect the data.

"Meetings have already been had and recruitment and pre-season has very much been finalised. Now, it's just ticking one or two boxes on areas.

"Maybe some players see their futures elsewhere.

“The main part of the recruitment process in terms of identifying players has already happened. Now it’s about executing those deals.”
The only thing Wilson gets praise on is deal execution.

Beale is going to have a busy time converting - I have utmost faith in him doing that. He will have to control this phase more than would be ideal.

He will be due a break at end of season. He’s put in a fuckload of effort for guts of half a year and frankly deserves praise for it.

It’s clear he’s implemented a change in how the club is run. He calls the shots.

Them lot have the same.

It works with the right people. I trust him implicitly

Says who?

It's not right but if Beale doesn't win the semi final in two weeks then he goes into next season under even more pressure with very little wiggle room.

Logic tells us that he's clearly improved us and deserves a right good shot at it but it is unthinkable that he doesn't lay a glove on that mob before the summer.

And before it's said, the dead rubber at Ibrox means fúck all.

It's not right but if Beale doesn't win the semi final in two weeks then he goes into next season under even more pressure with very little wiggle room.

Logic tells us that he's clearly improved us and deserves a right good shot at it but it is unthinkable that he doesn't lay a glove on that mob before the summer.

And before it's said, the dead rubber at Ibrox means fúck all.
“Logic tells us that he’s clearly improved us and deserves a right good shot at it”

I agree,pretty sure Rangers will also.

Back